[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

One of the cars, it is fun to drive.

Wee_Eck and Duncan like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Monza 1967
    [​IMG]

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

this pic isn't showing up for me :(
    In other news, i've been working on some tweaks to the body meshes :)

davehenrie likes this.
  4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Major understatement. Wait till you see.

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

but equally, don't get too excited. They're still Howston G4 meshes.
    But they're better. Along the lines of what i did to the Cobra meshes for the '54 mod.
    I don't think anyone will be disappointed if they're not expecting scratch-made replica bodies :)

Flaux and Mauro like this.
  6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Now is better?

Attached Files:

woochoo likes this.
  7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

perfect, thanks :)

a generally similar screenshot
    2019-12-04_01h44_57.jpg

and i just discovered this fab video from the British round
    "Made to a budget of about U$5,000 using BOAC staff, one drove a Ferrari 275LM in the race, and also drove the camera car agreed to be loaned free by Bruce McLaren and an AC Cobra loaned for a day by AC Cars Thames Ditton."

it appears to be posted by the guy in the video

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Maranello Concessionaires spared no expence on the team transporter (the trusty Trany), them was the days....

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

10. pascom

pascom Registered

Please see with [ODS]Arnaud

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

here are a couple of the models completed to date and coming up in the upcoming mod update.
    they're all still using the common HG4 chassis/cockpit dimensions, but some of the internal items like radiator intakes, radiators, and fluid tanks have been downsized to accommodate the narrower and/or shorter bodies. Models have different wheelbases and track widths. There are smaller and narrower ones than the ones you see here below :)
    2019-12-08_02h09_08.jpg
    2019-12-05_13h07_05.jpg

Sergio Loro, pkelly, lbird and 11 others like this.
  12. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

1st video: He said there are 3 key numbers which resume the new motorisation: 3L / 300 cv / 300 Km/h
    2nd video: Renault Alpine A210: 1300cc / 130 cv / more than 260 km/h. Less than 15L/ 100Km for fuel consumption.
    8 or 9 pitstops needed during 24h Le Mans
    320Km/h in Mulsanne at the end of the day
    1st in energy indice of performance

Emery, jimagn, pascom and 3 others like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats some really efficient consumption of fuel ! I'll assume that it must be because of low drag, cars being small, but also probably not using all of the rpm most of the time.

Speeds also are surprising, higher than it is now in the mod, I think that there is possibly too much aerodynamic drag in the mod.

These little bits are all very useful.

Not sure what was meant about "320Km/h in Mulsanne at the end of the day", perhaps just spoke about fastest cars ?

Arnaud Plume likes this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Those new mesh updates look great. Thank you for all the work you do.

I drive these and the 55 cars quite often at the moment. Will there be an upgrade entry for H-Shifters? Right now the shifting isn't very delightful, because of the long shift delays, I guess!?

I like the way it is implemented within the f1 eve cars and I believe it is the same with the stock G4/cobra aswell.

15. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

I don't know, it said 320km/h top speed in 2nd video with 130cv.
    300km/h with 300cv in the 1st.

=> One of the two vid is wrong...

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

this is one of the smaller cars :)
    2019-12-08_15h50_15.jpg 2019-12-08_16h02_41.jpg 2019-12-08_16h03_10.jpg

lbird, Flaux and Mauro like this.
  17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Hmm, I'm not sure it's mother would recognise it. But then again neither does this look like a Sprite!

AH Sprite.jpg

woochoo and Flaux like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The video, the legend:

I am having a success at getting to handle 911s rep. car that is in our pack to handle something like that. After Mini Marcos, Porsche 911S is the second most challenging car to work on, as those are fundamentaly so different from Howston G4 (that is representing Lola T70). Porsche 911S is such a unique car.

To handle like this I had to loosen up rear end. To be more precise the rear end is always loose once it is loose. But the main thing is how it gets loose. If the rear end is tight the car is "tail frustrated" - it will break traction late and abruptly. If rear is loose then it breaks traction more progressively, begins to slide earlier and is more comfortable to deal with - it is "tail happy" now.

How to drive 911S ?
    In order to drive it well you have to rewire your techniques a bit. The 911S will slide gently and in control, but just in certain limits. It is best to catch it early and don't allow excessive oversteer, especially on the entry, on the exit some bigger oversteer for a good driver is ok. Going in too fast can turn out quite unrewarding, respect slow tight turns, at least on the entry :D. It will not go sideways all the time, if done right it will go around in rather neutral state somewhere on the verge of oversteer and understeer at the same time. Sometimes it feels like it oversteers and you should correct, but you shouldn't do that, it is good sport to understand when to let it oversteer and when to neutralise it. When inertia of rear end is forcing to turn the car around gently you should work together with it. Sometimes you can take the turns without any steering, just keeping the steering straight, with minor corrections. Sometimes it is even useful to do slight quick turn into a corner (while car is oversteering !), this way you add up more slip angle at rear and this helps to prolong to oversteer till the exit of the turn, which otherwise would end too early and ruin the flow of 911S extremes, or even turn into understeer or some other nonsense.

If you want to cause (guaranteed) oversteer (at your own risk) you can use some more aggressive engine braking. Or/and lift off throttle abruptly and do sudden steer into a turn. Rrear end will start pulling out and if it is not enough and you need more slide, just max out the throttle. The car is not very powerful so to keep wheels spinning you might usually need to give it all throttle, but modulation of throttle also might be needed in some situations. Have in mind that there is actually quite a bit of grip at the rear, because of mechanical downforce due to weight distribution + weight transfer when accelerating, so once it grips up be sure to have it steering at the right direction because it can tankslap more than others.

Oh, and the steering is quite light. So you can be quick with it, because you'll need fast hands. Don't forget that you are not alone steering this car, the engine at the very back of it also does that.

A video literally abot drving 911, slighly different one, but still pretty much same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_YDSgRa1U&t

A guy with strange steering habbits spins out gracefully at interesting track:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVFhTgO6eM&t

jimagn likes this.
  19. Emery

Emery Registered

Bristow's 911 physics for the WSGT rF1 mod have been the best IMHO. Highly recommend having at look at it.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you, I did have a thought to look if there was some good mod of this car for rF1. Perhaps there would be some youtube video, for a general impression ? I don't think I ever had it. I think I had historicX years ago, and I think there was 911S. But I just don't remember, my only memory from it is 300SL that didn't handle at all, but I am not 100% sure that it was from HistoricX.

It would be useful to get calssics like rF1, RBR and LFS back on my PC.