Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1116 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I'd be reluctant to blame rF2 for the menu screen flicker in VR it may be the steam VR update the other day. If you use the openvr_api by The Iron Wolf the screen doesn't flicker in the menu but only loads one eye while the AI load.

2. Depco

Depco Registered

I am getting screen flicker and blackening screen while track is loading if I move my head in VR. I also have been getting screen flickering when the game loads up each driver on a multiplayer server, however, that has been happening pretty much day 1 with VR.

3. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

Good morning.
    I have a friend in our community who cannot enter rfactor 2 after update v1116. I went to his computer to test it and it is true, when you enter rfactor 2, the launcher comes out but if you hit the offline helmet or the two online helmets, after a few seconds they take it out of rfactor 2 without giving it any type of error on screen. What you try on your pc is to return to build v1115 and this one works perfectly.
    Could it be because of the video that has been put on when you enter factor 2? We have formatted the pc with windows 10 and it is clean and still does not let you enter the build v1116.
    Any help on this topic? Thank you

I have also seen that some red letters appear as indicating that something is missing from the dlc of the gt3

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

If it’s a clean w10 build, you will need to run the 4 exe files in the /support/runtimes folder

6. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

Thank you, we will try to execute those files, although I have never had to do it, since I recently changed my PC and I did not need it, but we will try that option that you comment.

7. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

8. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Follow up on this "Session Reset" bug : it seems limited to the Nurburgring DLC track, according to my tests.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Had same thing to me happen on this track, near the end of the last lap suddenly I find myself on the starting grid again and all is reset.

VirusGR42 and SRGP like this.
  10. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I can confirm this bug with the Nürburgring in not only race sessions, all sessions (tested in Multiplayer on the P1-Gaming server, somebody needs to check single player). As soon as the clock hits zero the car gets teleported into the garage (similarly when you fall through a track). Also the timer seams to jump heavily, but I did not remember the precise number on my SimHub dash, it was however like the session was over for over 30 min, could be an overflow leading it to jump to minimum and rf2 panicking and teleporting cars into the garage.
    But it happens every single time.

But seriously, wtf are you guys (S397) doing that this stuff can happen

SRGP likes this.
  11. SRGP

SRGP Registered

In my tests, in Qual session only, the Timer was systematically reset and changed from 10 min. to 90 min.

12. jers

jers Registered

I run 3 screens and have not had any problem - nor have i changed any of my settings at all. recently i have had frame freeze problems that have made me turn down my settings - is this due to this new build? are they planning any updates? any suggestions on fix's to help until next build fixes frame freeze?