Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Where did you find this info? I don't see it in the video. Anyway it's quite interesting. Many people claimed the car has bad handling/is too hard to drive in rF2.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

A lot of people have said it's got bad handling because the end is loose, which is how it is in Assetto Corsa and iRacing. Then there's equal amount of people saying give it a proper setup instead of relying on default and it's a lot of fun.

slatanek and CrimsonEminence like this.
  3. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

read the comments

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

One of the best cars in RF2, with minor changes to the base setup to suit my driving style, the car is well behaved even on a bumpy track like S397 Sebring, just needs to be driven sensibly, and avoiding over heating the tires (easily done as temp indication in the HUD do not reflect inner temp of tire).

If some sim drivers think that a real GT car with 485 HP is forgiving to driver errors, they are wrong, a real Porsche 911 (as any high performance car) is a car to be driven with respect and knowledge (as insurance data show, not everyone that can afford one has the needed skills).

Cheers.

slatanek, bwana and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I agree...and the Cup isn't even a GT, it is more a feeder for it, more like a low downforce road car with a wing and race suspenion. It needs an approach, like one of these older 70s race cars, driving wise, just with the ability of more agility and way shorter and easier shifting. In my opinion it just becomes really strange sometimes on corner exit, when hunting a fast pace with realistic tyre pressures, like i've often said now, but overall, this car provides really good racing and you learn it to handle. After surviving it on Sebring and Nordschleife, you'll be surprised, how much you can take with you, when driving GT3 after it :D

slatanek and bwana like this.
  6. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Too bad they put him to drive with the unrealistic AI generated narrow rubber. Since there is no properly created realroad, then a green track would still look and drive better.

7. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

this car is my first dlc car... i think its very good. cant understand why ppl complain about loose end... well after GPL or stock Brabham.. nothing is hard to drive. anyway i like the feeling that i have official porche car, not another free mod.. only thing i miss is rF2 built in interface feature with Best Laptime (downloaded from steam or enthernetand ) and additional info with my best time on particular track.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

+1
    I think there has just been a porsche cup update:rolleyes:

9. franser

franser Registered

Yesssss porsche 911 gt3 Supercup or enduracance / VLN version

juanchioooo and philmcqueen like this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Hard to drive = Unrealistic/Broken for some people.

slatanek, J7166, bwana and 2 others like this.
  11. CrimsonEminence

With the endurance sets, there should be no more complaining about braking. It is babymode to brake this beauty with ABS! :D
    Also the softer suspension is highly noticeable (especially with set 1 for me, set 2 seems to be a bit harder and more "turny" at first glance).
    The car is overall easier to drive with the endurance specification, but also a bit slower of course due to less power.
    I still get laptimes around 1-2 seconds faster with tyre pressures under 140 Kpa, though, without overcooking tyres. :p
    To attack Sebring or NoS, it is pretty fun, to do it with the endurance kits, especially Sebring is the final boss for me, with Supercup specification. There we have a better working suspension with endurance kit now.

I like this car more and more. Supercup spec for close sprint racing and endurance for better possibilities, to survive longer on track :D

slatanek likes this.
  12. franser

franser Registered

With this update, you feel better about the entire VLN, received help from the driver Moritz Kranz and a team from the VLN Mühlner Motorsport so we can trust that the behavior feels real

13. makan

makan Registered

After too many hours of driving supercup version , I feel I'm falling in love with this car.
    siriusly I can't stop driving it, I drive it in rF2, then jump to iRacing or ACC/R3e to compare them.
    Watching RL races and rF2 races.(I should say watching "Micheal Fosbander's road to leman" was very impressive thanks to porsche).
    At first I loved this car then I hated it and now I can't say how much I love it.:D
    ======
    And today they released Endurance package for it, now i can understand why 397 didn't released it first.;)
    Endurance package is much much more controllable and easier to drive because of more aero, less power and it has ABS.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  14. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

what is Sebring optimal target laptime with CUP ?

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

And Supercup version is also done by a driver that is racing those cars IRL so... if you trust one you gotta trust the other

16. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

17. CrimsonEminence

Dunno' which is optimal, but if you can get sub 2:08.0 with Endurance Kit, you have good pace. With Supercup spec, you will go even faster, because of more power, but it's hard to drive ;)

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Maybe, contrary to what some ppl say some cars in PC2 are great, SMS problem was trying to make too many cars in short time so some are good and some are not (and S397 is going the same path). And they do have more simulation aspects than rf2 overall, let's be honest here. I guess only Reiza will show us what that engine can do.
    *runs away*

Andregee, Emery, Akela_DE and 2 others like this.
  19. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

d'accord
    but you missed a bit my point ;)

20. franser

franser Registered

yes, I never complained about this car, on the contrary it fascinates me