question about graphic improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karlis Vitols, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

hallo!
    i reading roadmap and cant understand nothing about shader improvements etc... cos iam not pc tech guy.
    thing what i noticed is when i opened game after improvements:
    my framerate went up from 60fps to 560fps
    but image went quite blurry and soft. no skidmarks etc. meanwhyle my shadows are on max. everything is on max except fx and antialising witch is on trilienar.. or something.

1. can someone explains what this improvement is and how it works and how it ment to be?
    fps increase is great but somehow game looks weird.. and unfamiliar.
    2. how people get those nice and fancy screenshots. mine replays looks very different and gameish..

2. Comante

Comante Registered

I don't know honestly ,BUT I tried to raise my eye candy levels and the game is still able to output my capped 90 fps as before. Performance was something I wanted to ask myself because it seems that some optimizations went into the pipeline.

3. Comante

Comante Registered

Check if the resolution and the Graphic card selected by your RF2 have been resetted. I suppose your installation lost that information and now the output is 800x600 resolution, that could explain the graphic degradation and the 500 FPS

4. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

i have everything on max.
    one day it shows 560fps other it shows -230 or -122 or one evening was 5000+ something... i cant understand

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

pay more attention to the average fps. Highs and lows could be due to many things beside your video. i.e. if you have power saving throttling on your cpu.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just enter S397 Lemans and you'll see :) I believe the updated shaders, materials and lighting ? possibly lands in this track the first.

Lol @ fps jump from 60 to 560, thats a solid improvement. Sounds like something got messed up in your base graphical settings.

7. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

On lemans, sth strange after update, my gpu usage not exceeds average 60 percent, but on race start, fps goes down to mid 50s, 40ai which 15 ai is visible, other than that, rock solid 72fps ( freesync advice to use), i think i am cpu limited but it is strange cause it happens only on race start, same problem for nurburgring too, but other tracks including sebring 12h, no problem on race start and rock solid 72fps, if i am cpu limited beause of cpu, does not it affect other tracks too, at least sebring ( which is performance hungary too )

My spec is i7 3770s, 16 gb ddr3 1600mhz cl9 and vega 56