So what's next ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tommy2Fingers, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

next track ?
    next cars ?
    any hints ?

2. pascom

pascom Registered

UI!!!

:D

pkelly and Tommy2Fingers like this.
  3. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Fix the bugs first!

makan, TOCA2FREAK, Akela_DE and 8 others like this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1

Maybe after more than a year finally the GT3?

Viggdred and GoldenBear like this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

My wish would be to prioritize rF2 developments on physics and realism.

This does not mean, of course, giving up all the tasks in progress, just that certain tasks like physics must be given higher priority than others, and the current priorities of S397 are not 100% the priorities desired by all users.

I would also like a lot of performance improvement, especially in VR.

That's what I want next, even if isn't what's plan buy S397.

TJones likes this.
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

What i 'd love to see is:

1) Physics prioritization
    2) More dlc's in cars and (or) tracks
    3) Better rain effects - like ACC (i do not know though if current engine supports it)

I don't know why but almost ALL of the ΝΟΝ paid cars (in steam workshop) are crap; Only 2-3 of them worth downloading (some miatas, datsun 510 sedan, toyota ta-22, vw funcup etc). I can also see clearly the lack of a good FWD car (like clio's) while all of the paid cars are RWD. So, yes, a good FWD car (as a base) is a must!

Tommy2Fingers likes this.
  7. J7166

J7166 Registered

Other than the UI, I hope what's next is for S397 to UNDO the Lemans BoP for the GTE cars. That's all I want for Christmas.

GoldenBear likes this.
  8. Binny

Binny Guest

hoping for UI for xmas, comp system 1st quarter of the NEW YR, will take anything else as a BONUS.

pkelly likes this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

What's next?
    After UI and Competition system, everyting but GTs, please.

10. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Having teased us with "top secret projects" on Content in the last Roadmap, I think in the next one they'll reveal... nothing. Because it'll be all about the new UI.

Having said which, they must have come up with some licenses and deals, because basically the company is being funded by producing content and not much else. They might get some revenue in future running B2B-type competitions, but we're aways from that.

So, tracks: two basic options - either go with popular ones, or go with tracks no other sims have. Track record so far on paid DLC, go for the most popular tracks you can - LeMans, Nurbs, Sebring etc. My money would therefore go on modern Spa, modern Monza and Watkins Glen or Road America (these are the most popular tracks on iRacing, consistently). Let's say they take a balanced approach - one popular, followed by one less common. We know they have Portland, so lets think of some other tracks that no other sims have. Assen would be a good choice for a Dutch company. Then we've got Algarve/Estoril/Jarama/Jerez from Portugal/Spain, Paul Ricard, perennially under-represented. Mexico City, Mont Tremblant or Toronto/Trois Rivieres from North America.

So, cars or more likely I should say, manufacturers. I don't see them doing more prototypes: LMP1 is dead, HyperCar not here yet, they already have LMP2/LMP3mso getting Ligier seems limited use, or even Dallara though that gives them more options. I don't really see more GT3 cars, nor DTM or GT300/GT500 cars at this stage. So things are pretty open for GT4 and most likely, TCR. I think Alan Gow still wants a BTCC-specific complete game. I'd have plumped for the VW-Audi group to hand over some CAD models, but they've now decided they don't want to promote gas/petrol powered motorsport within VW brand. Might we get some sort of e-TCR? I think that would be a distinct possibility, and something they could pair with their Formula E stuff. We already know iRacing have a GT4 Porsche coming so there's not much value in just doing the same. So we might get some smaller manufacturer like a Panoz to scratch that itch, which would mirror what they did with Norma in LMP3. While Sector3 have all the TCR cars, there's value in good FWD cars for close racing and the BTCC Honda we have is long in the tooth. So my money for a manufacturer tie-up is.... Huyundai.

bobbie424242 and DrivingFast like this.
  11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

-Fix Bug
    -work & rework sounds
    -UI/competition system
    -tracks

12. Emery

Emery Registered

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hopefully the UI will be out shortly.
    An overhaul of physics to ensure rFactor2 stays ahead of the rest for many years to come...
    Once that is out of the way, I'd like to see S397 acquire licences to add to the GT3 line up (Huracan & 488, plus the Lexus, Acura, and maybe the GTR & Cadillac???).
    The rFactor ISI F1 1971 cars brought into rF2 (i suppose that would require a licence from F1?).
    A 1960s/70s tin top series.
    Get the older ISI/3PA tracks upgraded (Bathurst, Malaysia, Mills, Portugal, Loch Drummond etc...)?
    Additional official track content that would be nice: Modern Spa, Phillip Island, Laguna Seca and Barcelona...

bwana and Tommy2Fingers like this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

New shaders/materials/settings for tracks is what I would like to see after the UI.

Filip likes this.
  15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

16. lagg

lagg Registered

pascom likes this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

Wow , none of slowmo,s creations , 32 pixels, and a few others.. boy your hard to please.

McKiernan and AMillward like this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

It's easy to call the work of others "crap".

Dookie, Spyro, bwana and 3 others like this.
  19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

RFT 2013
    SlowMo GP3
    Apex Indy
    Apex GT3
    FVR V8 Supercars
    Slide 1996
    1986 by Wiggum

That's just off the top of my head.

Tommy2Fingers and bwana like this.
  20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

What comes to mind spontaneously is the last 4 mods of SlowMotion (F3, GP3, Metalmoro MR1, Palatov D4) + the two karts Kartsim.

bwana likes this.