SOLVED S 397 Nordschleife Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Having used the GP version of the new S397 Nürburgring, I decided to have a little fun on the Nordschleife. However, whichever version I try, it loads to about 4/5ths of the way and then rF2 stops responding. Anyone seen this before or have any suggestions? If I have another version of the track, is this likely to conflict with the new version? TIA

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

By the time the progress bar has moved along that far, the sim is usually loading cars. You can often see the progress bars stop and start in rather small increments so one would think the track is close to completely loaded. A few questions.
    Laptop or desktop? What video card make and amount of video ram onboard? Default S397 cars or a mod? Have you tried launching with just one car?

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@davehenrie Yes, aware of the progress bar movement. This was actually stopped for several minutes, then rF2 said that it was not responding.
    MY PC specs are in my signature - is the official S397 Nordschleife DLC with the official GTE car [used in VEC].
    I had another version of the track which I 'deleted', although it still shows up in the packages area within the launcher [status is installed]. However, after doing this, I tried again and although it stopped for a short while at the car loading area, then went on to load the track. I had to go out for the day, so will have to wait until tomorrow to check it is still working.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I tried again last night and had the same issue. I then checked my packages folder and found that I had 2 copies of the official S397 DLC track [the second had (1) at the end of the name]. I removed the second copy and also deleted the 'other' version of the track and I believe that has solved the issue.

bwana and davehenrie like this.