Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Could you please explain this? I really want all my cars to have icons but unsure how to achieve this!

2. Stix_09

Stix_09 Registered

I do realise rf2 is a different "beast", and the problems still remain. The Idea is not to copy any other sims UI , its to use ideas to come up with something that works in rF2.

I think the main problem is (from my experience) the UI uses car class & categories classification set in the MODS to arrange and filter things. . While AC is also I highly modable sim and at least with CM I can setup races how I want them and define my own classes as I see fit. At least with CM I can add my own descriptions to cars and tracks(or alter them) , change skins easily etc all without impacting online racing.(set my own car grid of any cars in any order for a race)

The power of a good UI is to allow the user to setup races how they want , not be limited by fixed constraints set by someone else.

If they can come up with their own solution for this problem, that would be awsum (so we don't have to use external tools to UI and or run a server to setup offline races how we want.

Part of the problem also I think may be in the packing of mods, AC only encrypts the car physics (if u want to race it online) , (the parts that impact car handling). Modding may need to be standardised (If that's even possible)

I'm not an rf2 Mod expert, but I do see problems with the results now that I experience in use.
    If they can solve these problems, My focus would likely shift almost completely to this sim.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

By "my cars" do you mean as a modder or as your liveries? Because for the latter, is not possible to use a custom icon for a custom skin so far.
    If you are a modder, you should already know how to work with photoshop or any other graphics tool :)

2ndLastJedi and ayrtonforever like this.
  4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Sorry, easy to forget that not everyone has been following this saga obsessively! I think it is some of the older roadmaps and there is a long presentation by Marcelle, this one I think (35 minutes in, not the one I was thinking of). Summary: the old UI code had to be replaced and the first step was to recreate the features it had with the new UI and release that as a beta. Once the bugs in that basic functioning have been fixed they have a solid platform for changing the look and feel of the UI.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Stix_09 likes this.
  5. elbo

elbo Registered

probably answered but 18 pages and going...
    where can i swithch between VR and normal screen in the new ui
    have we lost the ability to switch cars once in the server now...if not where can we do this
    is it possible to see which cars are being used in a server

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Cars cannot be switched once in a server at the moment.

I don't think it was ever possible to see which cars are on a server. I could be wrong though.

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

If you run the game from the steam menu <PLAY> it gives you the option to start the configurator or the sim. Use the config tool there and you can select then run the game from steam menu again.

elbo likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sorry, my bad, I just mean the cars in game that don't have preview images! I said my cars because while they are on my PC I just consider them to be mine, lol in my garage :) I can't mod or skin :(

9. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

New ui is next to useless,just a blank white screen.

Years of teasing for this????

PISSED OFF.

McFlex likes this.
  10. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Just asking, don't take me wrong or whining. How difficult would be to bring us a section in the UI for a Championship mode inside the active Rfmod? The cars and tracks are already limited by the *. rfm itself so that couldn't be a problem.

It's a long time asked feature and the only way to do that is use the amazing Log Analyser plug-in, but it's an external tool. The new UI would be an excellent opportunity to introduce this absolutely very basic feature but once again it seems s397 Is not giving a peanut for it.

May be it's a sort of strategy but I really can't get it.

qusimano and billyblaze like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Again, don't judge the final product by this release. They're aiming to add to this.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Do you reckon they will add the ability to not have to look at the rF2 logo after quiting the game ? really annoying , ACC does this also but you can spam the mouse button to hurry it up at least .

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Na, they'll only add stuff, not take away :p

I'm sure they'd look at it if people don't like it. Sounds like UI people got hung up on UI stuff and forgot about ease of use and responsiveness, but that selfish focus happens nearly everywhere. The key is whether changes are done and prompt enough, which only time will tell.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  14. Gary

Gary Registered

how do I resume a session from the new ui. can i still have a race weekend saved and return or resume at a later date just like it did in the old ui.

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

'Resume' is not in yet in the new UI.

16. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

But, but, but... we were told that the new UI has the same features as the old one ?

17. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

Now the new UI has killed off my old UI lol.
    Game hanging in old menu.

I'm done.

Had 200 hours of faultless racing until the new UI came.

Uninstalling game until they fix it.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe they are planning on integrating the feature in a different way with the new UI, atleast that's what would make sense. Only a fraction of people actually knew about this feature and it was certainly not an easy to find feature for people who are new to the sim. "Resume from replay" alone is a catastrophic designation for a feature, that could just be called "loading a saved race" :p

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

To have the icons in the new interface, you have to make a new rfmod or an update, but if the car is official, when you are going to participate in an event, if the upgrade is not on the server you will not see your custom skins.

20. FS7

FS7 Registered

Is a track map in the hud included in this UI update or is the track map coming in a later update?