rFactor 2 engine and car sound. Room for improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

I also am working on the monster 427 sound gt40 and then Ferrari 330 P4 with V12. Remastering all these for pure pleasure. My house shakes sometimes when i am playing on full volume lol. Droning V8s, V12s.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He's saying that you're digging up old dead threads. Like a Necromancer bringing dead bodies to life.

3. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Alright i was unsure either way. Sorry for bringing up ancient shit from the past but i feel rf2 needs better engine sounds. This forum feels dead btw. Is it true?

Marisa likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would welcome such sounds reach rF2.

Marisa likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

No

Will Mazeo likes this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Sounds certainly have a lot left to be desired, RR and ACC have the best sounds hands down.

7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I think some of the sound mods for AC and those of the RSS GT1 mod combined with fMod are as good - if not better, than other titles but, even more evident in replay mode. The audio produced during replays (RSS GT1) are the only ones from any game that can raise the hair on my neck to this day.

In-car audio is another matter though, and indeed - ACC and RR are top contenders in that area alone. Still, I think both could be better in replay mode. PC2 replays are quite poor by comparison, despite using fMod but, it's been suggested that console limitations have much to do with that.