Where is my DLC?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by GuitarTech, Nov 1, 2019.

1. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

After doing a new install of rF2, I see that my GT3 DLC is missing some "unknown files" so that it wont load into rF2. As this DLC is the one I drive most, it's a bit frustrating. I know I've seen this problem mentioned before, but I can't find the solution anywhere using the search function.Can anybody help?
    The DLC items that are missing are not in the workshop under subscribed items. I'm a bit pissed off at having to jump through hoops to get the DLCs that I paid for. I can't seem to find a way to get them back, after screwing around all evening I'm getting a bit hacked off.
    After finding them in the inventory (at last upload_2019-11-1_18-7-38.gif ), and unsubscribing and subscribing them several times, they still refuse to install.
    When I look in my purchasing history on steam, all my stuff that is missing is crossed out, and it says "failed" WTF?
    Now Steam is telling me that I don't actually have any DLC for rF2. upload_2019-11-1_18-9-22.gif
    And I still haven't heard from any support, not Steam and also not from studio397
    Not impressed. Is anybody there? When can I expect to get all my paid DLC back again?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you actually get charged for anything? Sounds like Steam had an issue with your payment method.

3. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Nonesense. Until I had to reinstall yesterday I've been driving them since I bought them on June 25th.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

I've been using them since I bought them in June. I just bought them again 10 mins ago to test, in the absence of any reply from the support. The next €17.50 down the drain, still doesn't install

6. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Yes, yes, yes, I've been there and done that. I unsubscribed and subscribed them all for about a thousand times, no luck.I even bought them all again, for €17.50 altogether, no luck. Still getting the message about missing base files etc. With a vanilla install? What has gone tits up?

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The first thing you need to do, before time runs out, is to refund that purchase from Steam, since that didn't work anyway.

It's probably something with your install, unless it's an issue with the new Steam UI.

There's several posts about fixing this issue, including the one that Lazza posted above.

8. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Got it! Did anybody know that skin packs block the installation from DLC packs? Well you do now. That was the problem. Shame I had to pay twice before I found out that that was the problem. And still no answer from any support, what a joke :D:D:D:D:D

9. Filip

Filip Registered

Well you didn't give them time.
    You reported a "problem" on holiday and expect immediate feedback?
    They are not ER waiting for a call.
    Btw the "problem" you had was caused by you messing with 3rd party unsupported skin packs if I got that right?
    If that is the case than tbh I am glad that you paid twice because you are arrogant to blame others for your incompetence and impatience.

10. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

The skin pack is in the rF2 workshop, I thought the workshop content was official? Doesn't studio397 care about what people upload to the workshop? I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up :)

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, they don't control what goes on the workshop. That would be massively time consuming, checking all content against all other content.

The core issue really is that different items can interfere with each other, in terms of installation like this or when loading up content within the game. But that will be a long term fix.

12. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Why didn't you get a refund from Steam?