Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi all
    Has any one noticed that when you select the VLN speck GT3 cup car, the AI are a lost faster than your car on the straights?
    Or am I missing something in the set up?
    Thanks in advance if you can help
    Bob

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That's my impression as I actually see this repeated often (that some cars are realistic while others are garbage). But is there any proof for that except people's feelings (about how a car should handle)? Different people tend to like different cars so there's no consensus anyway. I only saw Nicki Thiim's video where he tried many cars in PC2. He essentially said he had most fun in PC2, but it's not realistic. Granted he complains about all sims, but seems to prefer iRacing. Most pro drivers also chose iRacing and I don't think it's only about it's online competition system.

Except pCars official forum, I didn't see people saying cars handle like IRL. Also for me same cars handle quite differently than i.e. in AC or rF2. I'm not saying PC2 is not realistic and I agree it simulates a lot of things.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Always klick "Force Setup" in the showroom, it will make it mandatory for AI.

makan likes this.
  4. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi
    Thanks that makes sense
    Best wishes
    Bob

5. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

where i can choose ENdurance version and Sprint version after update?

6. makan

makan Registered

Do you feel anything changed in supercup version with last update?
    Choose porsche cup, click on tuning , when you are in showroom click on specification
    Capture.JPG
    Don't forget this:

atomed, andrea_274 and avenger82 like this.
  7. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I'm having trouble with the force feedback. When I brake the wheel rim loads up and difficult to turn but that's about it. I get a faint texture feel but no bite or slip really. Unlike all the GT3 and Endurance Cars that have been released. It feels a bit lame.

8. CrimsonEminence

Reduce FFB multi to under .76, if not already done and maybe also reduce minimum torque a bit...sounds like clipping.

mesfigas likes this.
  9. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Thanks for the response but defiantly not clipping. I'm using a simucube 2 and have lowered FFB Multi to 50% to 65%. Like I said the GT3 and Endurance feel good. I get a nice road feeling, the tyres loading up etc. Going around fast corners and accelerations you feel the tyres biting in and more weight on the wheel. But in the Cup Car none of that. There's a light road feel and when I brake it becomes stiff to steer. I get road bumps and curbs etc. But there's no grip feel.

10. CrimsonEminence

"Grip feel" is a very discussable topic in terms of FFB, you get more information over suspension, than wheels...
    The Cup car could software clip...try lowering the car dependend multi more...i drive this car with just a G27 and i can feel everything, i need, pretty fine...but also here it feels more "heavy" in terms of force...

atomed and mesfigas like this.
  11. franser

franser Registered

Moritz Kranz This is the driver who helped create this car, here a lap in sebring, it is the best circuit to compare since it is scanned and we have the maximum speed.
    My best time with the cup version is 2.09 but it can be improved

slatanek likes this.
  12. CrimsonEminence

You can definetly hit 2:06 with default/supercup kit, and a nice track, if using low tyre pressures. I think it gets annoying, already, that i've mentioned it that often, sry about that, but you will not be able to smash the sub 2:07 very likely with default cold pressures, it just doesn't stick on corner exits.^^

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

using Thrustmaster T150 wheel and need to reduse FFB to 0.60 for this car lowet tyre pressure for sure to something like 145 for both rear a d front plus a tip for more accurate handling that i saw in many Youtube videos and i use is steering lock to 360 degrees instead of 520
    helps me with accuracy or else i feel i m driving a boat.

14. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

Thanks, tried that and still feels the same. There is no load on the tires through fast bends of even in a straight line, very floaty.

15. CrimsonEminence

AH!
    Funfact: This could be realistic! The rear wing of the Porsche Cup car "lifts" the front at high speed segments, as far as i know, so your suspension doesn't get that much forces on front in the first place. You have a slight amount of downforce on the "splitter" (it is more road car than that), but the rear wing supports the even heavy rear, when accelerating or maintaining throttle, so the front gets unloaded, this is a typical rear engine thing.

slatanek and J7166 like this.
  16. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

OK... maybe I'm not describing this very well. On all the other GT3 cars and Endurance cars I can feel the tires load up. More grip the harder to turn the wheel. When I have the tires warmed up on the Cup Car I get nothing, no change. No feeling of grip, just faint road texture that doesn't change. Drive at Spa and go through Eau Rouge it's hard to turn the wheel on the other cars, sensation of loading up the tires. Drive the same in the Cup Car and it's just like driving through the pits. No change.

17. CrimsonEminence

This is pretty strange, because, with even a G27, i can feel more heavy/lighter steering under compression on elevation changes. I'm probably able to give it a go with a CSL Elite soon, maybe this week, to see, if it is also different. Maybe something is still off with the tyres, and it will give other impressions with higher end wheels working with rF2s FFB.

Btw. "grip feel" isn't exactly, what you feel over FFB, there is a newer YT video about it from Niels Heusinkveld, which absolutely NAILS it, describing, how steering forces are mixing in FFB of these kind of simulations like AMS, rF2 and so on. If you're interested:

But what you describe, remembers me of software clipping all over the place, to be honest. The thing is, that you feel light road texture and no variation in force. Have you changed to the endurance kit 1&2 and supercup, to see, if it is the case with all of these versions of the car? The different kits have different springs and also endurance comes with a tunable damper set, so there are many effects on suspension behaviour taking place. You feel friction in FFB of your tyres, but much of FFB in new ISI-related sims is also suspension, so changes on springs and dampers could also vary the sensation of front-end-feel(TM)

Is damping turned off or on on your wheel per driver? (rF2 shouldn't use the damper channel, though, as far as i know...hmmm)

18. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I've just installed the URD DTM mod and it's night and day with FFB. I can feel so much more detail. Feel like a different game all together.

19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Doesn't mean it's more realistic. In real racing cars you don't get that much feedback through the wheel. At least from what I read :p

20. J7166

J7166 Registered

Please keep ACCs FFB philosophy far far away from rfactor ;)

slatanek and CrimsonEminence like this.