Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Wait what? What did I miss all those years?

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

3. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

I forgot one important thing.
    We need relative time, like in iracing. I know that there are some plug-in, but it's better to have it built in the simulator.

Ciccina2016 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  4. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Thanks!!! Christopher for confirming that the resume option will remain operational.

zaphman likes this.
  5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Indeed and also we need a trackmap with different class colours..

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  6. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

But there is no shortcut to start a personal server with the new interface?
    Because I open the server or open the game
    It is called with the same name!
    Update at least the name of the program with a different name
    If I open the dedicated server on the same pc the game does not open because it is called with the same name and it is like having it already open
    Maybe a temporary thing

7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It was mentioned some time ago that (at least some aspects of) the UI could be programmed by third parties, is that still the plan?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Emery likes this.
  8. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Race administration as spectator is difficult:
    - Typing in chat server command like "/admin password" give no confirmation at all.
    - No cursor in chat
    - On replay we need something to "stick" info about driver position and time, now after a few second we have only fullscreen.
    - Also in replay no info on pedals, gear and RPM.
    - All drivers in driver list are grayed, only selected driver is readable, increase deselected driver name readability
    - No spectator list in driver list?

Adam Helyes likes this.
  9. HungryForSky

HungryForSky Registered

Much has already been said and many have begun to go into the details. But I want to pay attention to the foundation. What do we expect from the interface? So that it is understandable, fast and beautiful. Unfortunately, the new interface suffers in paragraphs 1 and 2. In the new ui, there are so many meaningless screens, and some functions are too hidden that navigation has become extremely slow and difficult. A simple example, to change the race track, the car and start the race, I need to make at least 11 clicks when sorting by list and 15 !!!!!
    clicks when sorting by tiles (which I like). It's too much. In the AC, 6 clicks is enough, although I do not want to say that there is a perfect ui. There are also several design styles with a change in the direction of scrolling. Diagonal bright main menu, vertical dark list of servers and settings with circular fast navigation and horizontal scroll. Well, the most elementary thing that everyone is used to using the phone. The back arrow always leads to the previous screen, and not to the main menu.
    And now translate this disgusting wall of text into a bro list.
    -Kill meaningless screens. Screens with buttons "select", "continue", "info"
    - Increase responsiveness. The minimum number of clicks (time) should lead to the maximum result. Why press the "select" button if the user has already clicked on a tile with a car / track?
    - It is desirable that the interface has one style, and not change it on each screen
    - The controls should work the same and be in the same places on various screens
    - The exit button should be in all the commonly used menu screens
    Most likely, I forgot something, but the functionality and buttons can always be added.

Akela_DE likes this.
  10. VTCC Hamster

VTCC Hamster Registered

When launching the game with public beta selected I receive the following message:
    rfactor 2 attempting to launch with the optimal parameters shown below " +path="_" +workshopsync ".
    If I click OK it add's another " +path="_" +workshopsync " on the end of the message, and continues to do so everytime I click OK. Clicking cancel closes the window and nothing happens.
    I have restarted steam fully, restarted PC, verified files. Not sure what else to try

11. Binny

Binny Guest

Try opting out then back in again.

12. VTCC Hamster

VTCC Hamster Registered

I have tried that too :(

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OK so while running in the new UI, I get issues with lag and some very short stutters in the graphics (Had this before in old UI but have deleted all un-needed plugins so not so much now). I then get a major hang and the graphics freeze but the FFB, sound and my motion platform continue to react to the environment. I then have to use task manager to force rf2 to shut down (unrecoverable).
    In windows event log I get this:
    application error.jpg
    Which seems to point to the motion platform plugin. This is a Next Level Motion Platform V3 and not a cheap investment so I would hope that the software is up to par and that S397 would be sharing vital info so the Next Level guys would be up to date.
    After the graphics freeze I also get this error in a log: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    Again I would hope that S397 would be working with Nvidia to keep them up to date with requirements for their drivers.
    I really like the new UI and can see it's potential but will most likely have to opt out until the physics stops crashing the system.
    @Christopher Elliott I will post my real time log in the appropriate thread for reference.

14. rd.king

rd.king Registered

Now that the new UI is working for me.
    I have to say I'm not hating it.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The UI worked for me, but only for a couple of days. Since, I've deleted my player .json without fixing the problem. Probably should have tried the entire folder. But still crashes back to steam after the white screen appears.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I hate to say this, but you may be on the wrong end of the economy of scale. 1 guy with 1 very expensive rig may not gather the attention 10 guys with rather inexpensive set-ups. (but man! am I jealous!)

JimmyT likes this.
  17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

How do I get all the contents of my rFactor2 in the new UI?
    Thank you.

18. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

My brother is a UX graphic designer. He noticed that I couldn't see some buttons and information on the monitor because my steering wheel, had been mounted in front of it, partially obscured the bottom part of the middle monitor.
    Good point! Would you consider that? Probably I'm not the only one ;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Emery, Ozzy, Prodigy and 2 others like this.
  19. elbo

elbo Registered

your single player menu is fucked...aside from all the waiting for needless loading of favourite server, the long wait for loading all tracks and cars does not work and you are stuck with the last car you played online...I cant for the life of me believe that your guys spent one minute looking at the single player menu and decided "yeah this is great dont change a thing"...jesus that is one frustrating experience

F1Aussie likes this.
  20. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

You are not the only one! I was about to write the same, for example it tooks likes 5 minutes to me to figure out where the final "exit" button is, which is right behind the base of my wheel, i had to move the monitor in order to see it.
    IMHO the center-bottom of the screen should be buttons free, it's very common to have wheel bases that cover that portion of the screen.

Tallon, ADSTA, coltair and 3 others like this.