[REL] WTCR 2018 by Tommy78

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Aug 20, 2019.

1. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Thank you, I will try to find the best setting for me.

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Your so called "fix" of the FFB issue is only hiding the issue. You reduced the max steering torque output. That is the same as if i reduce the ingame FFB multiplier. Consequently the oscillating FFB is hidden as the effect isn't that dominant anymore. But now i don't feel the FFB during cornering. I still think the issue is in the suspension.

I never had any of this hight torque oscillations in any other mod. Maybe you should take a look at the physics of the BTCC mod. With these cars i can run 100% FFB without any ocsillation issues

3. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Maybe tommy can ask NGMT's andy for some advice? I think he like this mod and may willing to help. I think in 1.4 it's drivable but there is space still for improvement.

4. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

Tommy built a McPherson front suspension, like they are in real life TCR cars. The NGTC cars and the mod uses a double wishbone suspension.
    That's one of the major differences. I am not sure how good the rf2 physics can simulate a McPherson suspension. For myself and testing I modified one of Tommy's cars and built in a double wishbone suspension, and yes the feel becomes similar to the NGTC mod.
    But, as said before, that's not what TCR cars have.
    Anyway, with the update 1.3/1.4 and the options in the tuning menu, I am really happy with the feeling and it's one of my favorite cars in rf2 :)
    (using fanatec DD2 at 100%, options setting on soft, FF multi at 0,35)

Levelup1, Tommy78 and zxd1997 like this.
  5. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

Which setting did you use? Old or new one? I think the old is more like traditional rf2 style like civic btcc and ngmt btcc.

6. scotty_r56s

scotty_r56s Registered

Thank you for the work you put into this!

Tommy78 likes this.
  7. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I did not hide anything, and did not reduced the max steering torque, i gave more torque options (from 15-40 with 11 steps) for anyone who has problem with the FFB.

zxd1997 and Rui Santos like this.
  8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Correct me if i am wrong but you changed der HDV paramater „nominal steering torque“?

With this option you effectively only reduce the FFB output strenght and not track down the root of the oscillating FFB.

9. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I didn't change the torque as i wrote many times just on this page, i add more option for different steering wheel. I not reduced or strengthen the force, you have 11 torque options to find the best force for your wheel. But i don't want to write it down the same every day. Most of the mods there is only one option for all the wheel and you can play only with the ffb mult option, but here you have multiple option, and then you can fine tune with the ffb mult. If those options not enough for you, sorry but i can't do anything else. And i write again this is not a suspension related thing, because we did a double wishbone susp. as well and we tested it, and there was no different.

pkelly, Levelup1 and zxd1997 like this.
  10. J7166

J7166 Registered

FFB doesn't feel any different to me in v1.4 than it did in any other version....

McFlex likes this.
  11. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

What settings did you try to not feel any difference?

12. J7166

J7166 Registered

I have no idea, I just installed the updated cars and went to drive. FFB still feels really good, Not sure what ffb are on for the cars... I can check later to see what option I have selected.

EDIT: I have the "New S3" option selected and am driving the Audi. Should all the cars have the same ffb back?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  13. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Can we have option to set different tires to front and rear? For example slicks for front, wets for rear axle. Like in real life

zxd1997 likes this.
  14. parginos

parginos Registered

Hey @Tommy78 , can you tell me the exact naming of window dds for the Hyundai so i can make my own? for example alt_window.dds

Thanks

15. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It should be altwindow.dds. I don't have the mod, but rF2 WCWINDOW has no underscore and no "s" at the end. I think that would work. Just remember to hit the "reload" in the showroom

parginos likes this.
  16. parginos

parginos Registered

Thanks for the reply, i found it ;)

17. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I named the template with the WC names, but if i remember wcextra1, the wcwindow name doesn't work with rain for me.

18. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

with the new ui beta all cars' icon are gone, plz check it~ thank you and hope for a small update soon

19. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, i know, but to make 187 new pictures, unfortunately not a small update. I will do as soon as possible.

pascom, pkelly, FuNK! and 3 others like this.
  20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

This update coming soon with the new UI preview pictures.