New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Dec 20, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It's not the devs, it's not the companies....it's the most terrible creature spawned by civilization, LAWYERS.
    You would think free advertising is better than no advertising, but it ain't.(free advertising is lost revenue) Another group opposed? Advertising firms. How can they justify the huge costs of international advertising if users can be reached for free?

2. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

Pay and buy as much content as you can from your sim or it will die. This is a real world, NO MONEY - NO HONEY ;)

Dady Cairo and bwana like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'm sure fans will happily buy good stuff. Biggest fans will probably buy anything. I don't know if at the end it is actually good to buy anything because that can create a standard.

CrimsonEminence and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Dark mode please! Ui is blinding in dark room.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Haha , bit touchy , Often the case with new comers to rf2.. Using official logos is a privilege that costs huge amounts for a small studio.rather have that money saved and spent on car licenses than some logo track side that lm not looking at when driving ..

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  6. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Again, there are other solutions. Read the other posts. That`s no excuse.
    "Not having money to spend on the real advertisers" and then fill up the space with the studio 397 logo is not a solution.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

SUGGESTIONS by the community are added to the first post.

8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm planning a post in the main thread on this. The opponent selection I think is just a current bug rather than something that needs to be a suggestion. Reguardless it will need to be fixed.

For my suggestion, GTR 2 opponent selection had the slider that gave you the number of opponents. The number will go red when you went past the number of cars, where cars will need to be duplicated to obtain that number. I think GTR2 also had a thing with the track, where it limits the number to the number that the track can allow.

What I am thinking is that there should be a box that automatically counts the number of cars of the opponents selected. Personally, I have mod merged a quite a few mods to get cars into LeMans grids. I just have issues where I need to count every car or have a spread sheet on the side that tells me the number of cars per grid selection.

Another situation is the Indycar grids where certain races had grid changes, and if you want to replicate, you need to count each time

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Car selection menu again, would be nice to have the selected cars with a tick next to them in the first box (like the previous UI) or go bold, to save scrolling up and down in the right box to see what you have added.

10. James987

James987 Registered

I love the new UI, I think it is FANTASTIC. Looks Great and Works Perfect. The only thing I could not find in the new UI was how to start a multi-player server. Also looks like the Launcher has been replaced. For a Beta this UI is awesome. Looking forward to using it when it is finished. Great job rFactor 2 team - you're the best - keep us out front.

BTW. I just purchased 4 of your tracks to help support the effort. Love the tracks, the new UI and all the rFactor 2 billboards ads. Keep it coming and I'll keep buying.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    buddhatree likes this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Say what! I get loving the tracks but you really love those in your face rF2 billboards? I know the game I'm playing, why do I need to be reminded I'm in a game on every corner? I understand the cost associated with real life billboards but I'm sure with a little imagination S397 could come up with something a little more authentic.

mantasisg likes this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You not seen the big Fanatec and Sparco ads in ACC? I'm sure they are making Kunos a fair amount of coin!

F1Aussie likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have ACC, so no. But as a rule you can't use real logos without permission, and sometimes deals limit who can use them. I agree realistic looking ones are better than the game you're playing, rF1 had that and it seemed ok. But maybe people complained, I don't know :cool:

14. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Seriously, is it a real issue ? Don't you think devs should focus on really important stuff and not billboards pictures ?

It is clearly not a priority if you ask me (and even if you don't, it is still not a priority).

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I like the new user interface, I think you have to polish it, improve it, the set should have fewer tabs, and more clustered things, less click ,.
    If I want to change the hub I have no option, if I want to change the sowroom I also have no option, I think there should be an option to do so.
    I accept that I am wrong, that I have not found the way, if it were so, someone could tell me, thank you

16. dazzer

dazzer Registered

Hello, I do not know if I will be the only one with this problem but I will comment on it in all ways, yesterday I installed an external mod, then I wanted to see if I could uninstall it and I can not, the option to uninstall is useless, will it be a mistake of mine?
    20191221091804_1.jpg

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you must first uninstall the mod:);)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

if there is a rfmod (race event) using it you have to unninstall that first and then the mod
    alternatively u can just go to the car folder and delete the mod there

19. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I don't have any RFMOD, I just installed the RFCMP mod since I had to try some things before loading it on Steam, but the uninstall button is useless. :(:(:(

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

look where the type column says, MOD, uninstall the one that is linked to the bluebird
    no location, no vehicle, first uninstall mod