RFactor 2 won't load anymore, I'm gutted!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Craig Stevens, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Craig Stevens

Craig Stevens Registered

Can somebody please help me!

I love playing RFACTOR 2 but when I trying to launch it, it just thinks about it for a second then then nothing happens. This is from the Steam client and when I click on the desktop Icon.

I'm running windows 10 64 bit, on a PC with 16Gb Ram, and an intel i7-3770 cpu @3.4

My Gaphics card is an Nvdia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

My Wheel is a Thrustmaster T300 RS

All my other games in my steam library work fine except RF2

I did a few weeks ago, download the Nvidia Gefore Experience Software and I have the latest drivers installed but for some reason RF2 is not showing as a game on the system - see screenshot.

I have checked the integrity of the game files with the Steam Client and that didn't work and I have uninstalled the game and have re-installed it and that has not worked either.

I have un-subscribed from the Steam Workshop addons too.

I have screenshot my Steam/Library/steamapps/common/rfactor2/userdata/controller and its just got all the wheel .json files. Is this correct?

Anybody have any idea's? tried to roll back my PC but said it can't due to an update has happened since.

Geforce.JPG Userdata controller.JPG

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, controller folder has wheel profiles only. Your config files are in userdata\player . You could try removing your .json files from there so new ones are created (uninstall doesn't do that).

*I didn't read the post properly and thought it was clicking from the launcher that wasn't working. None of the game data files are involved in the initial rF2 startup (before the launcher) so no need for removing any of the .json files in that case.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

GeForce Experience does not support rF2. It will only show supported games. Setup/games will show a link to supported games.

I have no idea why your game won't start. Are you sure everything installed correctly? Do you start the game from Steam? Desktop shortcut?
    Desktop shortcut should point to rF2/rFactor2.exe, or rF2/bin64/rFactor2.exe. Try starting from inside Steam.

4. Craig Stevens

Craig Stevens Registered

Looks like I have fixed it - had to click on each of these again and repair/install - How Stange
    Runtimes.JPG

Lazza likes this.
  5. Craig Stevens

Craig Stevens Registered

Its got this screen now and downloading the workshop items - it never got this far before so I'm hoping its all good!! loading.JPG

6. Craig Stevens

Craig Stevens Registered

I Can confirm this is now fixed so might be handy for other people experiencng the same issue!

Richard Busch likes this.