Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Whew! These F1s are a step up from F3 in terms of control, unfortunately I did the opposite of usual and strung some good laps together in prac/qual and then made 2 pretty big errors in the race. Nearly caught Jim at the end after his own mistake (and nearly hitting someone backwards :D) but wasn't able to make it.

Great pace and race by Cookie and Eddy, good stuff!

nonamenow likes this.
  2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks @Lazza and i had fun tonight. Didn't drive the cars till tonight so the Lotus (or whatever it's called) was a lucky pick. i was able to manage the gap to Cookie for 20 mins into the race and then i made a mistake so he could easily go past. we where on the same pace so i hoped for a mistake from him but it didn't happen. last laps i started to overdrive the car just to try and catch up again which obviously wasn't a good idea. in the end again great fun and deserved win for @jjcook

nonamenow likes this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Some cars they work well. The CHooper doesn't. Though CrewChief did a great job...;)

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

We've decided to put these on hold until the mirrors are fixed. Also will post later regarding damage.

So this week we will be back in the Datsuns (minus the L20B) @ Lester Sprint.

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

To all who race with us, please feel free to offer up suggestions for tracks and mods to try out. Please bear in mind mods should be 45yrs old at least (unless they are super special:D) and if we are in Historic open wheelers, tracks without chicanes (AGAIN: unless super special:D)
    Don't know how Bryan does it....Not easy getting good combos together sometimes...:oops:

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

45 year old mods.......did we even have racing games other than slotracing back then?
    Sorry couldn't resist....carry on ;-)

nonamenow likes this.
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You would have been in a very powerful position if you had Scalextric (or similar) in my 7 year old eyes back then.
    It seems having 6 kids my parents believed in quantity over quality. Except with 6 kids our toys weren't of quantity or quality.
    Single child up the road had the best toys and I had a Matchbox car with 3 wobbly wheels, if my two older brothers weren't playing with it. :(

Eddy likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

And anything woochoo does.....:)

woochoo and jimagn like this.
  9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Being born in 1965 and was 7 years younger than my only sister so i was doomed to become the spoiled kid.
    I was intrested in cars very young so my grandfather gave me a Fleischmann slot car track.
    Stayed intrested in cars and even made my proffesion off it. Still working with cars today.[​IMG]

jimagn and ADSTA like this.
  10. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

In 1975 I was touring with a band and we'd stay in the same town for a month at a time and rent apartments to stay in, or sometimes the club owner would have places for us to stay. But we'd be there for several weeks and nothing to do all day till work. So, we'd buy these huge elaborate slot car sets (you could change lanes) and set them up in our apartment and just play with those all day till it was time to go to the gig.

Eddy and jimagn like this.
  11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

12. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Gotta love it, Tucker.

13. Tucker Fleming

Family over tomorrow, no Tucker at race...

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Trying out the F3 @ Spielberg Historic to see if they are a good combo. May change depending on feedback.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, Bryan and I have done a session and it's a great track for these....Have fun all...:)

Watch out for the kerbs though....:p

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server updated to latest build and cars to latest version.

jimagn likes this.
  17. Tucker Fleming

Today's race was great. Awesome track and fantastic racers. Thanks everybody for coming to these races!

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yes, good size grid, great combo (pats myself on the back..:rolleyes:) always makes for a great atmosphere. Had a few mishaps early and was last but slowly managed to make my way up to 5th so not bad. Thx to all who turned up and thx also for so many peeps jumping on TS.

This week we are still in the F3 but over to Mazda Laguna Seca. Not in the workshop but will post the link as soon as it is uploaded to my Mediafire account. :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ygdmewyhe1zuli/Laguna_Seca_v1.02.rfcmp/file

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Again sorry for punting you off track in lap one, i went for a gap that wasn't realy there. Very stupid move from my side.

Besides that had a great race once again.

nonamenow likes this.
  20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So this week we couldn't resist the lure of the Lotus Cortina (or Cosworth Cortina :p) at Teretonga Park. Fun combo.