Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

In real racing cars and even rental karts, you drive with your butt. As long, as you can't afford a well tweaked, not overexaggerated motion rig, you will rely on FFB. That's the reason, why FFB exists, besides the reason, it gives you the sensation of a vehicle, moving on wheels over the ground.

It is not the requirement, to make it more realistic, it is more required for most users, to make it informative, to be useful as a learning tool. It is the better design decision/compromise for most consumer use - setups.

Even if some solutions are still confusing and "overriding" natural behaviour of simulated cars, that's why some wheel setups, user&development wise, can lead to strange behaviour.
    (For example: Oscilating or clipping FFB, because set to strong, wishy-washy feel because of too much dampening, which also leads to less response of self alligning in the mix and so on...)
    That's why something like ACC with more "real" approach also has its place, because less is more sometimes, but it isn't the most informative thing for consumer use.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Filip likes this.
  2. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I get the making it feel real, but as I'm not moving and only have a butt kicker I kinda rely on my wheel for feedback. Like I've said most of the cars drive really well. It's the Cup Car I can't get the same feedback sensations.

3. CrimsonEminence

Do you use much damping? Have you tried lowering multi to around 0.30 with the Simucube, when you were testing? This car has relatively strong force out of the box. If it is saturated FFB, it's not your wheel, which is clipping, it is the software itself. I use 0.75 multi and get totally working feel for pitching and loading up under braking and elevation with a Logitech wheel, this is pretty strange o_O

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I didn't know it is ACC philosophy:)

atomed likes this.
  5. CrimsonEminence

This is exactly, how ACC feels. You nailed that :D It is not the most informative FFB, but it feels like a car with power steering. It doesn't really lack detail imo, but it is way more subtile and not everyones cup of tea :D

J7166 and bwana like this.
  6. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

I’ll take ACCs ffb over 90% of the cars in rf2 any day of the week. The GTE and LMP2 cars are great but otherwise ACC is better in every way for me.

Aaron O'Brien likes this.
  7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

8. franser

franser Registered

The cup car in its supercup version is a rigid car, without front aerodynamic load and with a rear engine which makes the weight on the front train quite unloaded, and being rigid in fast curves you will see how the wheels have a tendency to stay in the air The cup has a particular handling and does not resemble any other car, has no comparison with a GT3 and even less with a GTE, they are very different

atomed, TeroD and avenger82 like this.
  9. franser

franser Registered

here another video in nordschleife you can see the steering wheel angle that you use when folding since I have heard complaints that the car does not respond quickly to the direction

atomed, muzikant, makan and 1 other person like this.
  10. CrimsonEminence

Would you like to have some engine to your transmission sound? :D

I swear, i would've shit my pants twice already, up to Schwedenkreuz...and how is he able to see flags with that pace?? :D

11. CrimsonEminence

I tested the Cup car with a CSL Elite now...more headroom, more detail, more everything...

if you use much minimum torque or this feature in general, don't do it, it creates oscillations and detail loss. Lowering multi helps also a lot, this car has pretty heavy force from the beginning, so it could definetly software clip...

I have fantastic detail in the steering now, but yes, this car is more subtle with vertical load, so it is with rear engined stiff cars, but no comparison to the G27 and even with this wheel, it was pretty good.
    So maybe there is something off, with the settings in general. I also use damper and spring channel on 100 and it doesn't affect detail...the opposite, it seems better for some simulations. The G27 couldn't handle this...

12. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Final Boss.. Yep, car handles well, but handler isn't so good, knowing track, but no driving lines, just improvising a lot.. LOL
    Supercup version, no aids, realistic Michelin tire data pressures and lot of fun and frustration, stuck at ~2:10.. :D

Finally got reason why sounds weren't working, davinci resolve + shadow play needed bit tweaking.

Practising more, or should i say farming..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    CrimsonEminence likes this.
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

ACC FFB is simply bad .... ACC is big fail . AC is much much better.

Mikk Quickmikk and mesfigas like this.
  14. makan

makan Registered

It isn't.
    ACC's ffb is very informative and feels realistic.
    I love rf2's ffb but I can't hate ACC's also.
    I can't enjoy AC anymore, AC's physics+FFB feels old to me.

Mibrandt, TJones, J7166 and 2 others like this.
  15. J853

J853 Registered

How did you get it to show pedal and wheel position on the HUD in the lower right hand side?

16. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

DaVinci Resolve video editor, copy-paste from replay.

Edit: if anyone is planning to use shadow play and resolve combo they should remember to limit rendering bitrate in resolve to same rate or less as shadow play is, or it will fail on sounds.

VIRginia Farming part 2: this time till checkered flag

VIR is way harder than it looks, or will be until having decent setup.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    CrimsonEminence and Emery like this.
  17. Aaron O'Brien

Aaron O'Brien Registered

Jump on Raceroom's cup car you'll throw up to how bad it is

18. CrimsonEminence

I have to say, i have a slight different opinion about that:
    They're both pretty similar in terms of driving, brake distance and times (rF2 needs lower tyre pressures and more brake bias to the rear). Exterior of the rF2 version ist better, interior of the R3E version is better graphically, sound of the R3E blows it out of the park, if you're not using the rF2 soundtweaks, but this is pretty well known by everyone...immersion wise, the R3E has a slight advantage, but also this is often the case, just because of sound alone.

In terms of overall quality, i prefer the R3E version, but no version makes me throw up.^^ I like driving both of them.

Aaron O'Brien likes this.
  19. Aaron O'Brien

Aaron O'Brien Registered

Do Agree and disagree. RF2 & AC & ACC & iracing cup car's are amazing and handle alot better than RRE already had a update to it but became worse after there last update has put alot of people in the community i race in off them .RRE doe's have great sound.ACC acutally stand's up to RRE sound wise.
    AC have have sound mod's for that which are dope :D

makan likes this.
  20. CrimsonEminence

The AC one is too forgiving, in my opinion, as if it has too much downforce, it feels more to me, like a slower GT3-R. The ACC one is way better, it's a shame, that there is no one car type only grid option.

What is it, that's putting them off? I'm encountering the similar tailhappy, bad braking and front lifting rear engine car, like in almost every other sim.

makan likes this.