After crash Steam wants to Install rF2 [Solved]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jimagn, Dec 29, 2019.

1. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I had played rF2 earlier in the day. I returned and double-clicked the shortcut as usual. Steam began and started to load rF2 as usual. Then black screen and computer restarted.

Now when I look at my Steam Library and click on rF2, the "PLAY" button is replaced with a green button that says "Install." My entire installation of rF2 seems to still be where it always was. If I try to start rF2 from exe. in Bin64 folder, it starts Steam and shows me a dialog box for installing rF2. The Steam app still shows all my purchased content, including my lifetime DLC.

I've got my entire rFactor2 folder backed up as a .7z file and also copied my Controller, Log, and Player folders to an external drive.

Anyway to tell Steam app that rF2 is still there? I'm reluctant to "Install" it again over the install I already have. What additional information can I provide that will facilitate a solution? TIA

Jim

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Verify game files.
    From the Library, right-click on the rF2 and select Properties
    Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

3. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thanks, ADSTA. When I follow these steps, the button to "Verify Integrity ..." is greyed out and can't be clicked.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Yes I have Exited Steam and Shut Down the computer.
    Thanks for the Steam link. I'll try those steps and reply here as to their success.

6. jimagn

jimagn Registered

The procedure in the link worked as stated. I clicked Install, and Steam checked for existing content. Once finished and validated (which took several minutes), it proceeded to download and install 13 Workshop files. All other content is available. I have not yet played the game to check settings, but I’m optimistic. Thanks for the help.

ADSTA likes this.
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If it is fixed could you add the [SOLVED] tag to your Thread title , thanks.

jimagn likes this.