Released BMW M2 CS Racing released!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Dec 5, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The speed feels good too? Or is it very slow?

2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Anyone else with this very early and too strong ABS forcefeedback?
    I get such a strong wheel reaction when I brake normal, like when I drive an bmw gt3 and totally stomp the brake... The FFB almost kills my wheelbase (fanatec dd1). This can't be normal.

Or has this something to do with the brake pressure (if this is adjustable, I don't know I'm new to rF2)?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the M2 with traction control included is a beast, if you take away the traction control it is a pass, I mean the real one .... that of rfactor, is a disappointment.
    The sound is fine, the interior is fine too
    the porsche cup is by far the best rfactor car for me

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

5. sedesa tatasa

sedesa tatasa Registered

ABS effect ffb is too strong.

6. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I have good amount of vibrations during braking, but it feels nice imo.
    I'm using simucube. Maybe you need to change some settings, or maybe your rig is making noise? I don't think such vibrations would do any damage to DD wheel.

HomieFFM likes this.
  7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Seriously, too much fun (red jelly bean :cool:). It's like driving my old bush basher, drifting around corners and just all round fun. For me, worth the $8.12 (two thumbs up). The still shot in the video a couple of posts up says it all. That's how I've been driving it (goes through tyres really quick when I do :D)
    Thanks S397 another winner for me.

Oh BTW I have a Fanatec CSW and the brakes do make the wheel jump, but so does making the car grab when in a slide (sort of bounces) Might want to play with suspension and tyre pressure if you're having trouble. Me, I'm loving that, so will leave my setup the way it is.

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

There simply is no ABS FFB effect in rF2. What you feel is the tire scubbing on the road. And guys do you really think this FFB effect will kill your DD wheels? :D You have absolutly no clue what you are talking about :D Do you really think that a little bit of rumbling can kill you base? Better you leave your wheel powered off

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

at the end of the video it disables the stability control, then it is when it is more fun, look at the end of the video the control, but with that included it has a lot of strength, in rfactor I do not see similar

10. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Apologies if I've missed it somewhere, but is this car manual or sequential? And, if sequential,stick or paddles?

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The automatic double clutch transmission, the 6-speed manual, has cams and lever ,,, both

jayarrbee36 and memoNo1 like this.
  12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Gave the car a spin around the Ring last nite and it's proper fun. To start the car seems well polished. Seat position at 0,0 is right on, mirrors all set correctly, sound is very S55ish, base setup is very nice (just a hint of understeer but it doesn't take much to make it a bit loose) and telemetry looks good as well. While driving I find the FFB very informative, the brakes locking do give a nice informative tug on the wheel. I have a AF2 and run this car with the same multiplier as all other S397 cars without issue. You def can't expect to mash the brake pedal and expect it to stick, the 50% brake force setting in base set is a good hint. The car is a lot of fun around the Ring, yes it's low on power but it does force you to get your lines right as just missing it a little and hitting a bump can make the car move by a car width and get you in trouble. The car might b easy to drive (as I think GT4 like cars are) but to extract it's full potential is tricky. The challenge is not to tame it's power but to up your precision. Thanks S397, much appreciated.
    TK

P.S. Also forgot to mention the AI do a real nice job

13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Yes I know the vibrations are there, I have also a nice feeling with every other car (abs or tire rubbing) but with this one the rumbling starts very early, not even pushing the brakes very hard, but I guess that's how it is, since rF2 doesn't use any plastic effects :)
    I'm gonna make a short video of it tonight, but some other mentioned the same thing.

DrivingFast likes this.
  14. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

A pass for me but it sounds like S397 did another great job with this one for the ones interested. So good job S397!

15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

My street car fix!! Thank you!!

memoNo1 likes this.
  16. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

It's a race car though

17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Besides shocks and tires what else is different?

memoNo1 likes this.
  18. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Just tested the car in a short race on Nürburgring Sprint. Very nice car, very torquey engine especially in low revs, but fun to drive. Just the AI was imho a bit disappointing. On difficulty 100 (usually challenging enough for me in a casual race without training or setup) it was way too easy to beat them, they were two or three seconds slower per lap.

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yep!
    This vehicle can indeed only be recommended!
    It's really fun.
    I just rode 2x2 laps of NoS Endurance with it. Now I'm full.
    This part rocks!
    Definitely worth every penny !

S397 keep it on!

20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I might raise the ride height and soften the suspension and call it a street car?:D
    Be nice to have some straight color liveries.

memoNo1 likes this.