Own car category entry for updated rfcmp

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Felix Schendel, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi all,

at the moment I'm trying to get an updated rfcmp for the 911 Cup where only the Supercup upgrade is available but the default liveries from S397. The only problem I face at the moment is that the default (Porsche/Porsche 911 GT3 CUP) gets overwritten by my updated rfcmp. How is it possible to have my own entry e.g. "My Supercup League/Porsche/Porsche 911 GT3 Cup" in the car selection list?

I allready tried to add the category in the .veh files but this didn't work.

Thanks for your help!

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I don't understand completely what you want to do and have done exactly, but it normally should be possible to keep the original cars and add your own selection in the menu, if you take the veh files from the cars that you want to use, rename the veh files, change the "Description=..." entry and set the "category=" entry to your needs.
    Additionally you can also set a new "Classes=" entry, to have a separate filter in the opponents list.
    And to use own skins, adapt the entry "DefaultLivery=" too.

3. RockShark

RockShark Registered

Make sure you upgrade is for the lower of the two cup car packages. It’s the even number from memory.

4. Felix Schendel

Hi first of all thank you for your help.

I try to explain again what my goal of all this is. I would like to use the porsche 911 GT3 Cup for a online legue race with default liveries.

My problem: The fixed upgrades setting for the dedicated server isn't working. So users could choose also the Endurance settings.

My workaround: I extracted all the data from the 1.25 Porsche GT3 Cup upgrade.mas. I removed all the other entries than the supercup from the upgrades.ini. Packed everything to a new mas file. I made a update .rfcmp from the 1.24 Version of the Porsche with my new generated .mas file. After that the S397 Porsche GT3 Cup is gone and only my upgrade Porsche is left.

This solved my problem but now it's not longer possible to have the default Porsche Cup as long as you remove the my updated rfcmp. To have both Version I tried to add a new catergory in the .veh files of the Porsche but this didn't work.

My goal: I would like to have my own category and the default category from S397 with the same liveries. Difference of these 2 are the different upgrade options in the tuning menu.

I hope this describes my porblem better. Thanks again for your help guys.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What happens when you do what i have written above + that you add a new upgrades.ini with only the entries that you want to keep and with another file name than the original upgrades.ini.
    And you of course have to link the new upgrades.ini in the new veh files.
    And now, build an update rfcmp, but from the 1.25 instead of 1.24.
    Does that work?

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@fexee I was curious and have made a one car update rfcmp, that uses the Cup upgrade only, has it's own class in the opponents filter and the original skin.
    The original Cup is still available.
    If you want, try it out, if it's that what you want.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Felix Schendel likes this.
  7. Felix Schendel

@Bernd thanks for your help and advices. I'll try it out later today.