Client doesn't advance to next session 20-25% of the time

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Keeper, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Keeper

Keeper Registered

Has this not become a problem for anyone else? About once every four or five times, my client does not advance from Practice to Qualifying or from Warmup to Race in online servers. I have to disconnect and reconnect (by which point the race has already started, of course).

I see everybody else's car disappear like it's about to change sessions, and then nothing happens. I still see chat messages.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have advanced logging enabled? The files can get pretty big, and can take a while to save. You can check in the player file.

3. Keeper

Keeper Registered

RealTimeLogging is off. I wonder if it could be having some difficulty saving the session's replay, for whatever reason. I have Record Hotlaps off but do have it record each session otherwise. The random nature of when it hangs and when it doesn't makes diagnosis difficult.

4. Keeper

Keeper Registered

Addendum: Now sometimes in the middle of practice sessions, all other players disappear from my client. However, I do not disappear from theirs. Their wreckage appears on my screen, though!

Whether this is related or not to the problem of the client not advancing from one session to the next sometimes is unknown.

5. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Registered

I had this happening to me yesterday transferring from warm up to race which is very annoying... specially after investing so much time preparing... i also notice that changing to next or previous sessions takes so much longer when you are longer in the session... I do not know at this point if it is replay time saving related or not, but a replay file of 52Mb should not take 10s or so to write.... Maybe put it on a seperate thread or so that it does not interrupt. I will check the settings above. Most of the time practise or warmup sessions are not interesting to save so maybe add a setting which sessions to save as a quick workaround.