Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you screenshot exactly where you clicked to launch rF2?

2. Christopher Elliott

Do you have steam overlay off for rFactor2? There are two places to enable overlay, this has caught me out before, in Steam settings and then per game. If you do have it enabled in both please send us a screenshot of the error, thanks :)

3. Christopher Elliott

Big thanks for your comments, reports and feedback so far. We have made a note of all of them. Keep em coming ;)

pascom, Travis, Alex72 and 9 others like this.
  4. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Can you please add ability to go to race from within session settings tab.

Edit:
    Also on the camera/watch tab, when looking replay, there is no more info on the lap time, can you please add that too.

5. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

I have had many of the issues that have been well documented here and so I won't be redundant. Yes, I have my preferences in design and features as well but these are my opinions and will save them for 397 if they choose to ask me personally for them.
    I will say hoorah to the designers for cleaning up the garage design. It is much clearer to see and find the settings i am looking for.
    The bug that makes this unusable for myself and others in my group is the loading, moving,saving, etc. of setups in the garage. After loading a setup or assigning one as default then leaving that page, whether to make further setup changes or to drive, the setup reverts back to a previously setup or sets the assigned setup back to default. Basically you setup a 389 gear, save it, go to the track and you,re running a 275. (Just an example) We found no work around. Generally the entire setup section is very convoluted. I will continue to look at it until I understand it better, and make it work, or my head explodes.

ADSTA likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if I open my server, when I try to run rfactor it says that it is already running:(

7. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Why can't I see the News and Community options in my UI?
    I only see three options.
    thanks

Edit: Solved
    The problem was in the Avast Firewall Antivirus that I have disabled

My UI
    [​IMG]

New UI
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  8. Provost

Provost Registered

Personally I would like to see the 'Race' Button be replaced with Single Player, Multiplayer and Competitions. I find it a bit clunky having to go into race, wait for favourite servers, then click more, then find the server I want. Bit long winded.

I think favourite servers would also be good on the 'start' page.

The ability to vote from the 'camera' or 'event info' screen would be good rather than having to go to Event Info then voting then yes/no.

Notification of new chats would be good in the top right but I think having chat on display at all times is also needed like with the old UI. I feel I miss some of the chats when watching the standings etc.

Add a flashing line to the search boxes when they are selected. I find myself clicking several times as it is something you expect to be there to know you are actually typing in that box.

Great work on this UI, I really like it! Thank You :)

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Played with the new UI all weekend and here are my observations:

1. On first run from fresh install, my controllers are all detected and a profile loaded but I cannot map any controls. Even though the game does detect all my controllers, clicking "detect" results in an error message that says "no profile found."

2. I have some tracks and cars that are not on the Steam Workshop but I can't figure out how to install them. I used to just point the launcher to my D drive and install from there, but I don't seem to find that option. Also, I can't delete any cars or tracks from inside the game.

3. No matter what car is selected, the game says it's a 2017 model with 485hp. Also, all the tracks are the same length in the description: 20-something kilometers.

4. On the old launcher, you could click your Steam username on the top right and add your real name so that it would show up in the game. I cannot find that option. I had to go to appdata/roaming and open the name file and manually change it.

5. Auto-subscribe crashes the new UI. If you've unsubscribed to some workshop items in the past, Vette GT2, Honda Civic, Formula 2, etc.. anything that is on the auto-subscribe list, and you do a reinstall, those items do not download with the rest of the workshop items. They only start downloading once you try to run the game. This causes a crash.

That's about it. The new UI is a great start and I'm still using despite the bugs.

Emery likes this.
  10. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I have a question about the garage, to all user's here. I mean, in garage you can look at 3d renders and it's cool. But for newcomers as i was 2 y ago, it's not intuitive to enter garage to change aero packages / halo transparency. Why not to move garage functionality into session setup menu?

gabrielof likes this.
  11. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Is there and way to select KI with specific aero packs? Would like to run a race in a GT3 and Cup Porsches in the grid should use the VLN kit.

12. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I haven't found option for ai to use different aero. Only force setup.
    It can be nice new option.

13. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

My ideas for improving rfactor2:
    - A new HUD with much more information is required.
    -A radar like "helicorsa" is needed
    - UI should be more modern but should maintain the practicality of the previous one.
    -all settings must be in UI and NOT in player.jonson notebook

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This ^

For someone who plays on a single screen, I can't tell you how valuable it is if you care about clean racing. Every sim should have this.

qusimano likes this.
  15. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Track Map :p

Attached Files:

Juergen-BY and FS7 like this.
  16. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Hello, @Christopher Elliott , is there a separate place to report specific odd behavior?

I used Beta first two days no problem, looking great, went back two days later and it is now dying after start, just gets to the point it shows small rf2 logo in the center with a white background, then it goes out and Steam shows idle...

In between I did update my NVIDIA driver to latest version, I think it is 12/10/2019, all other sims work fine and old UI is fine too, hope this helps and let me know if I am placing this in the wrong place. Cheers...

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright, thanks Chris. This did the trick. But it might be usefull to integrate that info into the UI, so that people don't run into similar issues in the future. Maybe even with a little flashvideo in the UI for both options so that people get an idea where to look for. I played a bit more with the UI and there are a couple of other things that I would like to see improved:
    • things should only be scrollable when it makes sense: so windows like the one with Multiplayer and Singleplayer next to each other don't make sense at all if they are scrollable; get rid of the diagonal shapes and put stuff like that in one comprehensive window if you really want to do this
    • rather use such horizontal scrollable tabs for stuff like session settings where it's really needed and how you have done it for the car settings and the general setting page (that's the proper way to do it)
    • if you use tabs give the tabs all the same dimensions and not totaly random sizes like here[​IMG]
    • from my POV there should be a tab for MP and SP and not as it is right now; the current way you add more clicks than really needed while people have to click the race button
    • when I click the arrow in the packages page in the top left corner, I don't get back to the content page but into the "home" menu

Christopher Elliott and Hazi like this.
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Does someone find the "Force Setup" function in the new UI/Showroom? o_O

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Are we always going to have to do a restart after Steam installed new content? Really annoying.

20. Christopher Elliott

That is the way it has to be handled atm.
    I mentioned before, we already have a fix for that in the next release. :)

F1Aussie, Alex72 and 2ndLastJedi like this.