Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Try to apply these pressures on the Porsche Cup, guys and tell me, it feels right :D

(around 213kpa warm, i think)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To all people who have an opinion on the car.

3. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

4. CrimsonEminence

This minimum cold pressure seems more okay for the rF2 car...there and under, it starts to feel alright...but it results in hot pressures under recommended limitations most of the time...higher pressures and it starts to get slower and being strange to drive...

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I HATE trying to figure out what a chart is showing us. My GUESS would be the tire pressure must be higher when the camber is greater. I'm assuming all those zeros mean you cannot run below 2.2bar when the camber is set to -4.25

OdeFinn likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I agree it's a bit confusing, but in the top left of those tables is "number of runs". So zero runs where it says 0 - don't do it.

7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

Truth is inside you.

9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

SmartSelect_20191101-120543_Drive.jpg
    Google for "911_gt3_cup_2018.pdf"
    Type2(gen2) performance setup has P9 wing as only change to Type 1 performance setup..

10. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

that has to be ingame, not "google it"

ECAR_Tracks, Emery, Marisa and 2 others like this.
  11. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Combining Porsches Performance Setup for 2018 gen 2 and Michelin tire data, I ended on this setup, personally this is everything what I need for this car, it's achieving lap times equal to real-life and it's obeying real-life setup, it can tolerate all kind of tracks and adjusting AI to real-life speeds is just enough for me. If you want online competitive setup, then this might be not for you, but if you just want to enjoy constant Porsche feel, which isn't killing you, if you're even trying to survive, then this might be for you.
    Tire pressures are adjusted on ambient 24-29°C and hitting Michelin specs of hot pressures under allowed Cup 0.1bar tolerance, barely keeping sidewalls on formation during cornering.
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.11.02 - 14.40.07.61.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.11.02 - 14.40.17.86.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.11.02 - 14.40.23.87.png

12. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for your efforts, OdeFinn and posting in this easy to understand format, using the UI. I will give your setup gift a whirl this afternoon.

memoNo1 and OdeFinn like this.
  13. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Managing tire temps of this car is great game, Michelin tire data is really good guide, like their information of +1°C=0.01 bar is matching on game. I have good results when adjusting pressures along camber/pressure by table and trying to hit "low temps" on track around 45-50° on front and 50-55° on rear, keeping reserve for cornering and making cornering hot temps to barely match tire data lowest temps for current camber. Playing with camber and pressures track by track is pretty easy. Overheating tires is truly possible, but not so hard to manage with good pressures, which can be cooled pretty quickly.
    Absolutely just brilliant car. :p

marmagas, bwana and Eric Rowland like this.
  14. Zopzodeman

Zopzodeman Registered

the main question is now:
    Why are the tyres on the Cup behaving differently then e.g. GT3 cars tyres?
    For me that leaves only one conclusion :
    Either ALL the previous tyres of the released DLC were modeled wrong OR the Cups tyres are buggy/wrong
    The Cups tyres cool down on the conatct patch like they have tyre warmers pemanently on

15. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Only when driving too soft pressures or toasting with excessive amounts of toe.
    Finding (feeling) when camber vs toe is matching with rake and height of car was a quest, but when you find the feeling of it you'll start to notice what kind of gripper this car actually is, you can torture tires a lot when going on good geo alignment and pressure.
    Did geo alignment for "performance setup" and it is unbelievable gripper, several times had to check if I have accidentally some aids activated, so glued to track, now end result is practically good for every track, only small basic changes, like arb adjusting per track.
    When alignement is hitting "right", curb FFBs isn't hitting so sharply on wheel, just smooth rolling over and you can easily accelerate or brake on top... hint. :D

16. CrimsonEminence

Avg. Laptimes in a 10-15 lap stint? Let's say, Nürburg GP or Silverstone?

You are using 9er wing and much rear toe...that gives you stability, which could be confused with "grippyness"

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  17. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Don't know yet, teet race runs on Nurb Combined layout, grid 18 standing start 3 lap avg ~9:01 is only "time" currently, pressure adjusting for 3 laps on progress. Will try something on those later, still my lap times aren't good for comparison, I'm just average driver.

Edit: below is just stress testing on nGP, trying to get tires so hot at loss of grip makes me spin etc. Pressures are from Michelin tire data table, P6 wing.
    Driving lines aren't there, just trying to be harsh on tires, doing stupid moves, stupid pedal work etc. Hot lap and constant pace not known yet, but faster than on this video :D

..Few crackles on audio at last laps.. Sorry, one problem to solve later.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    philmcqueen and CrimsonEminence like this.
  18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

For those interested in this car, here is an exchange with Rudy yesterday on discord:

Oldseb Yesterday at 3:53 PM
    a little question, how do you find the Porsche cup on rf2 your opinion please! @Rudy van Buren

Rudy van Buren Yesterday at 3:56 PM
    @Oldseb It's pretty good. Few things regarding tire model that mess up the balance a little. Will be fixed later on. All feelings about doesn't brake, locks up etc, welcome in the Porsche cup car. :)

19. CrimsonEminence

I'm basically saying this the whole time...
    Absolutely, in my opinion, the braking isn't that much of a problem, when you choose right braking points...it is behaving strange on throttle, while using more "realistic" tyre pressures.
    Let me join you.^^ You are saving the tyres pretty okay, tbh. But the last laps are crucial with this car, yeah.

101% AI, the low tyre pressure setup, no aids, hunt for podium, this race was pretty fun. I can just record in 720p30 at the moment, so not as much quality as your vid! :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  20. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Don't have such problem when tire alignment is nailed or even close, only if alignment sums weird values then that happens. But i know what you ment, not a model problem, alignment problem only.

You have audio, I'm checking what's causing my Kellogg's snap crackle pop happening..
    Will those low pressures handle i.e. CTMP long turns?

How to get that contact patch display what you have on upper left corner? SmartSelect_20191111-084950_YouTube.jpg