[REL] WTCR 2018 by Tommy78

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I forgot the Peugeot, as we did not have time to working on the physics, it is coming later unfortunately. Hope you understand it.
    I wanted to fix all previous issues, and implement the new tires, the new endurance packages first, because some of you can't play with the already released cars.

gnoccop, memoNo1, Thepharcyde and 8 others like this.
  2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

So what was the error?

3. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

It wasn't an error. Just the newer steering wheel working better with higher value nominal steering torque. In the upgrade you can change it from 15-30 now, but we tested, and with T300RS is it good above 32-33. So i modified the upgrade, took off the old style because it doesn't work with newer wheels, and did more settings for the new style, for different wheels. So you will have options to setup properly your wheel from 27.5-40 with 6 settings, each step increase the torque with 2.5Nm.

Levelup1, makan and Rui Santos like this.
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hmmm. I don‘t think that this will solve the problem. Because what you do with that is just reducing the FFB output. That is what i do with lowering my FFB % output in the software. But than the car has no feel during cornering as meantioned in several posts above

5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

No, this is not the same, and as i wrote we tested on a T300RS before and after, and many times while i tried to fix this issue.

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ok we will see and i will report back. But as far as i know the nominal steering force value is just to scale the ffb strenght up and down

7. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

New v1.3 released for the six currently released cars.

Release notes:

• New Endurance Upgrade options (includes Endurance tires, lights, 4-way onboard adjustable ABS, adjusted pit time, engine and brake wear rate)
    • Fixed FFB clipping issue with newer steering wheel, changeable via Steering upgrade (pay attention to select the correct strength to your wheel)
    • improved shaders (window, black metal, black glass, black plastic, chrome, tires, rims)
    • improved IBL vinyl region settings
    • improved some texture, and light glass color and reflection
    • fixed driver position in some cars
    • fixed digital display and rpm led shader and fixid the rpm led range on some cars
    • fixed and now separately adjustable mirros
    • fixed carClass, now display in the results as WTCR 2018, and now you can select the WTCR 2018 and all cars separately as well
    • fixed position LED panel, now shows the current place for all cars, not within brands
    • improved slick and rain tires, added endurance tires
    • recalculated and fixed fuel consumption on all cars
    • maybe some more...
    All email sent with the new version, if you did not recieve it please let me know via pm.

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You are my man.
    Thx.

I will give it a try tonight.
    End of work soon..:cool::D

9. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

ok I give it a try and find that even with the hardest set my t300rs perform well and no so heavy any more. It's a good news that all cars are easier to drive. And other changes like endurance light and golf's rear light all very nice.
    But I wonder why you took off the OLD RF2 style steering system, I think you can just apply nominal torque with the OLD ones.... because with new updated one I can feel very little torque steering feel even with hardest set (Once you put pedal down you will feel the car drag the steering wheel into the corner). In my side it's the RF2's best FFB simulation with high power FWD cars unlike AC's boring FFB, like the btcc honda by ISI, and I think in real world torque steering is very common in car like this.
    Before I wrote this I install back 1.2 version honda and compare it with new, it's very obviously the OLD RF2 style have massive torque steering FFB feel, and NEW one in 1.2 just a bit less but not like 1.3 nearly no feel about this... It's midnight in my place now so the 1.3 one make me sleepy but once I try the OLD one just massive but too much torque so that too heavy
    So I have an advice that you can add the old style steering back, maybe it's more accurate with real life? And other things are all good even best in RF2!

Tommy78 likes this.
  10. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I took off, because we tried with T300RS and with any torque settings the wheel still clipping when you are in the corner. I was happy with the old one but anyone here with newer wheel had problem with that torque.

11. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

yes but this style might be rf2's key feature about fwd cars... and maybe you can try civic btcc made by isi, if the clipping is normal, that might be normal.....
    BTW rf2 can't easily see whether ffb clipping or not, so I can't provide any message now... I have to sleep because it's too late now. I will try to see other cars behave tomorrow

12. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

so you can just left one OLD here for us who like this feel haha. Because I see most people didn't loke this feeling... but it might be most accurate

Hazi likes this.
  13. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Ok, next time i will add some strength options with the old one.

zxd1997 and Hazi like this.
  14. Pacchia

Pacchia Registered

I tested the Alfa for a few laps (endurance configuration) and it feels like one if the best sim cars I have ever driven

(I should add though, that due to physical condition I am not driving with a proper wheel)

Thank you!

Levelup1, Corti and Tommy78 like this.
  15. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks mate ;)

Levelup1 likes this.
  16. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

yeah I do more comparing today and found another problem, the 1.3's FFB is normal torque but feel a bit less detail like road feeling especially on Sebring bumpy and cracky surface. I did compare 1.2 and 1.3 and ISI's civic btcc, the 1.3's hardest set is far more soft than 1.2's softest set and softer than ISI's civic, I think it might be too soft especially the default med setting in my t300rs with 75% FFB in system setting? (just my opinion). And with my comparison in 1.2 I can't tell the missing of road feeling is NEW or OLD style's problem.... Just in 1.2 it have more road feeling like Sebring back straight's crack and last corner's huge bump and 1.3 feel as if it's plain on the straight and less feeling over last corner.
    You might notice I mention it many time, I thought it's a good example which high power FWD cars FFB should feel like torque steering and it's full of detail like road feeling but it's not too heavy at all, but I've notice that what you say the OLD RF2 style will clipping every corner, maybe when torque steering effect happen it'll clipping but I haven't get the FFB monitor data so I can't say it's normal but I can say it's OK to clipping when it's in corner like this.
    So I advise that you can try it and make FFB more like civic's feeling. Just my thought, I didn't know about what TCR cars and NGTC cars steering feel should be but I decide to trust ISI's job what high power FWD cars feeling and believe that is similar~.
    Maybe my description is not so accurate and my first language is not English so if anything I say is not right plz correct me~
    And thanks for these excellent cars! and can't wait to drive a perfect feeling one!
    BTW: it's nearly finish now, SO will the LINK&CO and 2019 season happen after you next project? I'm happy to donate you~

David Kolody likes this.
  17. Pacchia

Pacchia Registered

With endurance tyres, I can finally torture them tyres mercilessly muahahahah

My only constructive criticism is that Alfas are still too quick, while in reality they were maybe the slower ones in the pack.
    But oh well, I can give them some extra weight to make it more relistic.

18. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

In reality, once alfa reduce weight or get other bop buff, they're very quick and take many good result haha

19. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Today Ceccon finished third in Macau. So the BoP not so bad :)

zxd1997 likes this.
  20. Pacchia

Pacchia Registered

Ahah yes I was referring to the 18 season