I’ve had enough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crashley6, Nov 9, 2019.

1. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

Every time I come to start rFactor2 it fails.
    In what way?

it’s lost my tracks and cars, last time I tried was a year ago, I am now trying again and it’s failed again.
    Cannot download cars or tracks, I don’t know how to and don’t want to know, why should I become a software expert, I just need to learn tracks and then go and race.
    Before steam took over it was simple, I gained lots of time on tracks n the real car as a result of using rFactor, now? Impossible

I have now removed the app and reinstalling, you never know, it may work however, I have lost everything I setup.
    Not happy

rant over.

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sounds like you haven't have enough if you are reinstalling.

I dislike many things about navigating the steam workshop and so... but fundamentally all you need to do is to subscribe/unsubscribe an item. Not a rocket science. As well as managing files/folders.

bwana likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

rF2 can be very frustrating at times but don't give up....we will get you up & running ;)

atomed likes this.
  5. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

I found a setting in the RF2 once it was up and running, never had to this before, as a result I managed to get all the tracks and cars working, great, at last, then I was able to find 3rd party cars and tracks and load them.
    You would have thought that was the end of the story, no, after working on it all bloody day, setting up the steering wheel and pedals, yet again, finally get to try a lap, turn left and the car gets thrown ff the track.
    Go to look at settings, now the bloody Fanatec wheel and pedals have disappeared.
    Honestly, you couldn’t make this up.
    One thing fixed, another thing breaks.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you state your problem more specifically people can try to help. I've read nearly every thread in here for the last 8 years and I have no idea what problems or settings you've described above.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Which one? There are a lot of settings.

Did you have any driving aids turned on?
    difficulty.PNG

When you assigned functions to your controller did you save it with a unique name?
    For example, load the default Fanatec CSR Elite profile, assign controls as you want, save and rename different to default name.
    controledit.PNG

atomed and makan like this.
  8. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

9. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

Just to say thank you all for your responses.

as you can tell, I am frustrated as hell, I am sure with your help, I’ll get it fixed.

pretty sure the issue is caused by the Fanaled plug-in. There was an update and I think that’s killed it.

had enough now, will have a go tomorrow

10. bwana

bwana Registered

You had no cars or tracks previously as you hadn’t selected ‘All cars and tracks ‘ you lost your Fanatec settings as you didn’t save profile. It’s a little confusing when learning its idiosyncratic ways but once you have it dialed in it’s a very simple process

atomed and GrimDad like this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Just make sure that the recent windows update didn't corrupt your fanatec drivers. It happened to me yesterday and had to un-install then re-install the fanatec driver package.

12. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

I now have access to Fanatec Wheel Properties, this was a security/access issue. I only had “Special Access”. I have fixed that.
    Windows now sees the pedals and the steering wheel, I can adjust the wheel etc, great.
    Now I go into rF2 and it will not see the wheel. It will see the buttons on the wheel and I can assign lights, horn etc to specific buttons.

When it loads up, rF2 appears on the wheel display.

Detect in controls doesn’t see the wheel, it does see the pedals. Wheel and pedals are connected via separate USB.

13. crashley6

crashley6 Registered

Hi all

A huge thank you to all of you.

I said I wasn’t an expert in setting up rF2 and I was right.

There were issues not of my making that caused me to rant and see red however, the last piece of the puzzle was me.

I went into controllers and saved my profile and realised that there were some preset profiles once I scrolled through. The last time I did this setup was over 3 years ago. Sure enough there is the Fanatec profile. Bingo. All working.
    Now if anyone has a good setup for the wheel I would very much appreciate that.

I apologise for coming across like a complete dork and for losing my temper, you all helped keep me on track.

Thank you once again, superstars.

atomed, makan, davehenrie and 2 others like this.
  14. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes from time to time I have to do the same with logitech profiler too.

15. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Why did you not back up your entire player folder or at least the settings folder which contains your setups? On a computer one must have one if not 2-3 backups of important data one does not want to lose.

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If you have Steam Cloud turned on, your car setups are saved on the cloud.
    Not suggesting to rely on it, just a bit of info in case you were unaware.

17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Thanks I did but I do not trust Steam for anything. :)