GT3 Merc AI *bug still not fixed*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pales, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Pales

Pales Registered

Can someone explain to me why the GT3 Merc AI still turn the wheel like 360 degrees for any tiny corner on a track? THIS HAS BEEN BROKEN since it was released. Why has this not been addressed? All of the other ai within the pack are fine.

Just load up the GT3 Merc on any track and watch it within the cockpit cam. It is literally turning almost 360 degrees for all types of corners and spinning...

Developers, why haven't you bothered to do anything????

Ariff, avenger82, Toro and 3 others like this.
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My tip: copy text and publish it in Discord on the Support Channel. To expect an answer here is very, very low .. unfortunately not the only mistake in the GT3 Pack. You will probably get the same answer as me: Is recorded and in progress .

Ariff, avenger82, Niek and 1 other person like this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Pales
    Especially here in General Discussion.
    At least post in Bug Report

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Did some GT3 races at Trembling Mountain today. Wondered why only the AMG GT3´s are not able to do a clean lap without spinning. Official content should work without problems...

Ariff, Toro, ECAR_Tracks and 3 others like this.
  5. williang83

williang83 Registered

I learned the hardest way that when it comes to rf2 official contents != quality contents

Before any one start to spit ****, it is not because of some bug, which might happen, it's because months after their release they still have issues here and there. As i said official contents != quality contents

Ariff, avenger82, Toro and 6 others like this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Do as @memoNo1 said to do.
    I just did a search in the Technical & Support forum for "Mercedes" and I didn't see any thread title like "GT3 Merc AI steering"

memoNo1 likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

He has brought it up before. However we've had plenty of complaints about the ffb on the Merc, A large percentage say it's broken, but a smaller number of users think it's the best ffb in the game. This could be associated with that. Vague steering that is requiring the AI to make drastic wheel movements, which in turn, leads to more AI involved incidents.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    avenger82 likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

And the whole thing goes like this for 1 year now ..

Marisa likes this.
  9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Posted this problem at discord -> support. Please write there too

10. Stevy

Stevy Registered

You can post where and how much you want and that's good.
    But If I look at other bugs which were mentioned and even acknowledged by the devs...and still no fixes.
    Good luck with this one.

Ariff and memoNo1 like this.
  11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

ai amg is there an urgent bug to fix...I don't think...especially for a poor visual bug

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Discord is a huge mess where is almost impossible to find anything and the logical sequence of the subject.

The developers choice to stay there and not here, an organized place for support, says a lot about the developer's way to deal with things.

Ariff, Travis, Toro and 6 others like this.
  13. TJones

TJones Registered

I also wish content team would participate more in discussions here. I remember times where "track team" at least, was quite active. While this isn't really a problem, because tracks are usually very high quality.
    For car content, however, it would be very helpful to get at least some feedback from physics and 3D-modeller. Looks to me workload is simply too high.

memoNo1 likes this.
  14. Pales

Pales Registered

Bumping because no official response and the developers are lazy.

15. Pales

Pales Registered

bumping again

16. Ariff

Ariff Registered

now lets just hope they read this and not lock this post down like the other AI related posts.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There are two obvious reasons why this bug might not have been fixed yet. First of all I don't think that it's high on the priority list because watching the AI race via cockpit cam is propably something that only a few people do and it's not really a gamebreaking issue. And the second reason might be that this topic is here in the General discussion section, where it doesn't fit. If you have a bug to report then use the forum for "Bug Reports" and your chances might increase. Atleast that's my experience ;)

18. Pales

Pales Registered

You're mistaken. It is a widely known issue which impacts AI racing and has been reported multiple times, both directly to developers (who have acknolwedged this issue) and via the forum.

But as with most issues, it is on a "to do list" which tends to last about 5 years.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I just know that things get lost quite often if you don't post them in the proper section or create a proper bug report ticket. I see lot's of people starting threats with issues in sections where they don't belong and wondering why the devs don't care or answer or why their "widely known issues" aren't fixed yet. The General discussion section is not a bug report section and stuff that you chat about with a dev will easily get lost. Anyway, that's just my own experience with ten years of experience as beta tester and dev for a "simple" mod. Do what you want with that info ;)

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Whilst I appreciate your input and practices, Studio 397 do not work this way - which is what frustates me. I have reported several bugs over the years and every single one of them can still be replicated now. All you ever get from them is "it's on our to do list"

Also the general consensus now is that if you want to report something or get there attention, it is better to speak to them directly on discord. They very rarely check the forums and respond. Again, I have done this and still get "it is on our to do list" years on..

avenger82 likes this.