Why everyone is faster than me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RomanSilin, Dec 25, 2019.

1. RomanSilin

RomanSilin Registered

Hello colleagues. Could some one say please, why all AI bots are much faster then me? I have tried several cars from GT3 and F1 series and i have noticed, that no matter whether it is a low speed corner or a straight, fast sector, i am the slowert guy on track. I thought maybe it is because i have 50 liters of fuel as default, and reduced this to just 10 liters, but this does not have any difference. What i am doing wrong?

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Now I'm not the guy to answer this but it would probably be a good idea to post up a video of you doing some laps.

3. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Reduce AI strenght until they are equal and try follow them to find driving line's and speed?

4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

may be you drive to slow ? :D

You should tell us how much experience with sims you have, your equipment could be also helpful, AI strength as mentioned above ...
    If you are a beginner, its normal to be the last one, much to learn you have, young pavian ;):D

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

1. What have you set the AI Strength to?
    2. Are you Penny's brother?

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  6. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

You don't have the talent nor the skills. Find something else to do. :p

Seriously, reduce AI strength to match their laptimes to yours.

avenger82 likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Release brakes.

8. Filip

Filip Registered

It is worth checking pedal inputs on controller settings screen. Could be it is not calibrated or malfunction in a way that brakes are always on.

Emery, avenger82, bwana and 1 other person like this.
  9. williang83

williang83 Registered

Of course a video would help but without watching any video i'd bet that the root of your problem relies in overdriving the car, that's something that can happen even in real life and gets way bigger proportion in sims due to lack of real forces.

In order to avoid the non ending loop, like others have suggested, first of all reduce the AI so that you don't try to go even faster which lead, ironically, to going even slower. Then, as contradictory as this might seem, you have to go slow to go fast by being as smooth as possible, avoid overdrive at all cost (it will never make you go fast).

- Braking: Brake properly, initially mostly on straight as you're still building your experience then apply some trailbrake. Don't slam them and neither immediately release them. Be quick but still smoothly apply all the brake required (which does not mean 100%) and then smoothly release the brake.
    - Entry: As you release the brakes you might start to apply the steering wheel, again you must do it smoothly. Ride the racing line rather than keep chasing it. Inexperienced drivers usually chase the racing line by rapidly move their steering wheel rather than smoothly and slowly gradually anticipate the racing line.
    - Entry: Avoid induced understeer (excessive or too fast steering wheel, excessive entry speed, too hard and/or too late braking), things that even real pilots needs to learn and practice.
    - Entry: Avoid downshift oversteer by downshift when you are still too fast for the lower gear
    - Middle: Use the throttle as required which might be no throttle at all or neutral throttle
    - Exit: Avoid induced snap oversteer (accelerating too aggressively without immediate oversteer due to induced understeer that snap immediately to oversteer as soon as you start to easy off the understeer). Apply throttle smoothly so you can have a better feel of the car behavior

These are a very simplified tips, but the main goal is to avoid aggressive driving in order to be more consistent and with time you will be extremely faster. When i first started out i could not keep with something like 80 AI, today i can easily fight against > 100-110 AI and this has been achieved after i learned to be smoother and avoid induced understeer and oversteer.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Atsuki, Goob and memoNo1 like this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

In a track like Silverstone I've been able to find form 6 to 8 seconds. At the beginning I was unable to see how to improve.
    The best advice that was ever given to me is: fill the tank, put on the hardest tires and lap until you dry the tank, the only thing you need to care is to not overheat the tires. After this training you are ready to lap for fast laps.

McKiernan likes this.
  11. bwana

bwana Registered

If it’s on a straight and your being left behind ld guess it’s brake dragging or throttle not reaching 100% due to incorrect calibration of pedals ..

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Turning up the difficulty to 100% is just penis measuring and doesn't mean anything. Don't be afraid to turn it down until the AI is at your level. Personally I find the level then bump it up by two per cent or so, so that every pass I make needs to be worked for. So long as you are faster than the dude ahead and behind, you're good.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Need some information on laptimes on some standard content to actually judge (and assuming it's not a technical or settings issue), but something to bear in mind in comparison to some other games is that the AI drive at their speed, regardless of what you're doing. Many games will start the AI very slow and then adjust to your driving, so if you're used to that this might seem very different.

14. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Upload your laptimes to the rankings site in the link in my signature below to compare your times with others. :)

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Braking very important
    Late as possible & back on accelerate as early as possible

16. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

And very important ... because there were two who had the same problem in the last days: assign a key for pit limiter :D
    is this guy still alive ? :rolleyes: or busy with his gifts ?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    bwana likes this.
  17. RomanSilin

RomanSilin Registered

Hello colleagues. Sorry for being so late with response. I guess i misled you all with my initial question wording. i mean AI cars (althouth we all drive the same one) is more powerfull. Kind of.
    I did not manage to record video, but i did manage the capture coupla screenshots from Bathurst as a good example, since it has long straight section. So i did screen of my and some AI maximum speed at the end of Conrod Straight.
    the difference is about 20 Kilometers. The speed on screens is about maximum. Maybe 2-3 Kph inaccuracy.
    So,
    me https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1951880361
    AI https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1951880133
    So i cannot understand. why it is so?
    Regarding AI dificulty, i did not notice any difference with different settings.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  18. RomanSilin

RomanSilin Registered

Will double check it. thanks.

bwana likes this.
  19. RomanSilin

RomanSilin Registered

Yup. this was the issue. thanks a lot!

Emery, bwana, Lazza and 2 others like this.