Setups?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard Busch, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Does anyone know of a place to share setups?
    If someone started a place for setups, would it be something that would be popular?

I only ask, because I'm terrible at making/altering setups. Sometimes I go off in the wrong direction. I need a good setup that works so I can at least have a good base to start from. Some of the default setups need a little help.

Thanks
    ZZ

makan likes this.
  2. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

I was thinking about this the other day.

There are a few threads on here, theracedepartment and use, but they're pretty old.

I think you've just started the new one... ;)

3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we need a sticky for sharing setups and setup discussion

atomed and makan like this.
  4. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

It seems many people are very reluctant to share setups. Back in the day, in GPL, we freely exchanged setups. rF2 does have a setup share built into the game, but it's only while in game at the track. Setups can be sent to everyone on the server.

The RaceDepartment setup page doesn't have many setups, and people don't label their setup for car or track.
    The forum here is locked. So adding a setup there won't work.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor-2-car-setups.33779/page-13#post-884260
    The last post was from March 2017, and all of those are now outdated with the improvements made to the sim.

atomed, makan and mixer61 like this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Imho racedepartment is the best place. People trying to make money building setups around here.

6. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

I could do with a good base setup for the 2010 Clio if anyone has one?

Currently melting the front tyres off while the back end wonders round doing whatever it pleases.

7. J7166

J7166 Registered

I do not claim to be a setup expert, but if there is a specific setup you are looking for I may be able to help. I agree I wish the rfactor2 community was a little more willing to share their setups. President Smug on YouTube has done a bunch of setup videos, his page is worth checking out. I think because so much of the racing in rf2 is done in leagues lots of people are hesitant to share setups. My dream is for the new UI and competition system to elevate rf2, then we will see sites like VRS or CSS start to work with rf2. Especially for new rfactor users, I feel for them because so many of the s397 official cars have terrible base setups (cough gt3 cup, cough cough)

atomed and Dave^ like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Just because someone uses a setup and is quick doesn't mean someone else will be. It's why I personally don't share mine. It's a bit like copying someone else's maths homework: Sure, you've got the right answer, but do you know how you got to it?

Chris Haye designed this cut n' keep guide, which is useful:

jpebxpm5nrw11.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Nommie, Richard Busch, Dave^ and 3 others like this.