SIMUCUBE 2 kerbs, bumps, or deformations in the track feel way too strong

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fasttuning, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

So, how you suggest me to regulate this hell without decreasing all other FFB? I can't drive Porsche Cup on Nordschleife. I'm a professional race driver, and i know how kerbs affects on wheel, this is unrealistic Strikes

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

3. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

I don't have OSW_Simucube profile in my True drive, there i can find only simulators profiles, there is no profiles for Old version DD Osw wheel. Also, it doesn't help as i understand from other posts on your forum. FFB is great, but this moment is not regulates

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the rFactor control setup page

5. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

It's close to the Simucube 2 profile, very similar. FFB is incredible, but bumps is too strong, this is only problem. Also i find, that if i decrease FFB in Rfactor, i lose all but not strikes :D So it seems like this option is alwais in the same values

6. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Use slew rate below 0.5 in true drive. You wont lose any feedback but soften the bumps/curbs. The tires will feel more rubbery.

7. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

Thanks for advice. Here is what i find. This is the best way to feel good while driving. This is on the limit of adequate strikes.

Attached Files:

8. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

For my simucube 2 Sport i use these settings:
    • force reconstruction: 3
    • bandwidth limit: 3300hz
    • damping: 12
    • friction: 6
    • intertia: 5
    • slew rate limit: off
    • ultra low latency mode: 10
    in rf2 ffb multiplier 0.55, ffb smoothing 5.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you tried some in-game smoothing?

I'm curious because there was an additional parameter available back in rF1 that was never brought through to rF2, I suspect it would help in this situation though I'd probably need to see FFB telemetry to be more sure. Anyway, a lot of people recommend smoothing of 2-4 to help with harsh feedback.

10. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

This parameter smooth only FFB, i'm already try it

11. Javier Gomis

Javier Gomis Registered

I hope to help you. I was a pilot when I was young. Now I am content to pilot in the simulator;)
    Excuse my English.

1st Choose the profile of OSW - SimeCube.
    2nd Load the default value of Rfactor in the SimeCube2.
    3º I have the Simcube of 25 nm but I limit it to 15 nm since the FFB in the simulators go to the arms and shoulders and in the real car the G forces go to the whole body and also that way I protect the engine for a longer duration.

I put the appropriate range to each value that you can modify at your taste but always within that range.

Rfactor2 tab: Frame in parenthesis my chosen value
    Simucube force reconstruction = 3-5 (4)
    Torque bandwicht limit = 2200 - 4700 hz (4700)
    Damping = 3 - 12% (9%)
    Friction = 3 - 12% (9%)
    Inertia = 3-12% (9%)
    Static Force Reduction = OFF (off)
    Slew Rate Limit (Nm / ms) = 0.25 -1 (0.53)
    Ultra Low Latency Mode = Off (off)

Center Frequency HZ = disable (disable)

DirectImpust effect fine:
    Damping: 0-8% (0%)
    Friction = 0-8% (0%)
    Spring = 0-100% (100%)
    Sine Wave = 0-100% (100%)
    Square wav = 0-100% (100%)
    Sawtooth = 0-100% (100%)
    Triangle = 0-100% (100%)

It is convenient never to exceed 30% in effect as damping, friction and inertia

Then in the general tab of Simucube2 which is for all simulators. The next:

Bumpstop maximum strench = 20% (20%)
    bumpstop angle = 10% (10%)
    bumping damping effects = 0% (0%)

Centrering strength = 100% (100%)

I hope I've helped. And to enjoy driving

12. Javier Gomis

Javier Gomis Registered

And I forgot everything inside the simulator by default except:

FFB smoothing = 2 -4 (2)
    Car Specific FFB Mult = It varies a lot between cars but in Norscheifle with the Mercedes AMG GT3 which for me is the worst Rfactor 2 car because of its slippage I have a value of 0.60
    The values will oscillate with 15nm between 0.45 and 1.00
    According to the car but a trick that I use in Rfactor2 is to leave the warning of the maximum of 15nm and if it rings in asphalt area I lower it 0.10 as long as it is not a bumpy area of the circuit and that is not too strong that they cause pain in the dolls. You have to be able to roll 10-15 minutes spinning and not feeling pain in the wrists as long as they are clean.

13. Javier Gomis

Javier Gomis Registered

An important detail, especially for very violent cars with brakes and to avoid chattering on tires, is to increase the smoothing to 8 and for circuits and cars with a turning radius of 400, to raise the steering wheel rotation ratio at a minimum of Simecube 2 a 1180º.

14. Highmynamesryaan

Highmynamesryaan Registered

Hey, got a simucube2 pro, tried all above and some settings from granite devices forum but can’t find anything that really works good, specially having problems with the harsh curbs and spikes in FFB
    Any recommended settings?
    Or how can i tone down the curbs and spikes?

15. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I have another direct drive wheel. But have you tried adjusting car multipler from 1.0 to 0.7 to avoid FFB clipping. (you have to do it for every car) and if then needed crank up the FFB. If you have simhub, I have a FFB meter to show if you get ffb clipping.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  16. Highmynamesryaan

I use around 35-55% of car multiplier, to the point that steering feels comfortable but it’s the curbs and instant snapback that are so harsh

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Highmynamesryaan
    You could reduce the force of the Simucube and increase the "Steering torque sensitivity" of your controller file.
    [​IMG]

18. Highmynamesryaan

I guess that way I could go with the FFB as low as needed for the curbs to feel as they should and with steering torque sensitivity adjust until my steering feels good right? Correct me if im wrong

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You might be better going the other way: a car multiplier up around 70-80 (avoiding clipping in most situations) and turn down the wheel strength itself. Kerb strikes etc can only get to 100%.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, increasing the Steering torque sensitivity you will increase the lower forces more than the higher.

The blue curve corresponds to the default value (1). Supossing that a little bump on the road creates a force of the 10%, it will send to the wheel a force of the 10% of the Nm configured in the wheel (supossing a 100% of FFB multiplier)

The red curve corresponds to a Steering torque sensitivity of 2 (the maximum value). The same bump will send to the wheel a force of 40%.
    But there will not be difference between the big forces because the bigger than 60% are near to 100%.

I'd try reducing the force of the Simucube driver to your like. And then increase little by little the Steering torque sensitivity to get a value that you notice the little forces but feeling the difference between the big forces.

I expect that this is clear, because is difficult for me to explain this in english (sorry)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022