So about that new UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Dec 7, 2017.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

torig likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast Your thread you've linked to contains a very reasonable response or two from Marcel, I'm not sure what else you want. Physics updates don't just happen - it's not like you just keep the same base and re-run it and you get better physics out of it. Also with licensed content where that license is no longer current it may not even be allowable to rework the physics (hey, I'm not a lawyer, could be wrong - but one of Marcel's reponses there sounded a bit that way), and that's if there is any more available info than they already applied to the car.

I hope the new UI coincides with some enhancements to racing structure - whatever that entails - but the actual physics, and the updating of specific content, doesn't belong in a UI thread.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@DrivingFast
    i think there is a barrier Between s397 and old content
    not sure if they have the right to update them to latest standards (GTE tires)
    i asked about it long time ago ..maybe a year ago

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am not sure that you have 100% understood what I mean by "updating the old official cars by integrating the "last technologies related to physics ", because I express myself may be bad in English.

I do not want S397 to spend thousands of hours modifying/improving the physics of these old cars :

I want them to integrate the new tire models, the flex chassis, and all the new advances that I do not know about as a user (which is normal).

I do not want them to change the thousands of physics data of each car.

On the licenses, I would like S397 to be transparent with us as for the Skipbarber. For example, the fabulous Megane and F3.5 will be updated, not just the beautiful new ultra beautiful new shaders.

The majority of the old content deserves the new tire models, the flex chassis, etc.

In short, I'm a little off topic, I'll stop there on update cars. ;)

softslider likes this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@DrivingFast
    not sure but i think the only thing missing from old content is the latest tire model

6. Emery

Emery Registered

I don't think some of the pre-Howston G4/G6 cars were ever updated for ultrachassis (chassis flex).

I'd have to really dig to be certain which cars those are, but off the top of my mind I think that might be Clio, Eve/Spark, Nissan, and Formula Two? Seems like the GT2 Corvette got an update?

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Emery if i remember correct all cars has chassis flex and all cars are up to date until the day i.s.i gave control to s397
    later s397 update all cars to latest graphics like DX11

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Not all cars habe chassis flex, the 60's formula cars for example didn't. The Houston G4/G6 cars however do have chassis flex. They where the first vehicles with this feature, if I remember correctly.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think only eve and spark are dont have flex
    Brabham bt20 has chassis flex

TJones likes this.
  10. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes the BT-20 possibly has, as he was getting one or two updates in time.
    The Eve/Spark where one of those cars which where part of the first (beta) release (Jan. 2012 i think), and never get any update, at least i can't remember one.

Sorry for OT.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

well of course S397 maybe surprise us all by giving one of these vintage car for free
    maybe a Lotus from that era !!! :)

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Eve/Spark were given a graphic update. I could hear the cry of joy from DurgeDriven all the way from the other side of the globe.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Can't confirm now as the physics are all encrypted these days.

14. JackMadin

JackMadin Registered

Judging by the posts people do on Facebook when they announce something good, yeah, i agree they should keep their dates for them. For us it will be released "when it's ready and fully working!", so people will not complaint or demand explanations from them all the time...

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

People still will, though...

Mhites likes this.
  16. softslider

softslider Registered

I also doubt why re-licesing is required only for updating the tire model which is not creation but just update . Just in case S397 makes new skip barber, I can understand re-licensing will be necessary. Isn't it?

Anyway I'm one of men who are looking forward to have updated skip barber. :)

17. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

I just had my first couple of minutes in new UI. Wow. This is probably even more outdated than the previous one. All text blurry at highest resolution, graphics like from previous century. Thre must something wrong on my side. This cannot be the outcome of 3 years work. Help me please

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I guess use the older one for a while.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It could be something like the stretched UI for wide screen or triples. Keep an eye on the threads, something may turn up.
    did you run the configuration tool? Make sure the beta is using your vid card and not the auto.

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah 21:9 it seems to just stretch the UI. Need to have hi resolution car images as well.