Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. makan

makan Registered

I agree, ACC's cars sounds are very good.
    Can't choose which one has better sounds, ACC or Raceroom.
    ==============
    I drive Raceroom's version recently, don't like its behaviour on braking.
    It's too much sensitive on braking.
    I should say iRacing's version is the best in terms of "FUN", I like it.
    But with RF2's , I feel more and very satisfying when I learned how to drive it (if you played one of Dark souls series, you can understand what I'm saying).
    If i want to choose wich one is better , I should say, I can't.
    Sometimes it's iracing ,and in some situations I think rF2's is better.
    But I can say iRacing's version is much more noob freindly (for someone Like me;)) and easier to drive at start.
    But when you overdrive it, it wants to kill you in every corner.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Aaron O'Brien likes this.
  2. Aaron O'Brien

Aaron O'Brien Registered

there is a one car type Option in ACC easy to do,Just make your own server pretty simple man.
    What's putting them off guess it's like myself beeing playing that game to long and was used to there old version of Cup car's!! Then we have a Series atm with them punched 100 plus laps out in them just couldn't get the feeling.Tryed many a time even our aliens are stuggling to set them up.
    Our Normal field of 30ish is at about 9/10 because of this o_O

makan likes this.
  3. makan

makan Registered

Can i add AI to the server?
    Edit:googled it and answer is BIG NO.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Aaron O'Brien likes this.
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Or...have an option ingame, not everyone wants to make a server. Pretty simple. There are way older games, that have such an option.
    Sounds even more like a plus to me, it means, the car is less exploitable.^^

5. Aaron O'Brien

Aaron O'Brien Registered

not really means less racing so that and empty field's

It's pretty simple for server's click ACCserver got to cfg edit to your liking Bam got your own server :D

6. Travis

Travis Registered

I find the R3E and rF2 version of the same Cup car very similar to drive.

Alex H of R3E has experience with the Cup car along with access to KW Suspension data and access to team drivers and data.

Those with racing experience handle the Porsche with aplomb; Alex H has no issues with the braking or handling of the Cup car.

What I learnt from beta testing the R3E version carried over to rF2.

Smooth inputs, don't jump on the brakes too fast (unlike the GT3 version), brake in a straight line and slow in, fast out to manage the understeer and use the wonderful traction to punch out of corners.

Both versions are tricky to master but so rewarding once you get the hang of them.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  7. CrimsonEminence

I don't quite understand this sentence...do you mean, that less exploitability leads to emptier fields? If so: what a shame for the drivers, that were exploiting instead of adapting. In the case of drivers, that are driving it for the sake of simulation, i think it got quite more believeable after the updates. The Cup is not easy to drive, so not everyones cup of tea.

So it is of course unfortunate, when grids are smaller, but there could be another problem, than just the car itself, assuming that the Cup in R3E has got a more accurate model now.
    Yeah, or it could just have a single option ingame, where i can make it single grid in single player. GTR2 had such an option and it was an overall single series game from 13 years ago...
    But this is getting pretty offtopic now ^^'
    He is already used to it, it's always, in almost every sim, the same with the Cup Porsche. :D I was cursing a lot, while learning pace in the Cup in R3E, rF2 and even the diff adjustable Boxer Cup in AMS, which is now one of my favourite sim-cars, it also was my entry in "next-generation-racing-simulations" (fortunately it also has ABS, so way easier to handle).

But when you get into it, understanding, how to trail off the brake and focus on it, how to open up the throttle on exits, let it coast through apexes, it offers an interesting unique driving experience...more like an old race car, than a modern one.

slatanek likes this.
  8. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Exactly! I would add: the way u come off the brakes hugely influences this cars behavior on turn-in. Come off too abruptly with just a hint of steering input and the back will try and overtake you. So "gentle" is really the way to go with the Cup car (even though trashing it around is fun as hell)

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

50l of fuel in the tank and a billy basic setup and I'm doing 2:10s.

