[REL] Caterham7 Classic 1.4K-Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by MikeeCZ, Nov 8, 2016.

1. north

north Registered

like your catherham very much,admire your hard work.
    could we adjust steering lock in this mod?

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I realised there something wrong with your 3D model - the engine/gearbox is the lowest thing on a Caterham by some way and is clearly visible from the side, when following one or looking in the mirror.

Rf2Caterham.jpg
    (The front wing is too low in that picture too)
    2008-Caterham-Seven-Superlight-R500-Side-1280x960.jpg

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Thanks for the level of attention, but.. You pic shows a sigma engine, my cat is rover. Also the underside of the car has only very crude details to save FPS. The wings are lower only in spinner (tuning screen/showroom) because of the way suspension works and i did not waste too much time on getting it right in spinner as spinner is like the last thing on my priority list.

The model is however defo not 100% accurate. I could only do my best with the references that i had for it, which were all obtainable for free, and it showed.

4. kimbo

kimbo Registered

MikeeCZ thank you man, your cat is fantastic, graphics, physics, sound, everything is awesome.

Filip, jayarrbee36 and bravotangosix like this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Sorry Mike, my post was very abrupt. kimbo is right, your model is very accurate and this is the only thing I've noticed that jarred. All engine variants are the same, all Caterhams struggle to get the engine under the bonnet line (it's a major deciding factor on which engine to use) so the sump ends up the lowest point of the car - as I proved by cracking my sump on a cat's-eye :( The standard test is to roll a Coke can under the sump, if it squeezes through you have a fighting chance on the road, though speed humps will always be a problem.

6. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Dear MikeeCZ.

Thank you for your Caterham 7.
    This is the great mod!

By the way, I want your permission today.
    I am a server admin in Japan.
    Now rF2 has a little bit problem Its Freze lag on online server.
    This is happening if Drivers can choice UPGRADE(TUNING).
    So, I want to anchor UPGRADE. (and now rF2's "Fixed upgrades" can not confidence...)
    If possible you could permit I create and use patche files for anchor UPGRADE?
    Of course, I wont modificate physics and this use only in my server.

Best regards.

philmcqueen likes this.
  7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hi Yashiman, thanks for asking first. I appreciate that.

This is to everyone: This mod is for everyone, so feel free to do with it as you please. I will not be making any more updates to it as I am no longer really active in rf2 (or any other sim as rf2 was my only love)
    Im glad that so many have enjoyed and still are enjoying this car, it deserves it. The rewarding feeling of making this mod still persist.

If I recall correctly lot of the files are encrypted, so you wont be able to get around that. So do with it as you please as long as you are not trying to crack those files. This was a lot of work and I appreciate if you mention all of us working on it anytime you use the mod in anyway that could come across as you made it. This is down to you and your decency.

Take care and to all who celebrate it - Merry Xmas

makan, Emery, Magus and 6 others like this.
  8. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Dear MikeeCZ

Thank you so much for your reply. I am really happy.
    I will promise to follow to your advice.

Have a great holiday!

9. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Guys, RSL eSports is going to run a 6 race league as from 30th December 2019, check out www.rslesports.com