[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I haven't driven either in a while, so I'll have to go back and try again.

From I remember, I think the AMS ones have too much rear grip to what they 'should' but then I've never driven a real one

mesfigas likes this.
  2. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

5 star mod, quality sounds, looks, and driving

buzz hornet, Corti and Feralarri like this.
  3. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Just a little question, maybe i´m blind, but are there any templates for the cars?^^

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Should be in the folder that your subscription downloaded to in the Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\ directory.

Edit:Mine are in the sub folder 1607777295.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    bears and Corti like this.
  5. Binny

Binny Guest

just seen the fvr 2019 mod on steam

Sebastien Sestacq and pascom like this.
  6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Drives fantastic! Sound is also real good. :)
    The seatposition could be more adjustable
    Many thx for this wonderful mod.

7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I'm not a fan of V8 supercars but with your new mod 2019 I've become a fan of V8's!! very good work thank you all keep up the good work!!!

pascom and philmcqueen like this.
  8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

why i feel this is the best mod for RF 2 ?

9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

:eek: What ? Not a fan of V8s ? hows that even possible ? Never seen this bigships racing ? ... pffff :D

pascom and philmcqueen like this.
  10. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

yeah, i noticed seating at 0/0 isn't correctly positioned on some models.

11. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

I´m sure it´s because is a bit to frenchy :)

Ok...I´m fired :D:D:D:D

Sebastien Sestacq and pascom like this.
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

WOW, FVR you've done a great job on the newly released 2019 series V8's. Being a ford fan I'm having a ball in the Mustang.
    Thank you. Keep up the great work.
    Oh and I love that you got the icons in as well (thumbs up) and the templates too :D

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Just had an initial [brief] test of all three models.
    Have to say they look absolutely fantastic. They sound excellent too.
    Cars on default drive very predictably. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, yet?
    Only used the softs & the wear seems high (percentage-wise) as I only tested them
    at Lakeside, which is fairly short.
    Agree that the seat positions need checking.
    Will give more feedback when I've tested a few more things at on a few different types of circuits...
    My initial assessment is mostly positive though, just need more time to ascertain if it's series-worthy,
    or if I think the RSM mod stays as the favoured Supercars mod amongst the online clans...

Corti likes this.
  14. Binny

Binny Guest

hey guys in the v8s you sit more to the center not to the side like a road car.

15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Are physics different from 2018s?

16. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Yes there may be some changes in the physics from 2018 not major just some little tweaks

Corti, avenger82 and Akela_DE like this.
  17. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Ok, christmas is over. there is this yellow line where it doesn't belong ;)

upload_2019-12-27_16-59-41.png

philmcqueen likes this.
  18. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Ok. I decided to give the FVR mod a decent appraisal, also comparing it against the RSM mod. I put both through their paces at Adelaide, working on extremes of setups & testing physics, setup changes, brakes, temps etc (whilst stretching beyond their limits to see how 'realistic' they were when pushed to breaking point). For the experiment, I used both commodore models, for no other reason except they are my preferred option when racing.
    Here is a breakdown of some findings:
    Models: The FVR models have always looked excellent & these models are no exception. A few slight imperfections, but only noticeable if you really go looking for them.
    Sounds: Both mods sound great, but I think FVR gets the nod, just, as the sounds really match the speed & gearing, providing that little bit extra to immersion.

Engine: This is where RSM has the slight edge! The low end torque curve is better in the RSM mod. Probably not as realistic as the FVR engine model(???), but provides the wheelspin that a Supercar 'needs'. The FVR probably needs a slight increase to the torque curve at the lower end to get adequate wheelspin (not to the extent of the RSM mod, but enough to pass the ' doughnut' test with the taller Bathurst diff).

Physics: This is the biggie for me. Not sure if there were issues with the older Falcon & Commodore models, but the physics really work well on this car. You feel like you are diving a heavy car, but the steering is now predictable, where in previous versions there were anomalies that made the handling of the car unpredictable at times. I was forcing the steering wheel left and right rapidly at speed, oversteering into spins, understeer corrections etc and the car behaved as it should, with none of those 'WTF just happened' moments like the old FVR models used to inexplicably do. A massive improvement because of this. Is it better than the RSM mod in this regard? I would say 'yes' but further testing on multiple tracks is needed to confirm this.

Setup variables: Really well done. When you change a variable, the changes affect the car's performance in the manner expected. I extreme tested all variables, cambers, caster, bumps & rebounds, tyre pressures etc and all worked well. The brake behaved well, and became spongy when extra blanking was applied and they overheated. Oil & water temps overheated the car when radiator blanking was maxed out & the engine expired after about 6 1/2 laps of punishment. Fuel burn is about right & fuel refil is much more realistic than the RSM mod (about 35 secs for a full tank, compared to about 16 for the RSM mod). Tyre changes were about 8 secs for all 4 tyres.

Tyres: Only tested the softs. They seemed to wear well at Adelaide. I will have to throw the car around at SMP to get a better idea of wear rates, but the cornering response at Adelaide was really good.

So, what is the verdict? Both mods have their strengths and weaknesses. Which one is better? For me, the FVR has improved to the point of perhaps pipping the RSM mod overall, because of the improvements to the physics. Will that make it more popular in the online communities? Perhaps not! I think further improvements will be required to force clans and their drivers to want to shift back to FVR. They're a loyal lot and it will take a bit more to convince clans this the way forward. It will also be interesting to see what happens to the RSM mod when they update their models...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    avenger82 and mesfigas like this.
  19. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

just seen the fvr 2019 mod on steam
    I must be missing something I can only see 2018 on steam.

20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So I'm not the only one.