10. CrimsonEminence

You can probably go sub 10 consistently, by lowering tyre pressures. Also, the car feels safer on corner exits and Sebring looooves its corner exits :D

11. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

@CrimsonEminence , you're lapping bit faster than me, how fast laps you run on Reiza VIR?
    I have practised several hours of it and my average laps are around 1:50-1:51, how fast race pace you can keep up, and how many laps it can be maintained when on soft pressures, what kind of intervals you need to cool tires, i can push 5-6 laps straight, but each lap will go slower than earlier, like 1:49.5, next lap .5 slower, next lap again .5 shower and so on. You can check on video and you'll understand my mumbling..

12. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

How much difference in feel is the cup from the RS we got with GT3 pack?

13. slatanek

slatanek Registered

it's GT3-R and the difference is huge. apart from both being rear engine they are two different classes of racing cars. The Cup is a feeder car that's supposed to teach you how to drive properly (sensibly), the GT3-R is a GT3 race car - way more downforce, way more grip overall, way better brakes and chassis, way easier to drive. They feel very different, all the GT3 cars have a certain feel to them, the Cup is a much more oldschool experience in the way it reacts to inputs while cornering. It's way more loose and wants to slide and rotate all over the place so it's a challenge to drive. Certainly more so than any GT3 car. The brakes have a different feel to them too, much more like a road car in that respect. The Cup is a blast if you know what you're into.

pkelly and Alex72 like this.
  14. CrimsonEminence

Don't know
    As much, as you want, because rF2 is not simulating tyre damage through underinflated tyres, that's why low pressures are an exploit, and in this case even necessary, to make the car more relistically in terms of laptimes.
    none, because low pressures aren't influencing tyre temps that much in rF2, like it should be, actually.
    Because tyres are degrading at some point and VIR is a long track, so maybe the peak of the tyre is at a strange margin to get right...

15. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

weird, if I toast cold tires heavily on fisrt few laps, those tires are gone for rest of face. Same dwstroying can happen on race, if I toast tires by sliding etc to get temps jump >120°C, tire is hard and slippery after that and it can take 5+ laps to get it working normally, some times it doesn't recover from that. Are you using normal tire wear? I'm using normal wear.
    Hmm, I'm overheating tires pretty quickly if ruining low pressures and those low pressure tires aren't cooling quickly as normal pressure tires. Gotta test if tire wear off is making thosse possible to drive without overheating.

16. CrimsonEminence

This is not pressure related, this is breaking in the tyre wrong, too low core temps, too high surface temps, and it will blister and degrade for sure.
    Did you log telemetry? You are just seeing your surface temps of the tyre in the MFD, of course they can get higher, with more contact patch, but after all, they're not cooking away (core/rubber/carcass temps), like they should, with much underinflation.

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Cheers man.

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is now an option in game ;) Porsche Cup is now possible in ACC! Pretty sweet.

19. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

If I'm running low temps, tires are building up heat way quicker than I'd like them to do, this leads me cooking them really quickly. Pressures which I'm using will build temps way slower, to get on good running temps at VIR it takes several laps with them.
    Is there any real documentation which things are included in tire model, I have feeling at there's bit more than we currently are speaking. Once there was some publication from author which said at model also is taking count on heat cycles and how excessive heat will change permanently tire characteristics, I would buy this story, just because how it feels on game. This was explained on some TGM thing and later just they referred tyre heat cycle recording.
    Anyhow I'm experiencing excessive heat with soft pressures, maybe those need some counter setting to exploit tyre model, i.e. high amount of toe to gain more mechanical grip?
    Not currently logging, was hunting stutter glitch and wanted to get everything out, btw few biggest stutter causing thing on my experience, windows cache flush and rf2 replay packing(only editable in .json) algorithm when "max quality" replays used. Both off and it helped a lot. Funniest stutter causing was installing SSD for rf2, but not disabling cache flush on it, it was just a joke to drive, rubberbanding and stuttering, more stuttering than ever, switched cache flush off and no more such stuttering.

20. CrimsonEminence

You saw my video on Nürburg GP with the Porsche, i've used low pressures there, driving relatively quick, without problems on overheating, grip or something else, so it is not pressure related, it is overdriving then. Pressure does not influence the temperature that severe, it should do sometimes.

Already done a couple of Cup races there, with custom liveries (what's the icing on the cake, every car looks different). :D