What we need in rF2!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D.Painter, Nov 10, 2019.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

URD has the Nissan, What else is in game and are they physic compatible? If not their no better than one offs.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The one shown in the pic is the NSX GT3 not GT500

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The APEX GT3s are also the 2012 ones, so the homologation has changed since.

4. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree.
    Please no more GT3s.

philmcqueen and D.Painter like this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In theory they could race together with current cars tho, only issue is that new ones have better electronics, aero, etc so realistically they'd be a bit slower and/or slightly harder to drive
    Some team kept the Jaguar racing despite being very old, its homologation expired now but most GT3 even old ones are still homologated

well I dont mean in that sense, I'd love to see a last GT3 pack with Ferrari, Lambo, NSX, GTR and Lexus
    Painter was just confusing the NSX versions

6. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

it's not the fact that it's (yet) another GT3/GTE, but you cannot recreate any GT3/WEC/IMSA/endurance etc race without having a Ferrari. You can stick mods in for eye candy, but you cannot experience driving them. The Apex mod is the 458(so quite old) and the World series mod is just a poor rip from AC and doesn't look good from the cockpit (the steering wheel is awful). The World series Huracan isn't so bad and is ok to drive but has flickering textures in the cockpit.

7. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

ummm yes, very aware off that.
    Seen enough GT3 car for awhile.
    A good set off GT500 cars would be a nice change.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Filip and VirusGR42 like this.
  9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Agree.
    GT500 Japanese series that has the NSX, Nissan and Lexus are Not GT3 or even close!

Set to race with DTM soon. Should be fun!

10. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Where bud?

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

In the GT World Series mod.
    The models aren't to bad. Could do with updated textures, physics but not out side the realm off possibility.
    upload_2019-11-16_17-16-42.png upload_2019-11-16_17-19-8.png
    Apparently the interior of the Ferrari isn't great but it may just need a little love.
    Let's be fair, there are a few even S397 cars aren't to flash inside.

12. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

Most of the official content released in the last 3 years has basically been GT, GT and more GT.
    2 good F1 cars too, and also an Hypercar.

But to be honest I think we also need more Open-Wheel content in rFactor 2. In my opinion this simulator is the best for Open-Wheel racing as rFactor 1 was and I would like to see more tracks and cars related to that content.

Some things like an updated IndyCar with some circuits from that category (such as Road America). Formula 3 content (such as Automobilista does, very good content). Some F1 modern cars (I don't mean hybrid, I mean V8), etc. Also I think Malaysia could be updated with a modern version that has not those strange bumps and track surface, you could bring us some interesting tracks such as SPA Francorchamps or Monaco (full layout, not short Formula E layout), etc.

I think those things are needed too because most of leagues I know in rFactor 2 usually race with Open-Wheel cars (Formula SimRacing, GPVWC, etc.) and this type of content is really needed in this simulator, because we only have outdated stuff from ISI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

F1Aussie and Adrianstealth like this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The focus on just modern stuff is just killing the community of car enthusiasts in simracing. Soon your 2019 gt3 or f1 will be old, as versions of following years will roll out. There is not going to be an end of this, other than end of simracing itself.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the "almost non existent community of car enthusiasts in simracing" you mean?
    Over the years there has been posts from devs about older content, the numbers just dont match. If you think it's possible you can always try to get a loan in a bank and finance it, just saying. rF2 even allow you to sell it in game yourself, best chance you'll have.

That said I cant wait to see the GTP cars licensed here, oh well, at least Marcel sounded like this would happen at some point. I think they made the mod in NR2003 and it's fantastic there

15. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

I believe that the average age of users should be analyzed. Young people will use game consoles more and adults will use PCs, and the latter demand more historical vehicles. That is why the most used mod in rF1 was the historiX and the GTTC.

And something very important and that means 50% of a simulation is the sound and that must be updated urgently by the s397.

Lamborghini invests years in designing the exhaust of each new vehicle it develops ...

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Those are your words, not mine. Pretty sure there still is lots of people who are into mechanical stuff and doesn't limit themselves with only few options that came in last year from the whole lot of options from whole history of motor racing and motor vehicles overall.

But sure millions of people would listen to "Despacito" and thats fine, but there are also millions of people would listen to Rolling Stones songs.

I see you like black humour. Should I think about mortgage already ?

What numbers are you talking about ? Pleases show an example. And I mustn't sell. I have been modding for a while. I have WIP Goodwood track, WIP Jaguar XJ13 for rF2. I have spent majority of my modding time this year working on boosting up physics of 1954 and 1967 (soon to be updated) cars handling/physics. If you want to pay for it you can make a donation, I can share a link for it :D

twinkle likes this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you need to ask what numbers I'm talking about then it's not worth going further, nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'll just assume you have no numbers.

By the way, a bit more on the topic, or at least more into the topic title that goes by exclamation mark, which looks like was simply a showcase of skins originaly. I think content is not what is the most needed, but it will certainly always be very important.

19. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

This is what we really need to run with the Oreca:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Manfredk2 and Will Mazeo like this.
  20. VirusGR42

VirusGR42 Registered

Does rf2 simulate fire well enough for it?