Jittery FFB in race session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by LiquidKameleon, Nov 11, 2019.

1. LiquidKameleon

LiquidKameleon Registered

Hi,

I have a Fanatec CSR Forza wheel and what has happened to me multiple times is that in online race session the FFB becomes so horrible the game becomes barely driveable. It's like the frame rate of the FFB has decreased massively.

Truth be told, FFB in rF2 for me in general seems a bit too notchy compared to other sims in general, but it's at least bearable until I reach the race session. Since I only saw this in online race sessions, it's not easy to troubleshoot.

My specs are:
    Windows 10
    intel i5 4770 CPU
    Radeon R270 GPU
    8GB of RAM
    Fanatec CSR Forza wheel, ClubSport pedals

I had the same thing happen on Windows 8.1 in the previous install. Can someone explain why this is happening and if my hardware is below specs for the game, what should I upgrade to have a fully functional FFB in rF2?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I would start by uninstalling any drivers and software used by the wheel. Then download the latest firmware, drivers etc. While you're at the Fanatec site, find a "how to" guide for installing the software. Some wheels have to be done a certain way.
    make sure all the cables are in good condition and firmly plugged in.
    In rF2, assign a keyboard key / button for Reset FFB and make sure you save the controller profile.

GRAB_054.JPG

3. Filip

Filip Registered

Are you having same problem in offline races with many AI?

4. LiquidKameleon

LiquidKameleon Registered

Haven't had issue with that, but I can try to set one up with a whole bunch of them and pay more attention if anything similarly wierd happens.

I am installing the newest Fanatec drivers right now to see if it helps. The wheel is running the latest firmware and I'm not changing it since it works flawlessly with every other game.