Gearbox restriction F1 - 2013

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rock, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello,
    Everything is in the title
    I know that the F1 2013 rules allow teams to choose 30 gearbox decks before the start of the season.
    What I want to know: 30 trays with trays exit box or without?
    thank you for your help if you have knowledge in this field because I lost my contacts of that time at Renault ;-(

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Rock

Rock Registered

I may not ask the question at the right place but I do not want to register on the site Fan F1.... But it may be useful ;-)
    I found this, but it lacks precision:
    Article 9.6.2 of the technical regulation requires a selection of 30 box reports for the entire season. How are they chosen?

This rule needs to be clarified. It's not 30 reports but 30 sets of reports. Within this limit, it is possible to adapt between each race the sets of reports according to the characteristics. We choose the 30 games during the winter tests, with the pilots and the simulators. Each driver has the same 30 games at his disposal.
    https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/fr/formule-1/La-boite-de-vitesses-en-Formule-1,25400.html

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, language is difficult. Not totally sure what your question in the first post means "30 trays with trays exit box or without?"

Article 9.6 of https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-publ...0051A2C9/$FILE/2013 TECHNICAL REGULATIONS.pdf

That and some articles I've found indicate they had to lock in 30 gear ratios before the season, but could then use any combination of any of those for their 7 forward gears. There's nothing in the regulations about being limited to a certain number of combinations. Of course with simulators I'm sure teams only took the 10-12 they needed for each group of races.

4. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi Lazza, I think like you
    Yes that's what seems to me to understand 30 gear and the number of solution unlimited.
    But: in the 30 gear do we count the gearbox output. I guess so!,