Is there a way to adjust free-camera move settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NewWorld89, Nov 18, 2019.

1. NewWorld89

NewWorld89 Registered

So I just wanted to ask if there was a way to adjust the settings of free-camera move? I feel like the zoom speed/smoothing is fine, it works pretty well, but the range/speed of actually moving the camera is suuuuper fast and makes it feel kinda clunky. Is there a way to adjust these settings to make it feel a little more realistic/smoother? Like is there an ini file that I can adjust to fine-tune it?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Try playing with the freemove settings in the controller.json file.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As Coutie mentioned, in the Controller.JSON which is found here:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Controller.JSON

Look for these lines and change 0.004 to 0.001 in both pitch and yaw lines.

"Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed":0.004,
    "Freelook Mouse Pitch Speed#":"Freelook pitch speed when using mouse.",
    "Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed":0.004,
    "Freelook Mouse Yaw Speed#":"Freelook yaw speed when using mouse.",

If that is still too fast you can try 0.0009 or lower. 0.0001 is snail pace.

Assuming you are using a custom controller profile (ie. saved and renamed different to default name) when you find the value you like, select Save, using the same custom name.
    If you don't save it to a profile it will default back to 0.004 if you load a different profile.

4. NewWorld89

NewWorld89 Registered

Thank you, brother! Also, do you happen to know how to turn off the auto-pan feature that happens when you're in freelook on an "end-key" camera? It like... starts moving to the left on it's own, very, very slowly, but it's enough that I have to fight against it... Here's an example. There's certain shots where I'm literally not moving my mouse but it's still slowly panning to the left no matter what I do. lol

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

These days I rarely watch replays or muck around with the cameras so I won't be much help.
    Although, I did have a quick look and the End key is for Spectator Cams and, for me at least, there was no auto-pan. The cameras were fixed with freelook on or off.
    The PGDN key is the Tracking cameras, maybe that is what you were using.
    Sorry I couldn't help with your tracking problem.