Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If it's in single player I would say the bug DNA has mutated.

2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I practiced at LeMans at 19:30. It was near sunset. I went to the Nords at the exact same time (yes, I can afford that fast a plane), and it was pitch black. I guess it was due to the different geographical location.

Can we have a hint of the amount of light to be expected in session settings? Presets, perhaps? (Sunrise, daylight, sunset, night....)
    Real date and time settings to have the same lighting as races IRL?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

is the antivirus firewall, as flipo said:);)

4. Florian Breit

Florian Breit Registered

Yeah, I know what Filipo said, never the less thank you for your answer. I disabled both but it isn't working. Is it possible that my internet connection is too slow?

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Steve Wonder ... this made me chuckle :p

On a serious note, as with the DX11 public beta that everyone was free to join, I guess it's important to keep in mind that this is a beta where we - the community are free to do the testing on a voluntary base. It might look a bit rough right now and might be a bit frustrating in some ways, but as with the DX11 beta I see the ground work being done so that it will work fine in the future. Nobody will blame you if you go back to the old UI. ;)

kro388th and pkelly like this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I don't think it's because of the speed, if the old interface works, the topic I think is the antivirus or firewall exceptions, you can try to uninstall the antivirus:rolleyes::(
    avast blocks:(:mad:

install the vcredist, they are in support, runtimes, run them all

7. Florian Breit

Florian Breit Registered

I'm using the normal Windows Defender, I don't need much more. I think I will patch back to the old UI and wait for other updates, thanks for your effort.

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

firewall defender, or malwarebytes, if not already return to the previous interface, in principle it is better optimized and manageable

9. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Sorry for the dumb question but, how can I enter in Dev Mode in this new UI?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't. It will be available in future.

11. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Thanks mate!

12. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

Suggestions (don't know if they've been mentioned):
    Can we finally have a UI that will memorize server passwords or at the very least do so for favorited servers?
    Can pedal input and lap times be brought back in the replays/spectating?
    Can we please have the lap counter back...and at the same time, if possible, add a lap selector.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  13. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

Change the name of the executable to start a personal server?
    A possibility to exchange game screen with desktop to manage the server?

14. Novotny

Novotny Registered

Found a work around for this issue I and others have been experiencing. Hopefully this helps someone else.

When I launch, the following error pops up in a steam window:
    Allow Game Launch?
    rfactor 2 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters below:
    " +path=".." +workshopsync "
    If you did not request this launch or do not understand these options, select Cancel.
    If I select OK, it then errors again but with parameters listed twice, if OK again the erros list three times, and so on.
    Found this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/365960/discussions/0/1734343065619448507/?ctp=3#c2798319091582269912
    In particular, this paragraph:

After running rFConfig.exe, we can try bypassing the Launcher by creating a shortcut in the same way as rFConfig.exe. Go to the rFactor2.exe in the Bin64 folder, create the shortcut and place it on the desktop, and remove the \Bin64 from the START IN section in properties as before. This time before saving the properties, I would like you to go to the TARGET section above and at the very end of the path after ", type +trace=3 and then press the APPLY button and exit.
    By creating this new shortcut, removing the bin64 element etc, the new UI *finally* launched for me without error. Phew.

Emery likes this.
  15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

What makes me allways wonder is why a UI needs so much cpu power. Its just waiting for some mouseclicks. But your cpu is high. I understand it is required for the replay studio or show room, for rendering, but for waiting that some mouseclicks happen you do not need so much cpu load. Actually it should be at zero. And at same time the network constantly show 300kb from rf2 to rf2 internal, for what? Nothing is happening in the menus when user is not acitve, absolutly nothing.

ECAR_Tracks, AlanK and Emery like this.
  16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

seems to be a bug: We had a race and I wanted to check something in others cockpit, but i had to adjust seat to see it in the display. Because you cant change view (seat movement) in replay office (you should enable this!) I tried to load car in single player into a small circuit (Guapore, fast loading) and adjusted seat. Then I loaded replay. The result is quite interesting...

Attached Files:

Emery likes this.
  17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

This replay bug has been around for a few builds now. The workaround is to go set the track in single player mode to the one in the replay. Then start the replay. The problem is the replay files now always launch the last race used in single or multiplayer regardless of the replay file chosen.

18. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

The game does not only take time and geographical location in consideration but also what date the race is held, so racing in the summer will have longer days and shorter nights.
    This is set somewhere in the track files iirc, maybe you can overwrite it in the player file.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The default race date of a track or it's layouts is in the track/layout gdb file.
    You could change that but that would mean having to repackage the track.
    I haven't found any setting to change race date in either player or multiplayer json or server setup. I could have overlooked something also, you never know.

I think a more important piece of track info to display is not so much sunrise and set times but headlights required on (pm) and not required on (am)

20. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

another thing i noticed is missing in the new UI is the ability to save the real road. on the other hand it seems that "the fragmented real road in replays" bug was fixed :)