Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Filters to prevent the use of the "Endurance" upgrades at the server level have been forgotten.

zxd1997, RoWo, VirusGR42 and 3 others like this.
  2. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Thank you very very much for the updates for the Cup Porsches. Now you can really get the Nordschleife experience with the GT3 cup.
    2 wishes for the next update. Please make a separate class for the endurance Porsches so we can select them as a separate AI class. Aaaand please tell me what the difference between endurance 1 and endurance 2 package is.

3. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Thank you for updating the Porsche Cup. However, it would have been good to remember the differences between the different pack of supercup, endurance 1 and endurance 2, in the exhibition hall. To find out exactly who does what?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

At 0:10 of the video in the first post you can see the new shaders on cars prevent contrast. Its too much brightness when cars are in shadows. Under the car the SSAO/baked shadow is really dark but the car itself is like brightness is upped to insane levels and contrast lowered. Is there a possibility you can tweak it, S397?

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Its not the shadow that is too dark. Its the car shaders that are too bright. The whole car should have much more contrast and be darker in that shot. The new shaders have a "layer" (or what you call it) that pick up too much light. Some colors from certain angles when light hit it make it "white" instead of seeing the color, and when the cars are in shadows they look like the contrast is pushed way down and the brightness way up. Like light brighten the cars too much. Its not seen in all conditions though. Hopefully S397 can tweak the shader to minimize this effect.

lagg likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Bought this car but its not showing up in inventory. Never happened before. Any ideas? Restarted Steam but still not there.

EDIT: Noticed now it doesnt even say "In Steam Library" when i click the car at the store page...

NVM. Steam wallet stuff. Had to go back and buy the car after i filled the wallet. Never had to do that before lol. All good. :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  7. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Time to jump in this discussion :D
    What do you think in terms of the endurance kits and the car using it? It's a great idea to me and important for proper Nords stuff.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

ABS is babymode, the softer suspension is gold though :D
    Less power is good, when driving in a field with GT3, or you grill the GT3 on the Döttinger Höhe with the top speed.

Attacking Sebring or NoS without endurance kits in the Cup is the final boss, like i mentioned before, so having a tame version of this car also helps, to make it less exhausting to drive over time.

9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

The Caymans of the GT4 are as fast as the GT3, if not faster :). Hope we can figure that out with the next update ;)

A lot of fun driving the Cup Porsche. 40mins of pure enjoyment. This car is excellent.

makan likes this.
  10. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Thanks to the pandemic and obligation to stay at home, I dusted my rig off and decided to restart RF2.
    I have been appealed by this Porsche Cup; I was liking iRacing version and got a certain experience with the real one (not behind the wheel unfortunately).
    So, I bought it, started the engine ........ and spinned as soon as I touched the brake pedal. After 10 disastrous tries, back to the pits.
    I tried to apply a setup inspired by that of the real car.
    Night and day! from hell to heaven! almost
    Main difference is on toe: much more toe out at front and much less toe in at rear are mandatory to make this car work correctly.
    I don't understand why it's delivered with such totally off setup.

Then we may do some comments on tyres pressures even if it's a well known issue in RF2. . It's especially depressing here. In the real car, very precise pressure management is one of the key parameters to be dealed with. Why S397 don't disclose at least a pressure range for hot tyres? I only know this car doesn't work with real hot pressure, around 1,8-1,9b.
    3 last points
    - In real car, differential can't be adjusted but here we can. Strange.
    - I'm missing a useful feature available in iRacing: weight per wheel. In a car without ABS, having well balanced car is mandatory. Unfortunately here we're blind.

But overall I must admit I enjoy this car.

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@nounoubleu Thanks for the information mate !!!
    btw differential is not adjustable here only preload

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    CrimsonEminence likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So when you adjust preload what part of the car are you adjusting?
    I always thought it was the diff.

13. CrimsonEminence

It's basically a diff adjustment, yes, but it's "just" the unlocking on torque difference threshold to the here homologated values on coast and power settings, i think, most users associate the significant diff settings with the last two mentioned things.
    But yes, pre-load can be a very effective tool, to influence driving/diff behaviour, already.

atomed and mesfigas like this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we adjust the locked values
    at least thats what i understand since the coast and power are locked
    its a fine tuning but without the ability to adjust each of differential values (power-coast)

15. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

In real world similar adjustment is possible and allowed on Cup series, it's up to you how worn out friction discs you use, more worn makes less effective preload, mint discs makes higher preload.
    Altering actual cone shims isn't allowed, those are actual preload setup irl, but even those can be used ones, but there's exact limits how much shims can be worn.
    rF2 allowing alter discs is excellent choice for realism.

marmagas, atomed and TJones like this.
  16. franser

franser Registered

I'm at home because of the pandemic and decided to try this car more, it changes the driving a lot from a green track to a track with a lot of tires. It is fantastic to drive, you have to be very precise with the pedals and the steering wheel, it is one of the best cars recreated in the simulator and it is my favorite.

17. franser

franser Registered

Exactly if we look at videos of this car recorded with a helmet camera you can see the similarity, the onboard videos generally the cameras use filters to harmonize the internal sound of the car

18. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Registered

I like your work guys but will u update the 911 CUP and 911 GT3R Sound someday? because it doesnt sound real. the RSR sound is quite perfect

19. CrimsonEminence

Interior or exterior?

20. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Registered

Interior.. Doesnt sound real.. thats a little shame for me :( because im a hardcore Porsche fan :D will check and compare the exterior with videos of real cars today :rolleyes: