[REL] Adria International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Heikki21, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Hello everybody, I just discovered the Adria Raceway on steam, which was released yesterday by "Engineering Consult GmbH" . I thought it should be mentioned here, because not everybody checks the workshop. The track quality is fantastic, go and get it guys ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1932282994

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Very flat circuit, I didn't like it very much:(:(:(

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Very interesting collaboration

Adria international raceway V1.0 was build for rFactor 2 from scratch based on GPS and real car data by Engineering Consult by WVK GmbH in 2019 based on the idea by WSK, Adria raceway and Tatuus

4. Pacchia

Pacchia Registered

Yes unfortunately it is the worst track in the universe..

But still, not the modders' fault. Thanks for the effort and for the valid work

juanchioooo and muz_j like this.
  5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

6. muz_j

muz_j Registered

I definitely agree with the flatness comments - and my quick blast around in a '91 McLaren MP4/4 resulted in quite a few spins on the corners, trying to find a decent line - so it's definitely more challenging than most tracks to get a smooth flow through the corners (although I ran a nurburgring setup - as that's a nice general all around one for me and I didn't bother to max out the downforce - which would have made it a lot easier to find grip).

My gut feeling is it's probably well suited to Go Karts - so I might try one out on it at some point and see how that goes.

7. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Nice to see some GT1 footage. I miss not having the Saleen S7R in a current generation racing sim.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that I do not like, does not mean that this badly made or built, I just said that it is very flat and I do not like that circuit, there will always be a respect for the moders for their work
    @Mauro
    I don't doubt your comment.
    If he did it for what I said, you are wrong is a mistake, it is a matter of whether I like it, or I do not like a certain circuit, ... not that this badly constructed, ... is not the same ,. ..
    If your comment did not say it for me, forget this PD.-
    Regards:);)

9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

This :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Once you have run the ups and downs of many of the great circuits, driving around a pancake flat layout just may not seem appetizing.
    Especially on the heels of Nords. Our early days,(1990's) we begged for a hill to climb. The papyrus sims never really got great road circuits like Mid Ohio and Laguna Seca & Road America until CART PRECISION RACING was cracked and ported. And then we got Zandvoort for GPL and Nords and Monaco. Flat just can't compare. Even little Knockhill grabs my attention more than most of the DTM/F1 tracks. So let me add my admiration for the track, but also I understand user's who won't be interested.

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I just said I didn't like the circuit, I didn't say anything about the moders' work, sorry for the confusion greetings

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not a track you'd choose to drive a couple of spare hours at, but with the right cars you could have some good racing here.

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

whenever I participate in races with pilots near me I have a good time, ... but I use vr and the really interesting circuits are the ones that have a lot of relief, ups and downs, slides ... but I'm sure I would have a good time, as long as I have good fights with teammates:);):D

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's the same with screens (especially triples). I just meant the track has some good solid braking zones with multiple lines and corner exits are important - so with slower cars you could have some good close battles. Sometimes 'flowing' tracks are not great for racing.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. Travis

Travis Registered

It is a great recreation of a solid but unspectacular track. Hopefully the same team makes a few more tracks for rF2.

With lower tier cars, it could produce some good battles

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Last night I gave him a second chance, and well, little by little I am adapting to the circuit:);)

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'm confused, that is the same workshop that we get those 5 New Zealand tracks that S397 supposedly gave us!
    So those track from NZ aren't actually S397 tracks at all?
    Why are they taking credit for giving us them when they are in fact from a Modding group?

Or is it just coincidence that that group happened to release the same tracks S397 gave us?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The roadmap says "We again worked closely with Engineering Consult and Toyota Gazoo New Zealand on the car, but this time we also created five amazing tracks, all of which will be released completely for free in the workshop:"

So I think they worked together.

2ndLastJedi and buzz hornet like this.