Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Yes. But I suppose that this is a solution for online players and that it does not solve the offline freezes.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Looking back a few pages, you posted a video about freezes at Spa. That particular Spa is a poorly converted track from another game, with that track it's actually a "feature" that the physics thread freezes a bit before Eau Rouge. I believe it's related to a poorly constructed collision mesh. Anyway, I was just wondering if you are pointing to this Spa freeze still or something else.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I've lost days of my life figuring out the freezes problem on my PC... When this happen, ignore the track, it happens no matter the content you're using, official or non-official...

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It was for offline and online.

5. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Not only in Spa. It also happened to me in Lemans (official) and in Sebring, but only when I ran with one of the Tatus.

I don't think the problem is the Spa mesh, since that was the track I used the most and there were no freezes with any other car, not even with mods. Only with the Tatus.

6. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Hopefully it has been solved for the single player too. I will reinstall rF2 to test. Thanks for the info.

7. Linus Lundvall

Linus Lundvall Registered

8. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

I edited the player.json file on our server
    "RealTimeLogging":1,

But not log *.csv file after races, only practice files are in Log folder
    for example
    Misano World Circuit Grand Prix P1 47_V5__RealTimeLogging_PT.csv

9. Seb P

Seb P Registered

I don't think this'll help much, my mic wasn't working during a race, so I unplugged it. When I put it back in, I had a screen freeze. Doubt that's causing much issues for everyone else though

10. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

Our server didn't make csv log file about race

11. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Mine has been freezing for months.
    It freezes a lot and all the time.
    I have changed the graphics (RTX2070) CPU - i9-9900, reinstalled the game, make sure background things running is a minimum.
    If anyone can help, as I don't want to jump ship, but I can't play.

Attached Files:

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@TheSecret1 please create a new thread so people can help. We shouldn't discuss specific cases in here.

13. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

I had a five second freeze during the VEC race Saturday just gone.

Attached Files:

14. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Had a system hang at Lime Rock in Tatuus 17 that I think is due to physics so am posting my log here. (I was using the new UI, Haven't had a hang like this for quite some time in the old UI but several in the new)
    I also had this windows event error:
    application error.jpg
    and an Nvidia error at the same time. "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    hope you can help with this, maybe some info about the Next Level Plugin?
    You had a bunch of plugins that were on the naughty list, would like to know where Next Level fits in that?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  16. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

So apparently in the latest builds there's been a major shift in how freezes are handled, where a car no longer freezes in place with the screen, rather continues on, meaning that soon as the screen unfreezes you will usually find yourself in some wall, or in any case, further down the road while steering blind.
    I've had this happen to me quite often of late and while my i5 4460 may be getting a little long in the tooth, I am still getting well in excess of 100fps on most any track at all times.
    Latest incident during this online practice session, did not involve cars joining/leaving.
    From the outside it looks like I just lost the car and went into the wall, except I know I got a 1+ second freeze that caused it.
    Position on replay 1995
    https://mega.nz/#!wz5DgQ7b!SG5gmjLMz2iAaUo0nujFMhmqrlZMCQkkDU4GmzRGemc

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@christos_Swc a graphical freeze has always done that. A physics freeze cannot do that. Unfortunately when it comes to freezes/stutters it can be difficult to communicate or recognise what sort of freeze it is.

18. Christos Segkounas

That's interesting.
    This is the kind of freeze I got when I played AMS, in RF2 it NEVER happened, it was always a "physics" freeze.
    Suddenly no more physics freezes and lots of frustrating graphics freezes, out of nowhere, the situation is reversed 100% so far.
    It's not reasonable to think that my system grew old overnight, I think, especially seeing as I have reduced the graphic options a little bit, just to make sure I am not being marginal on the system.
    In fact my graphics card (Nitro 580 RX 8MB) is far more modern than my cpu for this sudden shift to make any sense, especially seeing as it is still comfortably handling the workload with very high fps.
    In any case, since I am not running an Abacus of a PC I feel I need to give the feedback, I would expect a much smoother experience and you don't want this happening during a race.

19. 006

006 Registered

I have experienced this same change.

20. Christos Segkounas

I should add that, while previously we got physics freezes online, what I am getting now is graphics freezes BOTH on and offline.
    Got some monster freezes while driving offline and that never used to be the case.
    And they are always "catastrophic" in nature, resulting in car damage.