VEC Sepang Div 3 Drivers swap issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by alexSchmurtz, Nov 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

@Christopher Elliott @Marcel Offermans So yesterday there were drivers swap problems in the div3 server for the VEC race. When joining as spectator, drivers could not see any cars (or only one in our case, not ours unfortunately). We could see other spectators on the other hand. This lead to a red flag and a simple server reboot solved most issues (more about that later...).

Stephen was in the car for the first stint, here is his log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnbp7e9h11l8trq/Sepang R1 2_V5__RealTimeLogging_PT.zip?dl=0
    Unfortunately I don't have the logs from our second driver, but as he was having trouble I tried as well (and could see only one car, the same as him). Here are my logs (3 unsuccessful attempts to join + 1 previous log from joining the practice server just before, for comparaison): https://www.mediafire.com/file/j2grjgy6o38wre0/#385_AlexSchmurtz_VECdic3.7z/file

Thanks for looking into it if you can!

I hope other drivers will post theirs logs as well.

2. Niissee

Niissee Registered

Swedish Simracers Car 329 at Div3 race yesterday.
    We failed to do driver swaps, I was disconnected at 1st try, at 2nd try did I never get the car and had no visible countdown, also our 2nd driver failed to get the car, he had no trace on.

Attached Files:

3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

I'm not sure if this is related or not but we also got issues at the next drivers swap. This time it is isolated so I'm not sure if it comes from our side. After the race was restarted, Stephen did a full stint and Taichi tried to join. It went as normal this time: he could ride as a passenger, Stephen could select him as the next driver when requiring pit stop. They both got the message "you will gain/loose control in x seconds". But Stephen was still in control after the stop! They made a couple more attempts: again Stephen could select Taichi as a driver, but this time just before stopping the car in its pitbox, it would reverse to Stephen name! And he was still in control.

After a couple failure, Taichi left the server and I joined to try. Same result: Stephen could select me but it reverted to his name just before the pit box. Here are my logs from the incident: https://www.mediafire.com/file/hc1cogn7pluknzu/#385_AlexSchmurtz_VECdriverSwapFail.7z/file

Thanks for your help!

4. Robert Johnsson

Robert Johnsson Registered

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. D Nichols

D Nichols Registered

This sounds like the same issue Marius Nicolae and I had during the first race at Silverstone in D2. Hopefully now S397 have more examples to work from.