Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

seems the resume options is missing in replays, and the refresh button in the showroom doesn't works :(

2. rsync

rsync Registered

Hello,

In New UI
    Section: Content / Packages
    Options: Install, Uninstall, Delete do not work.
    Regards

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Omnipresent race and exit buttons would be wonderful.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Confirmed.
    I had to select different alt skin then back to my alt skin for changes to be seen.
    Refresh button did nothing.

5. philman

philman Registered

Is there a possibility to choose the package directory in the new UI?

svictor and Balazs Magyar like this.
  6. Pablo11

Pablo11 Registered

I try to load in Vr and it freezed my computer when 76%. Went back to old version and same track car load no problem.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Fresh install, cannot map controllers from new UI. Had to switch to non-beta, map controllers, then switch back.

Also, PP effects on medium in non-beta = high in beta. I can't tell the difference so I don't know if it's actually set to high.

Emery likes this.
  8. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I've had a couple of days to check the new UI out. There are a couple of things that I have noticed:
    1. I am a VR user. rF2 updated with the new cars and track updates. I purchased the Imola track and started testing using the VEC version of the Oreca. The game ran very smoothly and using fpsVR I could see that the 'load' on my graphics card and CPU was lower. I then applied the Beta UI and found that I had minor hiccups on the track, even though fpsVR was showing the same level of performance. However, as time went on [only about 15 mins] these hiccups/freezes increased to the point of making driving unpleasant. I am currently using the 'old' UI.
    2. Whilst in the setup menu for the Oreca in the new UI, I noticed a couple of extra settings which are not present in the old UI for the same vehicle and one setting that was missing.

9. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

It is clear that some things do not work, and it is a normal beta version, but I use it because I do not support the previous interface, I never like it, I like it more and for me it is essential that any program or game has a beautiful interface, mod downloads of non-operational servers, if it works to install and uninstall packages from the new integrated interface package manager.
    When entering the settings in the room before loading the car circuit, I see nothing, I can change but I see everything gray, but I think it happened to me before, and what bothered me and happened to me before with the previous interface is that it Blinks when the circuit is loaded in VR mode, in monitor mode neither this interface nor the previous one flashes, the truth is that I use it and do not change to the previous one, I do not support it, it is much smarter and with more things to be fixed Something that does not appears, but we will use it for now, I know, the steering wheel, the Arduino keyboard and the use with third-party programs and without problems, I know about the circuit map and I select the icon with its number and that the camera already changes, I like that I can manage all the settings, without having to leave, I like that I have access to a workshop, the news, the repetitions all very well integrated, I like that you can change the view in columns or in panels, I like everything , it's only good that everything works fine, and falt to save and resume progress, but it is a great step, because, for example, the use of the mouse did not come out until after months, in Earth Rally there is no mouse, here there is everything and it is beta and it works in vr, You have to be patient and wait but it looks great.
    I only had to restart 2 or 3 times because I installed and updated circuits with the new updates, I used some unofficial mods and downloaded mods from online communities with the previous interface and I used it perfectly in the new one, it has not hung up for me Never, change From the new to the old is easy and fast, just leave the public beta version and you will have it in a few seconds, finally I repeat this and in a competitive line and board.
    Sorry, use the google translator.

10. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

Excuse me, I just realized that if you have a real road save, it's in the person icon in the left corner, hehe something else that works, if everything works for me in the end, except for downloading the great server packages.:p:p

11. "Phil"

"Phil" Registered

I have tried the new UI but it is too clunky and buggy for me to use right now. The replay page is not as convenient as the old one. I preferred the vertical scroll listing.

ECAR_Tracks and GoldenBear like this.
  12. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

You can put it vertically horizontally or by panels, friend.

13. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

a team suggestion of 397 that in the search boxes, when selected to write, would put a bar or something, that blinks, because although you can type you do not know if it is selected or not.:cool:

Alex72 and Rui Santos like this.
  14. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

Anybody else having trouble with replays?....every time I try to load one it says it's loading and just hangs - have to end up restarting...opt out to old U.I. and they load fine

15. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

The new UI looks like a hacked version of Windows 8.

qusimano and Dady Cairo like this.
  16. Dantonaya

Dantonaya Registered

i canĀ“t unadd the favorities servers.
    Menu is not avaliable in showroom, so i have to close rf2 from win.

17. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

also in setup menu lacks the possibility of load setups from other tracks and other cars

18. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

With old repetitions I do not know but with one of the 24h lemans I did yesterday if you charge me well, it takes a while but the load.
    But I walk into a community server and load it too but the car flies out, you don't see the circuit but I guess it's the mod's fault.
    use Google tranlator

19. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

rfactor.png
    you mean this because to me if I get it, at least the new ones I think if,

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  20. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

working on the template of the new Audi R8 2019 i noticed it is asymmetrical at least in the front region :(

EDIT: i think the front region of the car is clockwise rotated of some degree, i had to rotate the teeth and the logo on the hood

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Patrick Schumacher and Emery like this.