Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

What is a fake grip setting?

2. romaFC

romaFC Registered

so instead of using natural progressing real road. (which is how I always drive rF2)

select saturated and suddenly there is so much rubber on the circuit there is 3+ seconds in lap time gain.

but if you select that with GT3 cars you can be way faster than real life around silverstone.

so its not really solution for GT3 Cup Car, but tbh this car is terrible braking wise compared to other games and real life.

3. Filip

Filip Registered

We need a comparison video of rl vs rf2 onboard with pedal inputs to see if and how much braking differs.
    And volunteers? :D

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

You are doing it wrong, natually progressing is not a preset it self, is a setting which set the real road to make it carry the rubber you have at the end of the previous session of the weekend. If you use naturally progressing as a first preset of the weekend, you start with a green track, because of course there is no rubber to carry as there is no previous session.

A saturated track is not fake, but i'm not sure what do you mean by fake as that happens in every real race. Also is not a secret that the GT3 cars in rF2 are too fast than the real one.

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

RL here you go ...rest up to you. But , as i readd somewhere else, carrera cup could be with ABS. So its more of a challenge for you :D as this guy is hardly braking at all

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. franser

franser Registered

Porsche Cup Brazil , It does not use ABS, and you can notice at the end of the lap how it blocks and a yellow light on the board

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This car has been a massive disappointment all round. Visually as well as Physics so it seems.
    One would think that things would improve, get better as more are done but this isn't the case at all. This one has taken a full 180" back the other way.
    Studio 397 really badly needs to appoint a quality control person on everything before release. They can't go this far backwards and thing it want come with a prize!

8. franser

franser Registered

It can be improved but it does not seem like a disappointing car in terms of physics, the cup cars are thoroughbred cars, a lot of power without any electronic help and low aerodynamics so they are difficult to master beasts

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I’m almost done with this car . It’s not about being fast or slow , it’s about not feeling the car even wit h DD wheel and motion system. I can do the same AI at 106% after 15 laps of practice session and with a proper setup but I can’t be consistent at all. I can’t understand why the hell one can lose the rear of this car when your are in 3 gear with the correct rpm and when you have the car straight and I barely touched the accel pedal. You then can’t do anything.... with every other damn car in rfactor2 I can feel when the car start to lose grip with my DD and motion system ( TL) but with this one I can’t .

10. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

What do you think about this setup ?

Attached Files:

11. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

hm. That sounds not ok. I am very consistent meanwhile, but i also have to do a lot of laps. But its fun to drive. I miss the brake locking feel and sometimes its missing also the rear end feel, but its very predictable. But its also the first model where i wish a better and faster wheel.

And what is a proper setup for this model ? :D meanwhile i have something different from the usual posted setups and it feels very stable. High wing(7-9), lowest pressure, lowest diff, brake pressure <80%, ride height ~85/95, camber F/R -4/-4.5 and front toe in -0.6 to -0.9 o_O:confused::D

How can i achieve that background engine growling PLEASE ? Rest of the sound is fine, just that bass is a bit missing

oh and the safety net is still missing :p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

The ABS is used in the IMSA GT3 Cup challenge

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Depends where you read, I've seen way more prising than complaints about this one. I mean.. you cant take serious comments from some ppl that talk about "real life" judging the pedals imput there without considering what kind of mapping (or how much pressure) it's set to. While complaints about rf2 are very fair considering the state of things never forget 99% of simracers are just ppl in their basement with 0 clue abt anything lol and then you see things like "fake grip settings", this kind of stuff is only good for a laugh :D
    It was said on Discord that according to Rudy the default setup is the closest to the real car messing up too much with it remove this behavior, I'd take the word of a simracer that is driving the car in real life (and helped to put it in game?) over these guys any day, ofc cant forget that he may get paid to say that but since I didnt see this in public I guess it may be true. S397 should reduce the ranges (or how much each click changes) in the setup even

bwana and Obbzy_XR_ like this.
  14. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

has Rudy said that ? :rolleyes:

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That's what was said on Discord, guy was asking about locked setups with allowing only a few changes or something like that and his reason was this comment from Rudy.

16. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

yeah, someone said that someone said ... as long as there is no official S397 statement, thats all aunties rumour for me and for that funny hozlap setup there is a company to ask why when and so on :D

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

some ppl are trustable sources ;)
    There is also the fact that this is based(?) on the one Porsche use for their drivers and how close Rudy is to S397, they even had a sponsorship on his car car, it's not hard to believe he had something in the process of making this car. The chances of this being true is far higher than the the words of the average Joes in their mom's basement being real, isn't it?
    I'll take this and the Norma as good points, on physics at least. Everything else not so much.

18. romaFC

romaFC Registered

just like Ben Collins was for pCars 2......or Rene Rast....

there is pro drivers that play Gran Turismo Sport and claim its really good.

its just pr talk.

I find it funny that people get so offended that someone can question something because its official content.
    S397 can make mistakes too, every developer does.
    this GT3 Cup car does not behave like real thing. you can google real life video on youtube and get that out in few seconds.

meanwhile take any of S397 GTE cars you can match real life down to tenth.

as for the fake grip..

take saturated grip and you will do 2:04-2:05 around silverstone lap 2-3. if you get it all together you will do high 2:03. alien would probably do 2:01.

take natural progressing grip 90 minutes practice. 30 AI cars. you will start off 2:10 and eventually by end get down to 2:07. And won't go any further no matter what you do.

I am so over this car.

Good for us that there is other cars to drive.

GTE and GT3 are great fun in rf2.

Akela_DE likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I was going to do a proper comment but after this I just rest my case :D
    also read again my first post, nuff said.

David Kolody likes this.
  20. romaFC

romaFC Registered

if the car is so real why can't it do lap time around silverstone that matches real life?

also do you know how many real drivers use iRacing for testing?

if you want to go down that road....