Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Not sure what the fuss is about? The loose rear end can be dialed out. Sure, it takes a bit of effort, but the car becomes a far more user friendly beast. Perhaps the unrealistic nature of some other mods has made this car 'feel' unrealistic to some?

slatanek, kashif, AMillward and 2 others like this.
  2. franser

franser Registered

for the same reason that I explained a few days ago, that it is real does not mean that you can do the same times as professional pilots, but that the behavior of the car is real. Have you driven this car in reality to say that it is not real? If we go to the relidad and drive a kart you, I, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen will surely make times much faster than us for a question that they are professionals and we are not.

Sebastien Sestacq and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  3. romaFC

romaFC Registered

do you understand that in video games you have no danger. you can setup perfect conditions.
    you can do millions of laps/practice till end of time.
    in any racing games(rf2 included) all the world records are several 5+ seconds faster than real life.
    with this car you can't come close to lap time of real life.

I put out challenge for anyone to do 2:02 with GT3 Cup around Silverstone 20 Celsius / sunny. Nobody has done it.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We used to know a Porsche Pilot who was involved in sims....he would have been the perfect choice for such a challenge.

Sean Edwards. rip

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Perhaps that depends on track ?
    If our model is the same as Mobil Supercup car the Q1-Laptimes(online) in RB are comparable, between low 1:30 and 1:32. My best is 1:30:8. But i agree - we should do faster than real life ;) but the car is to tricky for my medium skill. And as far as i have seen, the times are only achievable with unclean line.

For table scroll down to Qualifying
    https://newsroom.porsche.com/de/201...up-pmsc-2019-spielberg-lauf-3-motorsport.html
    Qualifying
    1. Julien Andlauer (F/BWT Lechner Racing), 1:30,457 Minuten
    2. Larry ten Voorde (NL/MRS GT-Racing), 1:30,672 Minuten
    3. Dylan Pereira (L/Momo Megatron Lechner Racing), 1:30,693 Minuten
    4. Michael Ammermüller (D/BWT Lechner Racing), 1:30,700 Minuten
    5. Igor Walilko (PL/MSG-Huber Racing Team), 1:30,781 Minuten
    6. Jaap van Lagen (NL/martinet by ALMÉRAS), 1:30,799 Minuten
    7. Florian Latorre (F/Fach Auto Tech), 1:30,835 Minuten
    8. Toni Wolf (D/Team Project 1 – Fach), 1:30,901 Minuten
    9. Ayhancan Güven (TR/martinet by ALMÉRAS), 1:30,901 Minuten
    10. Mikkel Pedersen (DK/Dinamic Motorsport), 1:31,033 Minuten

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  6. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Silverstone is old and innacurate
    Try Nürburgring. Rudy said the car was tuned to be within 0.3s of his real time there.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  7. romaFC

romaFC Registered

oh man brings such memories.

I raced few times with that Sean on rf1. (rip)

Sean was insanely quick sim driver.

there used to be server with megane trophy mod that would run 24/7.

think server was called bros online racing.

there was another driver epps from what I remember also real driver that would be on that server.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sean consulted for us(D3) on an rF1 mod. He was very amusing, first time in the USA, large stores, large trucks, etc.
    At the time I met him, Katherine Legge had just been signed on to the Champcar series.(She was the P.R. replacement for Danica Patrick leaving for the IRL.) Anyhow, Sean KNEW he was faster than Katherine as he had competed against her in England several times. I wish I had been able to keep in contact after that. He would have been an interesting acquaintance.

9. franser

franser Registered

hello, here you have a return to the circuit of Barcelona with a real cup although from 2013 and if we compare it with our cup in Barcelona scanned from Assetto Corsica we will see that the braking points, acceleration and gear changes are the same

other comparison circuits can be zandvoort or nurburgring gp since they are accurate, nordscheleife would not use it because it is very extensive and the more extensive the more difficult it is to achieve the perfect lap

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. makan

makan Registered

This version of porsche cup is the hardest car in samiracing history.
    Can't believe this much difference between iRacing one and rF2 version. they belong to two different worlds.

In this video he brakes hard and trail brakes to the corner, i can't use that in rF2 version.
    Car behavior is very similar to iracing version (except iRacing's crap tire model), in video he has fun with the car too, what!!?

After that i watch this porsche cup racer and again i think he talks about a defferent car not porsche cup.

