Released The Tatuus Pack is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Mauro

Mauro Registered

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Decompress the update with the templates, remove the VEH that you don't want and make a rfcmp update of the base car. Make the mod with your update and it will work.
    The problem is if S397 update the car in the middle of the champ.
    You'll have to repack your rfcmp changing the number of the "Update from" an make a new mod

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Yeah i already did exactly this, it works, but let's hope s397 will divide them in two different packages since it's sure now they are different cars.

lagg likes this.
  4. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Finally had a chance to test the two cars again, and I agree with the above. I have to say I was a bit skeptic as there was no mention of any differences in the announcement (even if they appear as different cars in the UI car selection), but IMO these cars do behave slightly different. It makes sense that the cars are not exactly the same IRL as well though. I’m a bit confused by the fact that setup options and default values are exactly the same for both cars, even if the Asia oversteers while the WSK understeers

Anyway, this discovery is helpful. I thought both cars were the same, and my conclusion was they understeered a bit too much by default. Glad the F3 Asia car is more fun out of the box than I thought!

5. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Where could one find explanations for the rear suspension position settings?

Remember Formula Renault 3.5 came with the document included in the announcement when it was released a while back.

6. Daniele Vidimari

If you look in the showroom of one of the Tatuus (maybe two, but i don't remember which one) there is each setting with the explanation, and they all seems to share the same settings so we can suppose they do the same thing.
    I asked the same when the pack got released but i never received an answer, and i don't understand why the explainations are only in some cars.

Edit
    I checked and the descriptions are present only in the PM-18.

Emery likes this.
  7. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

The descriptions should really be in all the Tatuus cars IMO.

8. Daniele Vidimari

Of course, that's my point :D

9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Yes I know my reply was directed more at the devs. ;)

10. Magus

Magus Registered

Really disappointed the flat spotting feature of rF2 tyres has been decreased so much that it is virtually impossible to flat spot the tyres on any of these cars.

This for me is a BIG step back in rF2 physics simulation. PLEASE S397, we want to simulate reality of racing, don't listen to the squeaky wheels complaining about vibrations in their wheels.

I was blown away by this feature when I first experienced the phenomena in ISI's rF2.
    Please consider bringing it back.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The flat spotting is still there, but, as you stated, in decreased form. However, why do you think they made the change? Most likely due to feedback from here and other social user media gathering spots. Ping-Ponging back and forth rarely occurs.

12. Magus

Magus Registered

I can drive these car at full speed and slam on the brakes as hard as possible causing full lock. I can do this 3 or 4 times and barely feel any flat spotting. The steering wheel should be vibrating so much that it would be unbearable to drive and require a change of tyres. This is no longer so.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I understand you, but it was kind of exagerated, it should be there, but lighter...

When that happened i needed to pit immediately because the noise was impossible to maintain for too long or i'll wake my neighborhood :D

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you sure that should be the case with that car, on those tyres?

15. Magus

Magus Registered

In all honesty I don't know but I would assume so if you were to abuse slicks like that.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You know what they say about assumption, right?

If (If!) there is little enough load, and/or the tyres are hard enough, the flatspots will be less severe. That may or may not be the case here. I'd say at this stage you and I don't know, and therefore can't say whether they're right or not.

17. Magus

Magus Registered

My only advice to you is to take any of these cars on a track with a long straight & abuse the tyres by constantly locking them over and over again. Tell me if your logic prevails. S397 have tuned down the flat spotting effect on the tyres, I think they have gone too far. While I appreciate it may have been a little too much for the liking of some previously, for my liking, it is too low now.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If I can offer one piece of advice to you: when you're replying to someone, press "Reply" so they get a notification. Just posting in the thread gives them no idea you've said anything to them.

As for my logic, I don't know how you can claim the logic is wrong. If you turn off tyre wear you don't get flatspots, because the tyres don't wear. If the tyres are extremely soft (and you have wear on) you will get larger and more extreme flatspots than if they are hard.

So, the severity of the flatspots on the tyres depends on the softness of the rubber, the load on the tyres when skidding, and the length (time) of the skid. How much you feel the flatspots will then depend on the suspension and steering geometry.

You don't know how soft the tyres are, I doubt you're measuring loads or time, and I don't think you're familiar enough with the vehicle(s) to judge the expected level of feedback. I don't think it's anything but logical to suggest that you can't reasonably judge the effect on flatspots given all that, especially when your measure is limited to what you're feeling through your steering wheel. If you argue otherwise I'll have to assume you're trolling.

Now, you haven't specified a particular vehicle, so I took a random stab at the FT-50 and took it out on Indianapolis, shoved the brake bias to the front (65:35), got up to 230kph then slammed on the brakes to a stop. If you're curious, the fronts didn't lock up until I was doing 167kph (I had warmed the brakes somewhat while trundling around to the back straight, so they weren't cold).

I then rolled forward very slowly and could see the effect of the flatspots, with the front of the vehicle bobbing downwards each tyre rotation. Telemetry reports my front ride height sitting at 29mm, hitting troughs of 27.5mm at each rotation, so 1.5mm deflection. I imagine the floor at the front undertray points is back a little from the front tyres so there's probably more movement at the suspension (and tyre) position, but the momentum of the body may also exaggerate the effect, so it'll be ballpark.

Speeding up a bit there was some indication of flatspotting, then into T3 and turning the effect was quite strong. Gauging the oscillations by eye in motec I'm seeing around 60% variance on straights (+30% to -30%) and 90% (+50% to -40%) in corners. That's on 1.0 FFB Mult for the car.

Is that less than <car x> on a similar lockup? I don't know. Is it unrealistic? I don't know. Do you?

19. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes on 1.0FFB with the option of tyre wear normal, I'd say the effect is not pronounced enough in translation to the FFB to my wheel.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Based on what? (and did you not see what I said about replying???)