I I Cant keep up with the Porsche GT3 cup VLN on the straights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlaycock, Nov 23, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

That's what i meant...let's just shorten it: expectations are too high, because they were raised this far.
    I'm looking forward to the new UI, whenever it will be released, but too many people are now expecting a gamechanger, because of all the delaying.

A search function for cars and tracks, that i've seen, is a gamechanger, at least for me, though, but it isn't that of a big deal for many others. We will see.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Sometimes a gamechanger is something difficult to see.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Good UI is an UI that doesn't require memorizing schemes. You don't need to remember how to send a setup to a guy. You don't need to know where to look for settiings for AA. You don't need to double check which tuning option you have selected before going on track.

If new UI does all this, which is making whole experience as intuitive as possible it will be already a partial success. To me for it to be a complete success it has to become a powerhouse. Simple for people who don't care much about memorizing where everything is, yet highly powerful to those who want to spend 6 days a week on this, working in a team with others, with simple telemetry readings from your own car or team's car, promised possibility to change setups on the fly on cars that are running on track and have those changes applied on car as soon as they pit or press esc.

And then one of the biggest problems of old UI. It being slow and the longer you used it the slower it got.

ilgrillo likes this.
  4. CrimsonEminence

I absolutely agree with that...nothing else said.^^

The only Sim, that gets the UI thing right for me, is RaceRoom btw. I also get along pretty well with AMS, but this is just, because it is basically GTR2/F1 Challenge on steroids, but also this UI is pretty clunky.

But we're getting OT here, i think.^^

Narrowbackwing and Ronnie like this.
  5. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

"Hidden Functions?" There is no such thing as that in the game. I bought this game many years ago and it is as simple as pie to navigate. For those who find it difficult I wonder how astute that may actually be.

6. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Why do "you" always have to be so offensive on the Internet?
    I don't really understand what is in "your" astute brain.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Questions don't get asked for no reason.

But can't expect the UI to be magic on first release, S397 already indicated it won't be. Anyone disappointed by that is deluding themselves.

8. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

? What did I say that was so offensive? I am offended that you are offended... If one can think for themselves, this UI we have now is as simple as pie to learn. Some areas are a little redundant but overall it works great and is easy to use. I am no rocket scientist and had no issue learning it on my own. If people find the UI too difficult and cumbersome to navigate, than learning cars and improving setups will indeed be too daunting a task for them.

9. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Again. An arrogant way to be on internet. You all seem like the same person. But it's a common behaviour, unfortunately.

David Kolody likes this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

Take your own advice

11. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Please go troll someone else. I am not biting.

12. CrimsonEminence

This is on the base of interpretation and if someone's new to ISI-based simulations...I just say driver change, sending setups under "Vote", sending setups specifically to one person on the server, showroom is named "Tuning" aaaaaand bonus round:
    Pressing "Upshift" and "Downshift" paddle together switches the car to neutral. :D (Nice to have and not to find in the other popular titles, afaik)

Everything is documented very clearly (not) :rolleyes: Oh wait...we find an outdated manual...made by the community.
    But this is not rF2 exclusive, like i mentioned already.

Ronnie, Narrowbackwing and ilgrillo like this.
  13. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

That is true. I found what these things were by looking them up. I did say the UI is not up to modern standards for some, but the vast majority of it is 100% functional in my eyes. Btw, rF2 is the first ISI based game I have bought.

For me the biggest mystery I found about only by reading forums was the adjustable json files and their many options in this game. I love how much can be tweaked and have to my preferences.

I noticed that around the time game developers slowly started releasing games on both disc and digital before ditching the disc method completely, is when insrtuction manuals started going the way of the Do Do bird.

14. CrimsonEminence

My first ISI based game was F1-Challenge 99-02 and it had a thin manual/quick guide in the package. This whole UI structure was totally clear after reading it. With more functions, like rF2 has, it is more deep and has some functionality, but it isn't powerful, or comfortable by using and navigating it. You get used to everything, but some things are better, to have at least documentation. You have to look for it in forums and googling things, instead of just having a manual or even one of these "Did you know" things in the loading screens. :D

15. twinrix

twinrix Registered

One question about the original question of this topic: So if i want to race against the Cup endurance ai i have to force the setup for each car and each track seperately? Thats a real lots of clicking around :)

ilgrillo likes this.
  16. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

To get back in topic - but the thread is inspiring! - S397 have sold for months official cars that are in a list of the UI.
    Now, they offer their Porsche 911 GT3 Cup in an Endurance Pack, and the user expects to find it in that list.
    But... There isn't!
    And in the official press release, wrote in a pure marketing style, there's no hint for the "hidden function" of "Force Setup" under "Tuning".
    And if I go on Steam searching for a manual... there isn't one.
    And if I grab that one posted on Race Department, there's no mention to "Force Setup".

I understand who knows rF2 at his fingertips after hours of usage and hours of "combing through" blogs, and forums, and threads not answered.
    But this is not the best way to include new users.

17. lagg

lagg Registered

This is not the topic.
    The topic is I Cant keep up with the Porsche GT3 cup VLN on the straights

18. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Yes. You’re right.

19. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Probably it needs one time for each car, but then you have to remember all the cars that have the forced setup to bring back them the originally Cup specs.

20. twinrix

twinrix Registered

Exactly, there should be an easier way than this. Oh well, the UI will fix this i am sure :)