Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

Why waste a whole page on just fuel?
    Why not put electronics here too. Less pages the better, i think. Basically if you can condense it, do it.
    Also ditch the white background and replace with 50%gray. To bright in a dark room.
    Car selection is much better. Definitely better than the old UI, a Good start.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Leynad, Emery, Marisa and 6 others like this.
  2. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

The old UI is miles better. I never wanted a new one.

Leynad, Davvid, Danny Wilde and 5 others like this.
  3. Joel Fernandes

Joel Fernandes Registered

My main impression:
    - Horizontal scroll sucks. It is not even necessary. For example in the garage setup, why have to scroll horinzontal? we could only have the smallest icons.

ECAR_Tracks, Davvid, Marisa and 7 others like this.
  4. Binny

Binny Guest

I wonder when S397 asks for ideas for the new UI will they get constructive comments or just a BITCH FEST like i see in here. Most is criticism un-helpful and you expect fixes maybe ppl need to grow up a bit & think b4 they post. HAMMER TIME !

Levelup1, erosshd, Dookie and 6 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you un-install rF2, you only un-install the stuff S397 knows about. Mods and such are often left alone or at least kept track of in some log file so that when you re-install rF2, the old mod is still there.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

+1 please

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

These were all mods I subscribed in the past but by reinstalling r factor they don't result anymore as subscribed.
    It seems like my game has these mods cached somewhere.
    any help please? I think this is the reason why the new UI is crashing.
    If i go to packages in my steam folder is blank.. so confused..

forget it.. I found all the workshops I subscribed.. I am unsubscribing now.. will let you know

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

It worked..!

for those who are not able to start the UI, please unsubscribe all mods and start with just standard content..

9. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

No needs to unsubscribe to all mods really, just from the old and broken skinpacks not updated for the newer version of the cars.

10. jonelsorell

jonelsorell Registered

Thanks for the fix, but no way am I going to unsuscribe from 200+ mods then add them all again. If this is a bug, I'll very much wait for it to be fixed like I've waited this far to get the new UI.

And I'd also like to echo on the impression that these forums too seem to be populated more and more with folks that have the psychological age of primary school children. Or probably just the standard millennial.

11. makan

makan Registered

Am I blind or there isn't any ARB settings in Setup the menu?
    Edit:Is it Antisway?
    =============
    ok found it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  12. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Exactly. It would've been better to spend time on the longstanding bugs instead of wasting precious time on an unnecessary UI. Just a matter of priorities.

GoldenBear likes this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

There are people with constructive ideas here. Life is that way. Some people wont help and others give good ideas.

Binny and VirusGR42 like this.
  14. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

For the most part I think the new UI is quite good with a few exceptions.

As a modder it was already a very time consuming and tedious task to create menu icons for the cars especially if the mod your making has excess of 50+ cars and that was just having to create one icon per car!

Now every car needs 5 separate icons for various different screens and each icon a different size from the next with any old existing icons made completely and utterly redundant.

I don't know if studio 397 just hates modders that support their platform or what but creating 5x more work to achieve desired results is a good way to put people off making the effort.

To date I have made 3 different mods for rf2 and between those mods would have excess of 400 skins with every single one of them now being rendered useless in the new UI menu and to get them working again Id have to make over 2000 new icons!!

Whilst the track selection menu is somewhat better with the menu auto generating data from the AIW file the removal of track logos or ability to have a picture etc in my opinion removes a touch of professionalism having to simply choose a track based off of some squiggly lines that may end up looking an absolute mess depending on the pit layout etc.

Overall whilst the new UI has some brilliant features it too has some major flaws and ones that if not addressed could genuinely turn modders away from the platform all together.

For a first look there is potential yes but at what expense is the question if some of these things can been rectified then i think it could be very well received but if studio 397 just wants to disregard all modded content across the board whilst making it even harder and more time consuming for us to get it back to a desired standard then it could very well have a really negative impact.

DJCruicky, Alex72, Rastas and 4 others like this.
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I think they should work on a way to make cars appear in the menus in a somewhat automatic generated manner... i understand that is a hard work for modders, also for league creators, with each personal car skin showing in the menu. Hope this makes sense, as i'm an ignorant when it comes to modding...

16. rosko

rosko Registered

The new UI. Initial beta thoughts.

Its ok obviously buggy/unstable but it is beta.
    Aesthetically it's decent, I'm glad it's simple & doesn't have distracting images.

Ergonomically it's a bit of a failure so far. It doesn't really improve the experience in the areas i was hoping. Part of that is down to some bugs but much of it is just poorly designed. It's not easy to cater for everybody so that's just my opinion of course.

I'm looking at it as a 1 player not interested in multiplayer. So i'm not really sure why i'm looking at multiplayer server. Choosing tracks & cars is no easier despite arguably better presentation there is no ability to manage my content. Setting up Ai is not improved.

My biggest concern is ok 'WIP' but i buy content & don't use it as i hate the old UI & now that content is on sale so i'm just not going to buy any more because the UI is probably 12+months off if ever. AC with content manager, R3E so much easier to getinto a race i would rather just play those games.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  17. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Some official DLC has vanished from my game after the yesterday updates e.g. Mercedes AMG GT3 and others.

Component "LeMans_2018 2.00" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "Nurburgring_2018 1.40" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "Corvette_C7R_GTE_2017 2.04" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "McLaren_650S_GT3_2017 2.44" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "McLaren_720S_GT3_2018 1.42" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "McLaren_Senna_GTR_2019 1.02" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "Mercedes_AMG_GT3_2017 2.54" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Component "Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 1.98" failed to verify, removed from inventory

My mistake -> I selected the 1109 version (top of the list) when reverting from "opt-beta", sorry. 1117 selected and everything is O.K.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Emery likes this.
  18. mb24064

mb24064 Registered

I have to ask, was there actually a private beta ever done? I just find it hard to believe.

After some more time its definitely not as bad as my first impressions but first impressions matter so much with something like this. I really hope this evolves quickly now that the main framework is done.

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Thanks for the update
    - I cannot find the "resume " function in replay tab. Is this feature still there?Also we have less info now for identifing the replay file we are searching.
    - I also noticed the fact of the redundants buttons, i dont like that
    - Grey background and grey text make difficult to read server browser
    - Too many striking colors, I prefer shades of grey and a color for selected things..this is too much, red in particular is a pain in the eyes,even worse with high contrast white background(where you select "all tracks and vehicles"):cool:
    - I dont like to scroll horizontally
    - It's confusing when you have to go back from race setting to find the "race" button
    -I use the UI in "list" mode, i am not able to use the other "tile" modes, they are less comfortable and they dont add nothing
    -I dont understand why, with all that empty space, you have to click "more" to read another 5 or 6 words of the text describing the page you are looking at. And then it open in a new window:eek: Instead of this I would like to see explanation for all the setting of the setup, one thing that i like in the UI of AC (mouse over the setting text "camber" and a baloon appear with the description of what camber does)
    - Setup page are now like in other games, but i find this less comfortable than what we had in the past, and here the horizontal scrolling its unavoidable, this maybe should be better if the icons (suspension, fuel, chassis,ecc) were placed from top to bottom in the left side of the monitor, and not in the bottom from left to right, At least in "list mode", the only mode were you can try to avoid the horizontal scrolling
    -I like very much the new loading screen for tracks!;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  20. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Same here with Imola 2001 by Reiza and others mods :/