SOLVED Oïl & Water(fix)

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Rock, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello,
    I would like to look like the real F1 from 2011 to 2013 for my Mod, with max / optimal , for Oïl 120 ° and 130 ° water.
    I use these parameters to get this setting:
    OilMinimumCooling =
    OilWaterHeatTransfer =
    WaterMinimumCooling=
    RadiatorCooling =

But I can not! because the water is always below the temperature of the Oïl .
    Can you help me or show me a model that makes this?

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Rock When you raise the value of OilMinimumCooling=, you should get a oil temperature that is lower than the water temperature.
    If that works, you have to adapt the other values to get a realistic heating/cooling of water and oil.

3. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello Bernd,
    Thank for your support.
    I tested with the increase of "OilMinimumCooling" Ex = 9.05e-9 but on the contrary it made it mounted.

Originally I had this setting:
    OilMinimumCooling = 5.05e-4
    WaterMinimumCooling = 4.500e-4
    OilWaterHeatTransfer = (0.02,3.4e-4)
    RadiatorCooling = (5.50e-5, 3.85e-5)
    --------------------------
    I passed this setting:
    OilMinimumCooling = 5.05e-4
    WaterMinimumCooling = 9.500e-9 // *
    OilWaterHeatTransfer = (0.02,5.4e-2)
    RadiatorCooling = (5.50e-5, 5.85e-5) // *

with this setting Oil rises first and the water reaches the oil temperature (about 100 °). It is after they rise together but the water never exceeds the temperature of the oil.

If you or someone who passes through here can show me an example of setting that raises the water higher than the oil?

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hello Gents
    Just some background.
    The relationship between oil and water(coolant)temperature is obviously dependent on the relationship model chosen for the simulation of fluid temperature physics within RF2. In reality this will not always be fixed. It will be dependent on why and how and to what temperature the oil and coolant(because coolants are not always just water) need to be maintained. The particular vehicle and the technology of the machine and the fluids of its period in history can also be significant variables. While both fluids(oil & water) act as coolants, oil has additional functionality and operating environment that “can” drive its temperature requirements quite independent.

My read of the physics modelling is that it is based on mimicking an oil/coolant intercooler system, as opposed to the inter-dependance provided by coolant/air cooling in combination with oil/air cooling. Nothing wrong with that except that the reality of it may, or may not, be more complicated than that. You may be limited by the parameters of the game physics model in what you can emulate.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. Rock

Rock Registered

Thank you for your support
    Indeed it is the model F1 2013:
    Oil accepts optimum tolerence up to 120 ° and water + glycol. all at 3.5bar it seems to me is optimal up to 130 °.
    If the game RF2 does not make this thank you for communicating it because it will avoid me to search for nothing.
    Smbrm, I think that wants to make me understand that but I'm not sure?

6. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Rock
    Yes, I was trying to say the that game may not let you do what you want because of the design parameters chosen for the game.

7. Rock

Rock Registered

Thank you, I stop looking for nothing.
    That's what I concluded ;-)