New UI: Menu distance in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esa Ahonen, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Can I adjust the menu distance in VR somewhere? The new UI is so close in VR that I have to move my head a lot just to see different parts of the screen. Could use an adjustment in old UI too but it's still usable.

Also there's horrible flicker when new UI is doing something and not yet responding. I have to close my eyes until it reacts again.

Oculus Rift user here.

2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

You could just move your head closer to your light houses and press the reset position button, make sure you assign reset VR in game settings.

3. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Are you serious? That hardly is a solution anyone would use more than one time.

4. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Well you could always use a different resolution in game , that’s works also .

DrivingFast likes this.
  5. prescient

prescient Registered

I have the same flicker on the Samsung Odyssey+

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

The flicker was there before the new UI came. Started for me about 3 SteamVR updates ago. Was hoping that they would of fixed that by now!

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

During loading this flicker has always been there. It's just a small annoyance. The resolution deciding the size of the UI and HUD is a problem though for me. I can't record 4k VR footage, or show it even when someone is over in 4K. Otherwise I have to look to the sun to see my lap time, and noticing the chat in the left bottom already is hard in 1080.

8. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

To me recording is also the reason why I can't drop the resolution. It would be ideal to have menu distance as a setting.

About the flicker: yes, it's been there for a while in old UI too but not always. And it's not as bad in the old UI. I went back to old for these things.