Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All good mate I've been a bit all over the place since being away but feel like I am getting back into a rhythm again now, so hopefully have some videos and AIWs soon for everyone.

atomed, buzz hornet, Corti and 2 others like this.
  2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Looks like I have the go ahead to release the AIW for Diriyya and Corti and I have finished a track to I'll have a couple of videos with links up asap.

TwoHardCore, bears, Hazi and 3 others like this.
  3. Peavii

Peavii Registered

Any AIW advice for high-speed chicanes such as the one @FSR2019_AUS (Melbourne, AusGP)? I was directed here from the Steam forums for help.

No matter the line I take, whether flawless or extremely curvy (to try and force the AI to turn more) the AI don't turn in enough after the first turn and because of that they don't turn in enough for the exit & they go very wide off-track (2 tires in the grass, 2 on the kerb, 4 outside of track limits according to corridors which don't allow kerb usage at all.)

I tried using extreme corridors that forced the ai to follow the exact line I recorded single-file like @MonteCarlo's chicane. The result was the AI taking the same crap line & the AI was slamming on the brakes on the apex and exits of the corners (where they were ignoring corridors).

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Not trying to put any pressure on but I was just wondering how soon the Monza AIW would be fixed? Only asking because I’m doing an AI series so would just skip it otherwise :)

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hey mate I’ll take a look now for you.

6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all first post updated with Diriyya AIW file, as agreed with the @Garitt Gibsn I am providing the AIW file for this only. Enjoy guys if you don't know how to package an AIW then check my tutorial here:

7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

@RoboCAT10 Currently working on Monza mate, can you tell me what cars you are using? I'll send you a version to test with tonight before releasing it.

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

T
    DESFV10 cheers mate

9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate the only advise I can give for stuff like this e.g. the high speed chicanes at Gold Coast, is I just keep at it, I had to work and work and rework that over and over just to make sure I had it right. I'll take a look for you if you like maybe PM me the AIW file you are working with.

buzz hornet likes this.
  10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Was a pleasure working on this with @Corti and @philrob link in the first post.

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Found some candidates for the list (all driven with GT3):
    - Racefactor Baku -> AI often hits the left wall after turn 19
    - Rouen les Essarts -> AI spins out at turn 13 before start/finish, has problems on other turns https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouen-les-Essarts#/media/Datei:Rouen-Les-Essarts.svg
    - Autopolis V1.01 -> AI has big problems with turn 1, hitting the inner curb (big crash with Tatuus, crash with GT3)

Vanisch and t0p5ecret like this.
  12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I’ll add them to the first post

Manfredk2 likes this.
  13. Hazi

Hazi Registered

For Monza there is a second version on the workshop. Might be better version Racefactor2014 version 1.96.

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Brianza GP (Monza GP) V1.7 by Turb AIW update added to the first post, happy racing.

memoNo1, Vanisch, RoboCAT10 and 3 others like this.
  15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

First post updated

Ayman55 and memoNo1 like this.
  16. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

First post updated with Laguna Seca V1.0 by @Andrea1968, AIW by me. This one has Fastest, Block and Wet lines plus this is the first AIW where I have tried slowwhenpushed=0 set and it seems to behave. Let me know if you notice any issues and I'll send @Andrea1968 an update to publish. Happy racing!

makan, Corti and memoNo1 like this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Mate what do you mean with slowwhenpushed?

18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

There is a setting in the AIW file that by default is set to 1, and basically it controls how an AI behaves when another car pulls along side. If set to 1 they simply give up the spot. I have seen in the past people setting it to 0.1 but I've set it to 0 for this one and didn't encounter any issues in testing. The AI now behave even more like real drivers and try not to give up spots, which also means they race amongst themselves like real drivers as well. I initially thought it would cause issues but because they stay at speed they seem to be more stable in packs, in other words you don't get a car slam on it's brakes in a pack because there's another car next to it, causing an accident.

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Sounds good. Will definitely be tested tonight with Super Touring. :)

BTW @Andrea1968,
    thank you so much for your work.
    A Lascer Scanned Laguna Seca for rF2.. (!) thats awesome.
    Mille Grazie!

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@t0p5ecret

Hello Mark.
    How are you?
    We haven't heard from you in a long time. Everything OK?