===========================
    I spend hours to learn how to drive it in rF2 but i can't, i don't know.
    Very frustrating.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  11. franser

franser Registered

hello makan, to me the version of iracing transmits less information to me since the ffb of iracing is poor for 2019 and the tire model compared to rf2 is stinky. The iracing car seems very light to me when using the pianos and you don't notice the loss of traction until you have trompeó and I find it more difficult to recover in complicated situations, when in reality using the technique of the steering wheel you have a good chance of recovering it.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Sry, for exhuming a 10 days old post ^^'
    What is Rudys real time? Is the GP track meant? I used to hit 2 min. straight, maybe a bit sub on hotlap...i think, Rudy should be able to smash 1:59-58... if he is still that alien, as i remember from some leaderboards and stuff :D

In a race, i've recorded it is a 2:00:444 in this video below, right in the first lap after crossing the line once:

101% AI, no aids, dunno' rubber right now...
    Low tyre pressure makes it A LOT easier on throttle. It works really fine, you just have to brake around 20m earlier than with GT3, and release the brakes more until the turn in comes. It has basically no real DF, just a wing on P5 for stabilizing it in this vid...you can definetly trailbrake it, my traction circle is not even a real "circle" yet in telemetry logs :)

The only complaint on my side is the on-throttle behaviour with "more realistic" tyre pressures. It behaves strangely sometimes and gets somewhat undrivable after 4 laps. Low pressures are solving this.

Braking is okay o_O It is more road-car-ish and this seems pretty obviously right to me, with this type of feeder car.

makan likes this.
  13. makan

makan Registered

Yes iRacing's ffb/tire model is very poor, but i get used to it.
    I don't know why i can't be consistant with this car.
    In iRacing version it's very easy to be smooth and consistent in compare with rF2.
    It's funny when i see some iracers comments on how hard is porsche cup to drive.
    @CrimsonEminence
    Wow you drive it very smooth!
    I'll be very happy if i hit 2.02 every lap.
    So in this weekend i have to practice more and less complain.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  14. CrimsonEminence

I think, this could be, because the iRacing tyre is working absolutely excellent from the beginning, if driven in the first laps, while being cold, the "golden out-lap" issue with their tyres. I think, it also will be getting harder to drive, as soon, as the iRacing tyre model becomes warmer than room temperature...but i haven't driven the iRacing version, so i can just speculate.

In rF2 it is the opposite, the car is very beasty within the first 2 laps, before it starts to grip and perform.
    The R3E version, for example, is also very twitchy and punishing, when choosing wrong braking points and staying on the brake pedal too long, too hard and it performs not very good in the first 2 laps.
    The AC version also makes the life hard for the driver, within the first laps, if you push too soon, but it seems more forgiving there...
    Thank you! :D ' i just wanted to proof, that this car is able to be driven at race pace absolutely fine.

Like i recommended, you could try to use lower tyre pressures...something between 115-125 Kpa, it is not realistic, in real life it should even be damaging for the tyre, but it seems to work way better in the sim, at least for me, also it performs over distance, what baffles me.

Always remember: it is NOT a downforce car...it's more of a road car with stiffer suspension and a big ol' wing on the arse.^^

I'm looking forward to some balance tweaks of this machine, though.

EDIT:
    What the driver describes in this video is almost exactly that, what i experience with this car to be "right", to be honest...especially around minute 20, when he talks about open up the throttle on exit.^^ Also the "yawing" thingy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    makan likes this.
  15. franser

franser Registered

I agree with you, the term GT3 can confuse some users, most GT3 use more aerodynamic load and ABS and TC electronic aids. This GT3 car has only the acronym and is very difficult to drive when it approaches the limit

16. CrimsonEminence

Yes, indeed...i'm doing Sebring right now with it...it's the final boss, not even the NoS is that hard to get right with it, in my opinion :D
    Just one bump to much, just a tiny bit too long air time of just one wheel or something similar and it murders your time, your braking and you're running out of track.

OdeFinn likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It will help clarify which car is being written about if users always include the CUP nomenclature. So GT3 and GT3 Cup should be enough to separate the two identities.

18. CrimsonEminence

Say that to the opponent filter in the game, apparently it thinks, this is absolutely a GT3 :D

Uhm.png

Yeah, i know, it is nitpicky, but i had to immediately think of that! :D

Edit:
    Sebring with the Cup is absolutely the check ride for all you've learned...the AI is brutal even on 100% and the track tries to end your whole career...

OdeFinn and davehenrie like this.
  19. franser

franser Registered

Does anyone have news of this?

some changes to our Porsche Cup DLC. It changes because we are releasing an update that adds an option to our Porsche Cup (based on Super Cup data) that adjusts the vehicle configuration (and performance, etc.) to what is being driven in the VLN (thanks to the collaboration with Moritz and the Mühlner Motorsport team)

Porsche cup version VLN

avenger82 likes this.
  20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

To not have FFB clipping. Occasional spikes are not that bad, especially if you hit a wall etc., but if you find it repeating on corners then it's better to lower FFB multi.